Looking at the previous years analysis of various Banking & Government Examinations, it is clear that Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency carries a considerable weightage as well as forms a mammoth part of Quantitative Aptitude Section. Therefore it becomes extremely important that its preparation is done with utmost sincerity. To help aspirants know the preparation strategy for this section of the Quantitative section we have come up with this blog of “How to Ace Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency?” Read the blog in its entirety to understand the complete approach towards this section.
Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency – Types of Questions
Data Analysis and Interpretation section may include the following kinds of questions based on –
- Charts and Graphs – Line Graph, Pie Chart, Mixed DI
- Caselets and Paragraphs Based Questions
- Data Sufficiency
- Table/Illustration-based Questions
Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency – Some Tips
Factors to be taken into consideration while preparing of DI and DS section
- Data Interpretation is a calculation intensive portion of the quantitative aptitude section. It comprises of a myriad of tables, graphs, charts etc and task is to analyse the data and come to a meaningful conclusion.
- Always remember that you need not calculate everything as soon as you see the question. Carefully read the questions that follow the Graphs/Charts and then calculate the answers to only those whose answers are required.
- Scan through the complete question once and then make appropriate conclusions. Do not jump into calculations.
- Data sufficiency questions will require even more effort as it would require you to select an option that is enough to answer the question given.
- Always remember not all questions will require solving, some could be solved only by applying some concept and no calculation will be required. This will require you to be very thorough with your concepts of various quants topics as well as ability to comprehend the concept behind a particular question.
How to Ace Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency?
- Improve Calculation Speed – Learn the Quant formulas of topics like Averages, Alligations, Percentages, Fractions, Speed, Time & Distance, Mensuration, Geometry etc by heart and then you are required to work on your calculation speed so that you could compute the answers to simpler questions in no time. You could also watch some youtube videos to learn some fast calculation techniques so that you could save time in the Exam and thereby solve greater number of questions.
- It is also advisable to Learn tables, Square roots, cube roots and mug it up like you mug up the lyrics of a film song. These will help you save a lot of time while solving Quants Section.
- While computing answers for DI and DS, use approximate figures to reduce the time taken to find the actual answer.
- Now after all this done practice a range of varied types of questions daily, which will make you feel comfortable in solving DI & DS type of questions. You can practice a vast array of questions of latest exam pattern through topic tests. These will prepare you for those type of questions and also will enhance your speed and accuracy.
This was all from us Oliveboard in this blog of How to Ace Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency. For interactive classes for Quants with our Faculty members visit the Youtube Channel for Quicker Quants Classes every Tuesday. IF you wish to get in touch with your fellow competitors for preparation of SBI Clerk or SBI PO Exam, you can visit Oliveboard’s discuss forum. All the best for your Exam preparation
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- Enroll for IBPS RRB Cracker Course for 2019 Officer and Assistant Exam preparation
- Preparing for EPFO Assistant Exam? Attempt a Free Test here
- Attempt a FREE MOCK Test for LIC AAO Mains 2019
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test
- Start Preparing for RBI Grade B 2019 Exam with a FREE Mock Test