The most awaited notification IBPS Clerk Notification is live for this year and the number of vacancies announced this time will motivate you to prepare more and score good. The important points to keep in mind before starting the IBPS Clerk Prep are – exam pattern, thorough analysis of last year exams, and concurrent preparation approach for Prelims and Mains. Every year aspirants are increasing for this post and only a few of them make it to the selection process, hence thorough practice is the only key to reach the end. In this blog, we will be discussing the preparation strategy for the exam. Before moving to IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy 2019 let’s just have a look through the exam pattern.
- IBPS Clerk Exam Syllabus
- IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy 2019 – Section-wise Strategy
- IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy 2019 – English Language:
- IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy 2019 – Numerical Ability
- IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy 2019 – Logical Reasoning
- IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy 2019 – General Tips
- 1. Take up Mock Tests.
- 2. Develop Interest in Reading.
- 3. Time Management.
- 4. Study Plan
- 5. Persistent Practice.
IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy 2019
Prelims Exam Pattern:
|S.NO.||Name. OF Test||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MAXIMUM MARKS||TIME DURATION|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 min|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|3||Logical Reasoning||35||35||20 min|
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern:
|S.NO.||Name. OF Test||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MAXIMUM MARKS||TIME DURATION|
|1||Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 min|
|2||English Language||40||40||35 min|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 min|
|4||General and Financial Awareness||50||50||35min|
In IBPS Clerk Exam you have to keep one thing in mind that you have to clear the sectional cut-offs as well as the overall cut-off to qualify for the next round.
IBPS Clerk Exam Syllabus
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Syllabus
|English Language||Logical Reasoning||Numerical Ability|
|Basic English Grammar||Blood Relations||Percentage|
|Spotting errors||Seating arrangement (Linear and Circular)||Ratio and Proportion|
|Fillers- Single and Double||Coding-Decoding||Simple Interest and Compound Interest|
|Cloze Test||Distance and Directions||Profit and Loss|
|Synonyms/ Antonyms||Coded and mathematical inequalities||Time Speed and Distance|
|Idioms and Phrases||Analogy / Classification||Time and Work|
|One word substitution||Ordering and Ranking||Number Series|
|Odd One Out||Double line up||Number System|
|Sentence Improvement||Input-Output||Data Interpretation|
IBPS Clerk Mains Syllabus:
|Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||General/Financial awareness||Logical Reasoning||Computer Aptitude|
|Simplification||Reading Comprehension||Static Awareness||Syllogisms||Basics of Computer|
|Number Series||Para-jumbles||Banking and financial awareness||Blood Relations||Operating System|
|Data Sufficiency||Synonyms and Antonyms||Banking/Financial Terms||Puzzles||Networking|
|Data Interpretation||Sentence Correction||Current Affairs||Seating arrangement (Linear and Circular)||MS Office applications|
|Quadratic Equation||Cloze Test||Coding-Decoding||Internet and E-mail|
|Time, Distance & Work||Fillers||Distance and Directions||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Partnership||Sentence Improvement||Coded and mathematical inequalities||Computer Hacking|
|Profit &Loss||Idioms and Phrases||Analogy / Classification||Computer Abbreviations|
|Simple Interest and Compound Interest||Vocabulary based questions||Input/Output||Computer Virus|
|Mixture & Allegations||Word/phrase Replacement||Statement and Assumptions||Computer abbrevations|
|Percentage||Odd one out||Statement-Course of Action||Computer Network-Types and Topology|
IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy 2019 – Section-wise Strategy
IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy 2019 – English Language:
- Reading and writing play a crucial role in your IBPS Clerk Preparation. Read as much as you can an individual need to increase his or her reading speed. The English Language section, section requires a lot of reading.
- A student can achieve good reading speed by reading different English newspaper daily and can mark and note upon the new word you have come across, or points about an important event. This reading should be performed on a daily basis.
