Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released the IBPS RRB Notification 2020 for recruitment of Group “A” – Officers (Scale I, II and III) and Group “B” – Office Assistant (Multipurpose) in Regional Rural Banks (RRBs). The Preliminary examinations are tentatively scheduled to be held in September 2020. The countdown has already started and to excel in this exam a candidate must be well-prepared beforehand. This exam is a test of speed and accuracy of a candidate as the competition to become banking personnel has reached another level. So to succeed in the goal of clearing the exam, prelims is the first and critical hurdle. The preliminary stage is highly contested as in this stage most of the filtration takes place. To ace the preliminary stage, the reasoning section is one of the most scoring sections to improve your score. In this article, we will learn how can one improve their IBPS RRB marks and score 35+ marks in the reasoning section of IBPS RRB examinations.
- 1.IBPS RRB Preliminary Exams Pattern 2020
- 2. Tips to Score 35+ Marks in the Reasoning Section
- 3. Strategy to Improve IBPS RRB Marks:
1.IBPS RRB Preliminary Exams Pattern 2020
IBPS RRB is the only exam which is organized by IBPS and only has two sections viz. Reasoning and Numerical Ability/Quantitative Aptitude at the preliminary stage.
The structure of the examination is as follows :
|Name of the tests||Number of questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
Scale – I
|Reasoning||40||40||Composite time of 45 minutes|
|Office Assistant||Reasoning||40||40||Composite time of 45 minutes|
The cutoff for the preliminary examination of IBPS RRB is high because of the increased competition. Thus the candidates are required to score as many marks as possible to beat the competition. To be on the safer side and to clear this stage, a good score of around 70 is essential. To achieve this feat you need to score at least 35 marks in the reasoning section.
2. Tips to Score 35+ Marks in the Reasoning Section
In the reasoning section, 40 questions are asked in Prelims. Keep an aim to attempt all the questions. This section is tricky because of the complex nature and time taking structure of questions. However, it is one of the most scoring sections to improve your score. And for that aspirants must be aware of the important topics of the section and the number of questions that are asked from each topic.
|Important Topics||Number of Questions|
|Seating Arrangements and Puzzles||13 – 15|
|Blood Relation||3 – 5|
|Syllogism / Data Sufficiency||4 – 6|
|Coding-Decoding / Input – Output||3 – 5|
|Inequalities||2 – 3|
|Direction Sense||2 – 3|
|Miscellaneous||3 – 5|
1. Seating Arrangements and Puzzles is the most important topic as most of the questions are from this topic. Practicing various types of seating arrangements like linear, circular, or square-shaped and floor-based, box or dates based puzzles will make this topic relatively easy. The questions in this topic are asked in the form of sets hence it is easier to score. Practicing more sets will also reduce your timing to solve the questions. If you solve most of the puzzle questions accurately, you will be definitely having an edge.
2. In topics like Blood Relations and Direction Sense, schematic representations and family diagrams prove to be of great help.
3. Questions in topics like Syllogism, Data Sufficiency, and Inequalities are relatively easy. Attempt these topics before the other topics as there are fewer chances of mistakes and it will help you to save time for other more complex topics.
4. Similarly like Seating Arrangements, sets of questions are asked from Coding-Decoding and Input-Output. To start the problem with the right approach is significant in these topics.
5. Questions from topics like Ordering and Ranking, Alphanumeric series, Alphabet based questions, Statements and Assumptions, etc. can be asked which are considered miscellaneous type questions. A single question is asked on any topic and the level of such questions in relatively easy.
3. Strategy to Improve IBPS RRB Marks:
The following are a few points that one can keep in mind and work on to improve his or her performance in the examination.
3.1 Prepare a study plan
As you are aware of the important topics, aspirants need to prepare a study plan to complete the syllabus before time. Aspirants need to make sure that days are kept aside in the study plan to practice as many as mock tests.
Start with individual topics first and then go for the reasoning section as a whole to practice the questions.
3.2 Clarity of concepts
Candidates need to work on the fundamental concepts and clear any doubts regarding the topics. For this Oliveboard Edge is the best platform as it provides live courses for IBPS RRB exam.
3.3 Time Management
In the preliminary exam, a composite time of 45 minutes is given to attempt both the sections is given hence time management is of utmost importance.
- To improve the speed identify the less time taking and more time taking problems in the question paper and attempt the less time taking ones first as these are comparatively less complex.
- To improve accuracy go for such questions which are from topics which are your forte.
- Do try to avoid time pressure as it will hamper your performance.
- Do not spend more time on questions that are difficult no matter how versed you are in that particular topic.
3.4 Analyze Previous Year’s Question Papers
This is essential as this will make you acquainted with the pattern of questions. This will help you to prepare a better study plan and exam strategy.
3.5 Mock tests
Mock tests help the aspirants to know the level of the examination and the competition.
Candidates get to know the amount of preparation that is required.
So try taking mocks on a regular basis which will help you to check how well you are prepared.
Mock tests by Oliveboard will surely help you give a hands-on experience of the exam.
3.6 Attempt Strategy
Identify your strong areas in this section and prioritize the questions from these areas. Read every word in the question with maximum attention and consider all the possibilities while attempting any question.
Make sure that you are attempting the easier and less time taking questions first. Then go for complex, lengthy and difficult questions.
This will help you in scoring maximum marks within the given time.
As the exam is around the corner, try to implement these tips in your daily preparation and make sure that you will give your best. The strategy shared here will definitely help you to score 35+ marks in the IBPS RRB exam. All the best.
Want to boost your performance in the Mock test?
The answer is OliveBoard’s AI Coach!
What is Oliveboard’s AI Coach?
AI Coach is an AI-driven recommendation to help users increase their score by 45% (or by + 16). It gives complete feedback on mock attempts and test strategy followed. Also, it provides guidance around what to do next to improve score and accuracy.
Attempt Free IBPS RRB Mock Test to get the AI Coach experience.
Keep practicing and always choose the best for your preparation- Choose Oliveboard!
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Join SSC CHSL 2021 Crash Course for Complete Exam Practice
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test