NABARD Development Assistant exam is conducted for selection into one of the Elite Institutes in India. Candidates eagerly wait for the opportunity to enter this high performing institute and now that the notification for the position of NABARD Development Assistant is out, it is high time to assess the preparation and give all it takes to get the opportunity to work with NABARD. The pattern for this exam is similar to many other bank exams but the content differs as there are some specific topics that are focussed on in this exam like Agricultural, rural development, banking, etc. In this blog, I will take you through the exam pattern and the NABARD Exam Preparation Strategy to tame this exam and perform beyond the PAR.
NABARD Development Assistant Exam is segregated into 2 sections Prelims and Mains. Both the Exams have a different pattern and different approach. Let’s understand a bit about the pattern and time allocation for the exams.
NABARD Exam Preparation Strategy-Pattern
|S.No||Syllabus||No of Questions||Duration|
|1||English Language||40||60 mins combined|
|1||Reasoning||30||60 mins for objective and 30 mins for descriptive sections|
|5||Test In English Language (Descriptive)||50|
Both the exams are conducted in online mode with a defined cut off. Candidate needs to clear every step in order to appear for the next level. In Mains, all the sections except the English section are provided in a bilingual form that is in both Hindi and English language thus facilitating the understanding to a larger mass. Candidates are assessed on the basis of performance in the Main’s exam for Final selection.
NABARD Exam Preparation Strategy- Development Assistant Post:
Things to keep in mind:
- Know your exam– Prior to preparing for the exams knowing the exam is the key. It helps you plan your study and move forward accordingly. Every exam follows a different approach and thus requires thorough research on the NABARD exam preparation strategy and thus do not any kind of preemptive thoughts regarding the pattern.
- Counsel your current Preparation Level– Getting to know where you stand before starting to prepare for the test is very helpful in analyzing the topics that need more effort. There are always a few sections which require less effort than the others or sometimes there are sections where you are already good. Self-understanding helps you plan better.
- Time management– Prepare a plan for self considering all the sections and devote time accordingly. This technique will be instrumental when it comes to preparing for the exams section wise. Prepare a checklist of the topics you need to cover within the defined timeline. Give priority to the sections that you do not feel comfortable with.
- Mock Tests– Getting a real-time exposure of the exam is always fruitful as it helps you understand the key factors required for the exams and what can be a better way than taking up the mock test. Mock tests will help you analyze better your performance, areas of improvement, difficult sections and the time invested. One can also refer to the previous year’s papers to get a good understanding of NABARD Exam Preparation strategy.
- Accuracy- It is the key factor to ace any exam. It is very important to score high while maintaining good accuracy as it helps you get past when put in throat cut competitions.
- Revision– Revise all the concepts regularly to be in touch with all the formulas and tricks that you have memorized over time.
Apart from the Preparation strategy overall one very important thing is getting yourself ready Section wise. Every section in NABARD Development Assistant exam has a different level from other bank exams. Few of them are highly specific to a particular field like Agricultural, banking, finance, etc. NABARD Exam Preparation Strategy is broadly discussed further in the blog.
NABARD Exam preparation strategy:- Section Wise
- English language– Reading is a habit which is built over the years with continuous effort and it cannot be inherited in a single day but as someone said: “It is never too late to start if you wish to reach somewhere”. Do try to read the newspaper on a daily basis for the starters and analyze the news that you read. This will help you in summarising at a faster rate. Go through the previous year’s paper to understand the pattern of the question asked.
- Numerical ability– Start with the topics that haunt you. Prioritize with the ones that you face most trouble in. Practice and Practice different types of questions to get yourself acquainted with types of question. Refer to video lectures or offline books for more clarity on the topics. Mock tests, as usual, will be a highly suggested option.
- Reasoning Ability– This section will need you to be quick and responsive when it comes to solving it under a defined timeline. Types of questions here differ from other bank exams. Do prepare a plan of study for all the topics while keeping in mind to invest more time over the topics that create more fuss for you.
- General Awareness– GK will be highly specific to Agricultural, rural, development and banking. You can follow up on the General awareness of the last 6 months. Static GK can be prepared by going online and reading up free ebooks, video lectures, etc. Do pin on banking and finance-related updates in the past few months.
- Computer Knowledge– This section is specific to computer hardware, software, database management etc for the questions. You can refer to basic question asked in the past year papers to grasp an idea for the section and types of questions that you will encounter.
Apart from these sections, there is a Descriptive section that requires you to write an essay, letter, report or English descriptive notes. Prepare few good topics from recent times that focus on Banking, agricultural, finance and its impact on our economy. Reading all sorts of news update will also help you in gaining an understanding.
This is all for today’s blog, we have tried to cover all the important techniques that one must follow in order to get yourself prepared for the NABARD Development Assistant Exams. Stay tuned to Oliveboard page for more updates regarding the NABARD Exam preparation strategy.
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course + 30 Full length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test