BCI International Lawyers Conference 2023
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the ‘International Lawyers’ Conference 2023′ at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi on September 23, 2023, at 10 AM. During the conference, Prime Minister Modi will also deliver an address to the gathering. This event will bring together legal professionals and experts from around the world to discuss important legal issues and matters of global significance.
About International Lawyers’ Conference 2023
The ‘International Lawyers’ Conference 2023′ is being organized by the Bar Council of India under the theme ‘Emerging Challenges in the Justice Delivery System.’ It is scheduled to take place from September 23rd to 24th, 2023. This conference serves as a significant platform for engaging in meaningful dialogues and discussions on a wide range of legal topics, both at the national and international levels.
The primary objectives of the conference are to facilitate the exchange of ideas and experiences among legal professionals, address emerging legal trends, discuss challenges in cross-border litigation, explore the impact of legal technology, and delve into environmental law and related issues. It aims to promote international cooperation and understanding on various legal matters.
The event is a historic occasion as it marks the first time such a conference is being held in India. It will feature the participation of esteemed judges, legal professionals, and leaders from the global legal community, making it a valuable platform for sharing insights and fostering collaboration in the legal field.
All Technical Sessions
- Global Law for Global Issues: International Legal Solutions
- Access to Justice and Legal Aid in Developing Nations
- Justice Delivery System: The Impact of Social Media
- Alternative Dispute Resolution in International Transactions
- Artificial Intelligence: Transforming the Legal Landscape
- Intellectual Property Rights in a Borderless World
- The Changing Landscape of Criminal Law
- Equal Opportunity in Building a Sustainable Legal Profession: Way Forward
- Evolving Role of Legal Professionals/Institutions
- Future of Legal Education: The Next Generation Lawyer
About the Bar Council of India (BCI)
The Bar Council of India (BCI) is the statutory body that regulates the legal profession in India. It was established under Section 4 of the Advocates Act, 1961. The BCI is responsible for maintaining the standards of the legal profession, protecting the rights of advocates, and promoting the welfare of the legal community.
The BCI is a 25-member body that consists of representatives from the All India Bar Association, the State Bar Councils, and the Supreme Court of India. Members of the Council elect a Chairman who heads the BCI.
Functions of the BCI
- Framing and enforcing rules of professional conduct for advocates.
- Promoting legal education and research.
- Providing legal aid to the poor and needy.
- Protecting the rights and interests of advocates.
- Promoting the welfare of the legal community.
The BCI also plays an important role in the administration of justice in India. It has the power to suspend or disbar advocates who violate the rules of professional conduct. The BCI also represents the legal profession in India before the Government and other authorities.
- 52nd Vijay Diwas 2023, Celebrating India’s Victory Over Pakistan
- National Energy Conservation Day 2023, All You Need to Know
- International Universal Health Coverage Day 2023
- International Mountain Day 2023, History, Theme & Significance
- UNICEF Foundation Day 2023, A Legacy of Hope and Support
- Death Anniversary of Alfred Nobel 2023, Nobel Prizes and Quotes