IBPS Clerk exam is around the corner and it’s time to buck up and get set for the upcoming exam. In this article, we bring to you preparation tips for the reasoning section in IBPS clerk exam. Reasoning is one of the challenging sections in the exam. Quant and reasoning consumes the maximum time of a candidate during the exam. Therefore, it is advised to attempt reasoning and quant after completing the easier sections. However, with clear concepts and practice, one can score big in the reasoning section.
How to crack Reasoning in IBPS Clerk 2017
|Topic Vs Questions|
P.S. The topic -wise break-up of questions is approximate based on previous years’ trends.
Categorize Reasoning Section
As reasoning is one of the most time-consuming sections in the IBPS clerk exam, to categorize the section in terms of difficulty can be a good trick. You can categorize this section in simple, medium and complex and attempt questions in the same order. This way you will be able to finish more number of answers on time.
Reasoning Questions – Simple
- Classification/Odd Pair
- Series Completion/Analogy
- Direction Based /Direction Sequence
- Number, Ranking & Time Sequence
- Alphabet /Dictionary
Questions around these topics should be attempted first. There will be approximately 10-12 questions around these topics in the IBPS clerk exam.
Reasoning Questions – Medium
- Blood Relations
- Coding Decoding
- Data Sufficiency
Candidates can expect approximately 15-17 questions covering these topics in the exam. Practice is the mantra to master these questions.
Reasoning Questions – Complex
- Seating Arrangement
- Input Output Machine
There will be 10-15 questions from this section. Attempt these at the end depending on the time left. Do not attempt a question unless you are confident.
Reasoning Books to Refer
- Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by Dr. R.S. Agarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey
- Magical Book of Puzzles by K Kundan
Practice IBPS Clerk Mock Tests
The above categorization not just help you in the exam but also during your exam preparation. You can distinguish the easy and complex questions. Identify topics you are weak and focus more on understanding them.
Practice as many mock tests as you can. This will improve your knowledge as well as speed. You can opt for time-bound mock tests from Oliveboard. You can also attempt topic wise test to evaluate your progress.
Attempt Previous Years’ Question Papers
This tip is almost relevant for all exams. Work out previous years’ question papers to evaluate your knowledge and speed and to understand the flow of questions. You can also check solved question papers of previous years for reference.
Final Tips for the Exam
- Manage your time well
- Do not spend too much time on any question
- First try to clear cut-offs, then attempt every question
- Read the instructions for each question well
Start practicing today with Oliveboard!
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course + 30 Full length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test