Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has released the recruitment notification for appointment to the post of Assistant Engineers (A.E) – Civil/ Electrical /Structural /MEP & Assistant Architect (A.A).
It’s a great opportunity for the aspirants looking for a government job in the technical field. Here in this blog, LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment Notification 2020 we will provide you with everything in detail that will help you in preparing for the examination.
What will be covered in this Article?
- LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment Important Dates
- LIC Assistant Engineers Official Notification 2020
- How to Apply Online?
- LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment Vacancies Released
- Eligibility Criteria
- Selection Procedure
- Application Fee
- LIC AE Salary Structure
- LIC AE FAQs
- LIC AAO Specialist Recruitment 2020: Exam Postponed
- LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2020 – Important Dates
- LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2020 – Official Notification PDF
- How to Apply For LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2020?
- How many Vacancies Are Released For LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2020?
- What is the LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2020 Eligibility?
- What is the Selection Procedure For LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2020?
- LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2020 – Application Fee
- What is the Salary of a LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2020?
- LIC Assistant Recruitment 2020 – Preparation Tips
- LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment – Frequently Asked Questions
LIC AAO Specialist Recruitment 2020: Exam Postponed
The Preliminary Examination for the Recruitment of Asst Engineers/AA/ AAO (Specialist)- 2020 scheduled for 4th April,2020 is postponed till further instructions. Download Official Notification here
LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2020 – Important Dates
- Online Registration Start Date – 25 January 2020
- Online Registration End Date – 15 March 2020
- Prelims Call Letter – From 23 March 2020 to 04 April 2020
- Prelims Exam (tentative) – 4 April 2020
- Main Exam – to be updated soon…
LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2020 – Official Notification PDF
You can download the official notification by clicking on the link below:
How to Apply For LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2020?
Before applying online, you should be ready with/ for the following-
i. Scan your photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications.
ii. Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. LIC may send call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. In case you do not have a valid personal e-mail ID, you should create your new e-mail ID and mobile number before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED BEFORE REGISTRATION
(i) Keep your below documents scanned:
- photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm).
- signature (with black ink).
- left thumb impression (on white paper with black or blue ink).
- a handwritten declaration (on a white paper with black ink) (text is given below) ensuring that all these scanned documents adhere to the required specifications.
(ii) Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
(iii) The left thumb impression should be properly scanned and not smudged. (If a candidate is not having left thumb, he/she may use his/ her right thumb for applying.)
(iv) The text for the handwritten declaration is as follows – “I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
(v) The above-mentioned handwritten declaration has to be in the candidate’s handwriting and in English only. If it is written and uploaded by anybody else or in any other language, the application will be considered as invalid. (In the case of Visually Impaired candidates who cannot write they have to get the text of declaration typed and put their left-hand thumb impression below the typed declaration and upload the document as per specifications).
(vi) Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges.
How to Apply?
Step 1: Go to LIC’s website www.licindia.in and click on the ‘Careers’ to open the link “ Recruitment of AE/AA/AAO(Specialist).
Step 2: Choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details, and Email-id.
Step 3: Carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
Step 4: Name of Father/ Husband etc. should be entered correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
Step 5: Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
Step 6: You can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications and then can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
Step 7: Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
Step 8: Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
Step 9: Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
Step 10: Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Apply Online Link
How many Vacancies Are Released For LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2020?
The vacancies released are as follows:
|AE (Electrical, Mechanical – MEP Engineers)||0||0||1||1||1||3|
What is the LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2020 Eligibility?
The educational requirements for different LIC Assistant Engineers posts are as follows:
|AE (Civil)||B.Tech/B.E. (Civil) from an AICTE recognized Indian University/Institution.||Candidate should have a minimum of three years of working experience in the planning and execution of multi-storied building projects with all required infrastructure.|
|AE (Electrical)||B.Tech/B.E. (Electrical) from an AICTE recognized Indian University/Institution||Candidate should have a minimum of three years of working experience in the planning and execution of multi-storied building projects with all required infrastructure.|
|Assistant Architect||B. Arch. from a recognized Indian University/Institution. Candidate should be registered with the Council of Architecture.||Candidate should have a minimum of three years of experience in designing all types of buildings with allied services. Candidate should also be well versed with green building design requirements and the application of AutoCAD software and/or similar type software.|
|AE (MEP engineers)||B. Tech./ B.E. (Mechanical/ Electrical) from an AICTE recognized Indian University/Institution.||Candidate should have a minimum of three years of experience in the planning and execution of the Plumbing / Piping / HVAC system, Lift & Fire Fighting System, Electrical Sub-station in multi-storied buildings.|
|AE (Structural)||M. Tech / M.E. (Structural) from an AICTE recognized Indian University/ Institution.||Candidate should be well versed with the structural design of high rise buildings with the foundation system. He/she should be familiar with various standards of BIS pertaining to structural design and Foundation design and must be experienced in the handling of structural engineering software like ETABS, STAAD, etc. Candidates applying for the post must possess a minimum one-year hands-on experience in the area.|
LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2020 – Age Criteria
An applicant should not be below 21 years of age and not above 30 years of age calculated as per the date mentioned in the notification.