- For grammar section we have para jumbles, fill in the blanks, find error etc for this basic grammar rules should be clear and grammar rules should be strictly followed.
- Cloze test is an integral part of the exam. Never overlook or ignore this portion as it can help you score 5-10 marks in the test. Just invest a day or two for practicing this part.
- Having a good vocabulary is very important. Keep yourself updated with all the vocabulary tricks available online.
IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy 2019 – Numerical Ability
- Begin your preparation from scratch. Allocate time to each and every section separately.
- This section demands most of the time and effort from the candidate. Regular practice will give you command over the formulas and its application.
- Start off with easy chapters and their questions and slowly, move on to more difficult and advanced chapters and their questions. Revision of questions you find difficult to answer is a must.
- Focus on learning the shortcut tips and tricks formulas which will help in increasing efficiency and reducing time input.
- The application of logic is very important throughout the chapters that are covered. Practice only will give you an edge.
- Data interpretation is the application of all the chapters of the Numerical Ability so clear the topics and then go through them. It is the most scoring part.
IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy 2019 – Logical Reasoning
- For logical reasoning understanding the logic behind the approach of the solution is most important when the logic is clear it means that there’s nothing left in the question.
- The logical section demands regular practice of different kinds of patterns and arrangements these will help you broaden your visibility to capture the pattern that is considered.
- Understanding the logic and developing good logic skills is the key point for this section.
- Develop good logic skills by watching different conceptual videos provided by Oliveboard. Once you get to know the method then it will be very easy.
- Time strategy for seating arrangement, puzzle etc should be developed as this section is all about time, develop speed and try to solve them in a very quick speed and practice various range of levels for this portion.
IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy 2019 – General Tips
1. Take up Mock Tests.
This will help you get used to the pressure of taking an exam and prepare you to face the challenges. You also need to assess your performance in the IBPS Clerk mock tests and work on your weak areas. Doing so, your score will increase with each test you take and by the time of the actual exam, you will be fully confident. Mock test play a crucial role in preparation and strategizing for the real exam. It gives a real-time scenario to you and mentally challenges you to be prepared. Accuracy and efficiency are 2 most important factors to be kept in mind for the exam which mocks help in achieving. After you take a mock, do a thorough analysis to understand what are your weaker sections and needs more practice.
2. Develop Interest in Reading.
Reading habit is one which will give you an edge over others. Sections like English, Computer Aptitude and General Awareness would require extensive reading with a faster understanding and quick attempt to the question. Read newspaper, articles, novels for at least half an hour daily to analyze the reading speed and summarising the read pages.
3. Time Management.
Time management will play a crucial role in clearing prelims as well as mains for IBPS PO. Time bounded practice will make you more efficient thus making you excel in realtime test situation. Accuracy is the key in IBPS Clerk exams. Attempting more questions in a shorter span of time will help in realizing a high score with more efficiency. Get into the habit of time management prior to the exam or else this may cause you to get distracted on the D day.
4. Study Plan
After familiarising yourself with the exam pattern the next step is to design a timetable that would help in aligning a systematic study schedule. Allocation of time slots should be more to the sections where you are weaker and less to the once where you have prior understanding. Keep making changes in the schedule as you approach the exams. Time allotment should be as per the requirement of practice.
5. Persistent Practice.
IBPS Clerk preparation requires extensive practice and the application of tricks and logics that are acquired with practice. It will help you in foraying the tricks on the fingertips which will eventually make the calculations faster and more efficient. Revise the questions and concept that you find hard
This was all for today in this blog, hope this input will help you in your exam preparation. Stay tuned with Oliveboard for more such blogs.
Start preparing with Oliveboard and crack your exam in one go.
ALL THE BEST
- Want to increase your Prelims score by +10?
Attempt Lockdown Live Tests – Free Daily All India Test Now
- GharPe Coaching 3.0 – Attend Free Live Classes for SBI PO & IBPS PO
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test