Static GK carries significant marks in TNPSC and TNUSRB exams. Questions related to History are commonly asked in all Tamil Nadu Exams. To help you in your studies, we have compiled an ebook with the Chera Dynasty. TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022 will be held on 21 May 2022. The last date to apply is 23 March 2022. TNUSRB SI exam will be held in June 2022. Last date is 7 April 2022.
Table of Contents
Click on the link below to download the Chera Dynasty.
How to Download the Free Chera Dynasty PDF?
- Click on the given download link. You will be taken to Oliveboard’s FREE Ebooks Page. Alternately, you can download the Oliveboard Android App to access these on your smartphone.
- Register/Login on to the Free E-Books Page of Oliveboard (It is 100% free, You just enter your valid email id and a password to be able to download the Monthly current affairs PDF).
- Once logged in you’ll see the message “Please click here to download the Free Ebook“. Click on the message to download that particular ebook.
Chera Dynasty | Sneak Peek
The Cheras ruled over the central and northern parts of Kerala and the Kongu region of Tamil Nadu. They controlled the ports of the west coast, Musiri, and Tondi. Vanji (Present-day Karur or Tiruvanchaikkalam in Kerala) was their capital. Most Scholars now accept that there were two main branches of the Chera family and the Poraiya branch ruled from Karur of present-day Tamil Nadu.
- The emblem of Cheras was “bow and arrow”.
- The Pugalur inscription of the 1st century AD has reference to three generations of Chera rulers.
- The Cheras owed its importance to trade with the Romans. They also built a temple of Augustus there.
The most well-known ruler of Cheras was Senguttuvan, the Red Chera or the Good Chera in the 2nd century A.D.
- His military achievements have been chronicled in epic Silapathikaram, with details about his expedition to the Himalayas where he defeated many north Indian rulers.
- Senguttuvan introduced the Pattini cult or the worship of Kannagi as the ideal wife in Tamil Nadu.
- He was the first to send an embassy to China from South India.
The Chera Kingdom – Social, Administration & Political Aspects
- Most information known about the Cheras is through the texts of Sangam Literature. The most common sources include the Pathitrupattu, the Akananuru, and the Purananuru
- The Cheras introduced copper and lead coins, which were inspired by Roman coins. The majority of these coins were discovered in the Amaravati riverbed and are the most important source of Chera historiography.
Download the Chera Dynasty Ebook for your preparation. Prepare with Oliveboard. Download the Oliveboard App.
TNPSC Group 2 Complete Course details
The TNPSC Group 2 Test Series includes :
- 20 TNPSC Group 2 Full Syllabus Mock Tests
- 10 TNPSC Group 2 Subject Wise Mock Tests
- Study Notes (English and Tamil)
- Mindmaps (English and Tamil)
- Free Study Material & E-Book Resources
Vanji (Present-day Karur or Tiruvanchaikkalam in Kerala) was the capital of the Chola Dynasty
Uthiyan Cheral Athan was the founder of the Chera dynasty.
The Cheras of the early historical period ruled from (c. second century BCE – c. third century CE). The Chera Perumal kingdom existed between (c. 9th- 12th century AD).
I have been creating exam related content for 3 years now. Having appeared for UPSC, SSC, Railway and Banking Exams myself, I understand and create relevant content, important from exams point of view. I am currently creating content for SSC, Railway, J&K and Law entrance exams. During my free time, I love bingewatching shows or read novels.
- Free Mock Tests, Courses, Videos and Ebooks – DOWNLOAD Oliveboard App
- Attempt Free SBI PO Mock Test now
- Attempt IBPS SO 2022 – Free Mock Test
- Attempt Free SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test now
- Latest Pattern SSC CGL Tier 2 Mock Test – Attempt Now
- Latest Pattern SSC CHSL Tier 1 & Tier 2 Mock Tests – Attempt Now