Birth Anniversary of Lala Lajpat Rai 2024
Every January 28, we remember Lala Lajpat Rai, a hero in India’s fight for freedom against the British. Born in 1865 in Punjab, he was lovingly called “Punjab Kesari,” meaning the Lion of Punjab.
Three Brave Friends: Lal, Bal, and Pal
Lala Lajpat Rai was part of a famous trio of freedom fighters known as “Lal, Bal, and Pal,” along with Bal Gangadhar Tilak and Bipin Chandra Pal. Together, they stood up against the British rulers, leaving a lasting impact on India’s struggle for independence.
Champion of Using Our Own Stuff
Lajpat Rai strongly believed in using goods made in India instead of relying on imports from the West. He thought this would help our local businesses and make us more self-reliant. In 1921, he started the “Servants of the People Society” in Lahore, showing his dedication to serving the country.
Leading the Indian National Congress
Lala Lajpat Rai also took charge as the President of the Indian National Congress in 1920, showing his important role in guiding the freedom movement.
Lala Lajpat Rai’s Powerful Words
Besides his political work, Lajpat Rai was known for his motivational quotes:
- “I wish newspapers would put headlines like ‘Milk for Infants, Food for Adults, and Education for All’ on their front pages.”
- When the British government ordered a harsh beating, he said, “The British government can’t be called ‘civilized’ when it terrifies its own people. The beatings I faced are the final nails in the coffin of British rule in India.”
- Talking about helping those who were struggling, he said, “It’s the duty of regular people and leaders to lift up those who are struggling for the fair progress of our people and our country.”
Lala Lajpat Rai’s legacy goes beyond fighting for India’s freedom. His love for using Indian products, leadership in the Indian National Congress, and inspiring words make him a respected figure in our history. On his birthday, let’s remember and honor this Lion of Punjab for his bravery and dedication to making India free.
28th January 2024 Special Day
On January 28th, 2024, people globally commemorate the heroic legacy of Lala Lajpat Rai, born on this day in 1865 in Punjab, India. Fondly known as “Punjab Kesari” or the Lion of Punjab, Rai played a crucial role in India’s fight for independence against the British. This special day honors his indomitable spirit and contributions, serving as a reminder of his lasting impact on the nation’s history.
- Indian Navy Agniveer MR Result 2024, Download Merit List
- Indian Navy Agniveer MR Previous Year Cut Off 2024, Check
- Indian Navy Agniveer SSR Apply Online 2024, Direct Apply Link
- 24 February 2024 Current Affairs in English
- KEA VAO Recruitment 2024 Notification Out For 1000 Posts