Certain age relaxation is also provided by the bank to certain categories of applicants.
- Minimum Age – 21 years completed as on 01-Feb-2020
- Maximum Age – 30 years
(candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.02.1990 and not later than 01.02.1999 both days inclusive only are eligible )
What is the Selection Procedure For LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2020?
LIC Assistant Recruitment 2020 Exam Pattern
Selection of Assistant Engineers will be done through a three-tiered process i.e prelims, mains and interview, and subsequent Pre-recruitment Medical examination.
LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment Preliminary Exam Pattern
Preliminary Examination consisting of the objective test will be conducted online. The test will have three sections (with separate timings for each section) as follows:
|Section||Name of the tests||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|2||English Language with special emphasis on grammar, vocabulary, and comprehension||30||30**|
LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment Mains Exam Pattern
The main examination will consist of objective tests for 300 marks and descriptive test for 25 marks. Both the objective and descriptive tests will be online. The objective test will have separate timing for every section. Candidates will have to answer the Descriptive test by typing on the computer. Descriptive Test will be administered immediately after the completion of the objective test.
|Section||Name of the tests||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability||30||90||2 hours|
|2||General Knowledge, Current Affairs||30||60|
|4||Insurance and Financial Market Awareness||30||60|
|5||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25**||30 min|
- ** Descriptive test of English Language etc. will be of qualifying nature and the marks in the English Language
will not be counted for ranking.
- Minimum qualifying marks and medium of examination will be shared separately.
LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment Interview
This is phase 3 of the recruitment process. Marks obtained in the Main Examination only will be considered for shortlisting for interview.
Marks obtained in the Main examination plus marks obtained in the interview will be considered for final merit listing.
Note: Pre-Recruitment Medical Examination:
Shortlisted candidates in the final merit list will have to undergo Pre-Recruitment Medical Examination and if found medically fit, will be offered an appointment.
LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2020 – Application Fee
- For SC/ST/ PwBD candidates Intimation Charges of Rs. 85/- +Transaction Charges + GST
- For all other candidates Application Fee-cum-Intimation Charges of Rs. 700/- + Transaction Charges + GST
What is the Salary of a LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2020?
In-hand Gross Salary
Basic pay of Rs. 32795/- per month in the scale of Rs. 32795- 1610(14) –55335– 1745(4) –62315 and other admissible allowances as per rules. Total emoluments at the minimum of the scale inclusive of House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, etc wherever admissible depending upon the classification of the city will be approximately Rs 57,000/– per month in ‘A’ Class city.
*A candidate after appointment shall be on probation for a period of one year from the date of joining. This period may be extended up to two years.
LIC Assistant Engineers Benefits & Perks
Other benefits are Defined Contributory Pension, Gratuity, LTC, Cash Medical Benefit, Group Mediclaim, Group Personal Accident Insurance, Group Insurance, Vehicle Loan (2-wheeler/4 wheeler) as per rules, meal coupon, reimbursement of cost of Briefcase/leather bags, mobile handset, supply of dailies and magazines and tea/coffee, mobile expenses, etc.as per rules.
Start your preparations right away. Take a free mock test to analyze your performance.
LIC Assistant Recruitment 2020 – Preparation Tips
- Start your preparation right away to stay ahead in the competition. What about starting your preparation with a free mock test? Take A Free Mock test
- Focus on the areas you are weaker at and practice as much as you can by taking a free sectional test.
- For English section focus on grammar and vocabulary. Practice reading comprehension here.
- Making a habit of reading newspapers daily and while reading if you come across new words note it down and find meaning, synonym, antonym and revise regularly.
- Quantitative Aptitude can be mastered through thorough practice.
- Start your quant preparation with the section that you could not attempt during the free mock test.
- Practice Practice Practice! Practice as much as you can.
- Take Free topic tests from Oliveboard and practice questions daily.
- While starting the preparation of reasoning focus on understanding the basics of various types of questions. Practice different types here.
- Give more time and practice for comparatively difficult topics.
- Practice Mock Tests on a regular basis to strengthen your base.
LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment – Frequently Asked Questions
Q1) Is the LIC Assistant Engineers Exam Bilingual?
Answer: Except for the Descriptive Test for the English Language in the LIC Assistant Engineers mains Exam, all the other tests are bilingual, i.e. available in both English and Hindi.
Q2) Does LIC AE have an interview?
Answer: Yes, interviews will be conducted for the recruitment of AE for the candidates clearing the mains exam.
Q3) Can I crack the LIC AE exam in the first attempt?
Q4) Does the LIC AE exam have negative marking?
Answer: There is no negative marking in the LIC AE prelims exam.
This is all we have brought for you in this blog, LIC Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2020. We have covered everything important for you in this blog. Stay tuned with Oliveboard for more exam related information.
- Prepare for RBI Assistant 2019 Exam with Mock Tests & Live Classes Here
- SSC CGL Brahamstra – Join Practice-based Online Tuition for SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam
- Attempt a Free IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test here
- SSC CHSL 2019 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test