The Karnataka State Police Board conducts the Karnataka PSI examination for recruiting personnel for the post of Sub Inspector Karnataka Police. There are three parts to the exam: a written test, a physical test, and an endurance test. All three stages must be cleared before a candidate can be selected for Karnataka. With the help of a proper strategy, it is easier to crack this exam. In this blog, we will discuss how to crack the Karnataka PSI exam 2021 in 30 days. This will help you analyze how you can attempt the exam and what your preparation strategy should be.
Karnataka PSI Exam Pattern-Prelims:
The KSP SI Exam Pattern consists of three stages which are namely the Written-test, Physical Standard Test, and the Endurance Test. The candidate should clear all the rounds for final selection.
It consists of two papers :
1. Descriptive Examination
2. Objective-Type Examination
The pattern for the Paper – I – Descriptive type exam has been given below in the following table-
|Subject Name||Total Marks|
|Writing an essay of 600 Words||20|
|Translation from Kannada to English and vice versa||20|
The total time duration of the exam is 1 hour 30 minutes.
The pattern for Paper-II Objective Type Exam has been given below in the following table-
|Subject Name||Total Marks||Total Time Allowed|
|Mental Ability and Current Affairs||150 marks||1 hour 30 minutes|
After clearing the above two papers the candidate will give the physical standard test and the endurance test. After passing all three rounds the candidate will clear the Karnataka PSI Exam.
Karnataka PSI Study Plan-2021:
Let us dive deep into the KSP 2021 exam study plan for the better preparation of Karnataka PSI Exam Prelims 2021.
|3||Profit and Loss.||Countries and Capitals.|
|6||Mock Test-1||International and National Organizations.|
|7||Ratios and Proportion||Science and Technology|
|8||Time and Distance Problems on Trains||Revision|
|9||Pipes and Cistern||Mock test-7|
|10||Revision||Science – Inventions & Discoveries|
|12||Boats and Streams||Important days|
|13||Time and Work||Revision|
|14||Problems in Ages||Mock Test-8|
|17||Mixture and Alligation||.Revision of Indian History|
|18||H.C.F. and L.C.M.||Revision of Environment|
|19||Simple & Compound Interest.||Books and authors|
|20||Revision||Awards and honors|
|21||Mock Test-4||Mock Test-9|
|22||Clocks and Calendars.||Capitals|
|23||Number System||Indian economy|
|24||Data Interpretation||Revision of Indian Economy|
|25||Revision||Revision of Capitals|
|26||Mock Test-5||Mock Test-10|
|27||Profit and Loss||Budget and five-year plans|
Download the important Ebooks here for Karnataka PSI
|Top 50 Environment Questions||Click Here|
|General Science||Click Here|
|Local Government System in India||Click Here|
|Top 25 Important Lakes||Click Here|
|Indian Constitution||Click Here|
|List of Governor, CM, and Chief Justice of India||Click Here|
|Different Dance forms||Click Here|
|Important Straits in the world||Click Here|
|History Notes||Click Here|
Karnataka PSI Exam: General Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks for Karnataka PSI exam preparation.
- Make Time Table- Many students apply for any exam but then do not study systematically. For systematic study you need a proper time table. So first of all prepare a time table covering all the topics asked in the exam.
- Read good books: There are plenty of books available in the market, but reading all of them will be of no use. Refer to the standard books only. If you have notes from your coaching institute then refer to them for your preparation.
- Read Newspaper: For current affairs section in general Knowledge, newspapers will be very helpful.
- Revision is the key: One thing that sets toppers apart is the habit of revision. For this exam, revision is the key, you have to remember whatever you are reading.
- Mock Tests for Prelims: Join a mock test series for better understanding of the actual exam level, test series can immensely help you in acing this exam.
- Previous Year Question Papers: Go through the previous year question papers, It will help you to get a better idea of the level of exam and the kind of questions asked.
- Keep a check on time: While attempting the mock test, make sure to attempt it in the prescribed time slot.
- Physical Test Prep: make sure to prepare for the PET in advance. Many candidates start preparing for PET, once prelims results are declared. Do NOT repeat this. Start preparing for the physical exam once the prelims is over.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
With the proper strategy, you can clear the exam on the very first attempt. You can follow the proper strategy and booklist in order to succeed in this exam.
A candidate has to clear three stages namely the Written Test, Physical Standard Test, and the Endurance Test for being available for selection as Karnataka PSI.
The Mental Ability and the Current Affairs are the most important of all the subjects in the Karnataka PSI Exam Pattern. This is because they cover 150 marks out of 200.
The total number of vacancies that need to be filled for the post of Karnataka PSI is 402
I have been writing blog content for different exams for more than 3 years now. Being an aspirant myself and having closely worked with students and mentors, I know what kind of content an aspirant is looking for. Apart from writing content, I like watching movies.