The Staff Selection Commission has notified of SSC CPO 2019 Notification and will hold an Open Competitive Computer Based Examination for SSC CPO Recruitment 2019 of Sub-Inspector (SI) in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs). For more details like Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Vacancies etc, read the blog till the end.
SSC CPO 2019 Notification – Online Application & Exam Dates
|Submission of online applications||17-09-2019 to 16-10-2019|
|Last date for receipt of applications||16-10-2019 (17:00)|
|Last date for making online fee payment||18-10-2019 (17:00)|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan||18-10-2019 (17-00)|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)||19-10-2019|
|Date of Computer Based Examination (Paper-I)||11-12-2019 to 13-12-2019|
|Date of Paper-II||To be notified later|
SSC CPO 2019 Notification – Number of Vacancies
Vacancies will be determined in due course. Updated vacancy position will be uploaded on the website of the Commission from time to time (https://ssc.nic.in >Candidate‟s Corner > Tentative Vacancy).
SSC CPO 2019 Notification – Eligibility Criteria
Age limit of the candidates should be from 20 to 25 years as on 01.01.2020.
2. Educational qualifications (as on 01-01-2020)
Educational Qualification for all posts is a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police only: Male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Measurement Tests. However, the candidates who do not have a Valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) are eligible for all other posts in CAPFs.
SSC CPO 2019 Notification – Exam Pattern
Scheme of Examination
The examination will consist of
2. Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET),
3. Paper-II and
4. Medical Examination (DME).
All these stages of the examination are mandatory. Details of these Papers/ Tests are as follows:
|Date of Examination||Part||Subject||Number of Questions/ Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|I||General Intelligence &
|II||General Knowledge & General Awareness||50/ 50|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude||50/ 50|
|IV||English Comprehension||50/ 50|
|Date of Examination||Subject||Number of Questions/ Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|(Will be intimated in due course)||English language & Comprehension||200/ 200||2 Hours|
- Questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice. Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts-I, II and III of Paper-I.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I & Paper-II.
- Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
SSC CPO 2019 Notification – Selection Procedure
- On the basis of their performance in Paper-I, candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in PET/ PST Examination. The Commission shall have the discretion to fix different minimum qualifying marks in each part of Paper-I taking into consideration among others, category-wise vacancies and category-wise number of candidates.
- PET/ PST are mandatory but qualifying in nature. Ex-Servicemen are not required to undergo PET.
- Only those candidates who qualified in PET/ PST will be allowed to appear in Paper-II Examination.
- Minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I and Paper-II are as follows: UR: 30%; OBC/ EWS: 25%; All other categories: 20%.
- On the basis of their performance in Paper-I+Paper-II, candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in Medical Examination. Candidates, who are successful in Medical Examination, will be called for detailed Document Verification.
- All shortlisted candidates are required to come for Document Verification. Those failing to do so will not be considered for final selection.
- Candidates are required to submit all documents in original for verification at the time of Document Verification.
Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET)
1. Physical Standard Test (for all Posts)
|Sr. No.||Category of candidates||Height (in cm)||Chest (in cm)|
|(i)||For male candidates only (UR)||170||80||85|
|(ii)||For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim.||165||80||85|
|(iii)||For all candidates belonging to
|(iv)||For Female candidates only (UR)||157||–||–|
|(v)||For female candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||–||–|
|(vi)||For all female candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||154||–||–|
2. Weight – Corresponding to height (for all posts).
Physical Endurance Test (PET) (For all posts)
1. For male candidates only:
- 100-metre race in 16 seconds
- 6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metres in 3 chance
2. For female candidates only
- 100-metre race in 18 seconds 18.104.22.168.2.
- 800-metre race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metres in 3
- There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for Female candidates.
- Relaxation in height and chest (as the case may be) as mentioned above will be permissible only on production of certificate in the Performa as prescribed in Annexure-IX from the competent authorities of the District where they ordinarily reside(s).
- The relaxation in physical standards (height/ chest) once granted at the time of initial appointment in Delhi Police will hold good till the individual concerned remains in Delhi Police.
Medical standard (For all Posts)
1. Medical Examination
- All the candidates who qualify in Paper-II will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary.
- Candidates, who are found to be unfit, will be informed of the position and they can make an appeal before Review Medical Board within the prescribed time limit of 15 days.
- Decision of Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be final and no appeal/ representation against the decision of the Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be entertained.
- The minimum near vision should be N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye). The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye) of both eyes without any correction like wearing glasses or surgery of any kind to improve visual acuity. In right-handed person, the right eye is better eye and vice versa.
3. The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision.
4. They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
5. Finally selected candidates for the posts of Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspector would, as part of training curriculum, have to pass seven obstacle events as mentioned below, failing which they may not be retained in the Force:
- Jumping over the Vertical Board
- Holding the rope on jumping from the Board
- Tarzan Swing
- Jumping on the Horizontal Board
- Parallel Rope.
- Monkey Crawl
6. Tattoo: Tattoos will be allowed as per the following stipulations only:
- Content: Tattoo depicting religious symbol or figures and the name, as followed in Indian Army are permitted.
- Location: Tattoos marked on traditional sites of the body like inner aspect of forearm but only left forearm, being non-saluting limb or dorsum of the hands will be allowed.
- Size: Size must be less than ¼ of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body.
SSC CPO 2019 Notification – Preference for Posts
During Document Verification, candidates shall be required to indicate the posts/ Force for which they would like to be considered, in the order of preference. The detail of various posts are as follows:
- Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police (A)
- Sub-Inspector in Border Security Force (B)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (C)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Reserve Police Force (D)
- Sub-Inspector in Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (E)
- Sub-Inspector in Sashastra Seema Bal (F)
- Assistant Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (G)
SSC CPO 2019 Notification – Application Fee
- Fee payable: Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only).
- Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa MasterCard, Maestro RuPay Credit, or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branch by generating SBI Challan.
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from paying fee.
SSC CPO 2019 Notification – Post & Salary
The details of the posts are as under:
- Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs: The post carries pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35,400-1,12,400/-) and is classified as Group “B” (Non-Gazetted), Non-Ministerial.
- Sub Inspector (Executive) – (Male/ Female) in Delhi Police: The post carries pay scale of Leve-6 (Rs.35,400-1,12,400/-) and is classified as Group “C” (Non-Gazetted) by Delhi Police.
SSC CPO 2019 Notification – Detailed Notification PDF
SSC CPO 2019 Notification- Apply Online