LIC (Life Insurance Corporation) has released the notification for the recruitment of Assistant 2019. LIC declared the notification through its official website for 7500+ vacancies. These vacancies are bifurcated region-wise. LIC is a state-owned insurance group and investment company headquartered in Mumbai. It is one of the most prominent Insurance firm in India. Many aspirants aspire to work for this elite firm; and now with the notification out, it is high time to enhance your preparations. This blog will give you details about LIC Assistant Exam Preparation 2019.
LIC Assistant Exam Preparation- Course Pattern
LIC Assistant Exam Preparation- Prelims
|S. No.||Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||English Language / Hindi Language||30||30||20 minutes|
*English / Hindi Langauge Paper will be of qualifying nature only and marks scored in this section would not be considered.
LIC Assistant Exam Preparation- Mains
|Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Duration|
||50||50||English & Hindi||18||20||35 minutes|
|General English||40||40||English||14||16||35 minutes|
||50||50||English & Hindi||18||20||40 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
||60||60||English & Hindi||22||24||40 minutes|
|Total||200||200||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
*1/4 Negative Marking
LIC Assistant Exam Preparation- Syllabus
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness||English Language|
|Statement based Questions,||Data Interpretation,||Current Affairs,||Reading Comprehension,|
|Syllogism,||Time and Work,||National and International Matters,||Sentence Arrangement,|
|Seating Arrangement,||Speed, Distance and Time,||Currency and Capital,||Cloze Test,|
|Coding-Decoding,||Number Series,||Awards and Honors,||Error Spotting,|
|Alpha-Numeric Sequence,||Approximation,||General History, Geography,||Sentence Improvement,|
|Puzzles,||Simple Interest and Compound Interest,||Biology and Applied Science||Synonyms-Antonyms,|
|Seating Arrangement,||Profit and Loss,||Phrases,|
|Blood Relation,||Average,||Elementary Grammar|
|Analogy,||Mixture and Allegations|
|Odd One Out|
LIC Assistant Preparation Strategy 2019
Things To Follow-
Selecting the Region to appear from– Do thorough research before filling out the form for any region. Check the eligibility criteria before applying. Exam pattern is also different for certain regions.
Know The Exam- The first thing to keep in mind before starting preparation for any exam is knowing the exam. Go through the complete pattern of the exam and time allotment to each section. Please note that pattern differs region-wise so do follow the pattern for the region for which you are appearing.
Setup Study Plan– Time allotment is very important when it comes to preparing for any exam. Prepare a list of topics that haunt you and allot maximum time to those. In this race do not forget to check the concepts you are familiar with once in a while. Allot a separate time for the revision of topics that you have good command over. Overall study should include all the topics with their specific time allotments and a certain period for revision.
Mock Test– It is one of the best ways to get self-prepared for the exam. Mocks give you a real-time view of the actual paper. Plan your study after taking the mock. This will help you in analyzing sections that require more effort and concentration. Mocks also helps a lot in time management. How to analyze yourself during the course preparation? Mock is the best solution to your question. Let Oliveboard help you with the Mock test here
Revision– One of the very important things during preparations is, keep memorizing the tricks and patterns that you have already familiarised yourself with. Lack of revision often tends to candidates forgetting the formulas and tricks to the questions. So keep yourself in regular touch of the concepts that you have learned.
Time Management- Prepare yourself with strict timelines to finish the course and tests. This technique will help you bound the time limit for every section and overall exam. Remember clearing the sectional cut off and the overall cut off is your goal. Also there is negative marking for every wrong answer. You need to be sure when marking an answer, this will increase your chances of clearing the exam. Do not stress habits usually takes time.
LIC Assistant Exam Preparation- Section Wise Tricks
- Follow questions of all Pattern from books, video lectures, live lectures.
- Practice questions with minimum timeframe.
- Explore the previous year’s paper for getting an idea of the type of questions
- Try and apply shortcut tricks to solve the questions. This will help you in solving the questions with efficiency.
- Applications of shortcut tricks will help you in saving time and perform better.
- Figure out the chapters that troubles you and invest more time in the preparation for that chapter.
- Follow books and video lectures for better understanding.
- This section requires you to be in constant touch with the daily updates of the world happenings.
- Try to follow regular news and blogs for the latest updates.
- You can refer to ebooks for Static GK.
- Make a note of the important and relevant updates for the day as a handbook which you can use later for a quick revision
- Build up a habit of reading a newspaper, this will help you in improving reading and will also update you with the latest news.
- Try to solve different types of questions in the mock tests.
- Analyze daily newspaper to enhance your understanding.
- Focus very much on the Cloze test section.
This is all from us in our blog for LIC assistant exam preparation. For more updates related to the LIC Assistant exam, Please stay tuned to Oliveboard. Take LIC Assistant Mock test here to help analyze your preparations.
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now