With just 10 days to go for the NIACL AO 2018-19 Mains Examination scheduled to be held on 2nd March 2019, it is high time that you start your NIACL AO Mains revision process. Aspirants often fail to get the desired results just because of the reason that they are not able to carry out revision properly. Without proper and efficient revision strategy, the entire study effort goes in vain as many a times students are not able to recollect in the examination what they studied earlier. Sometimes the inability to recollect even a small formula in the examination can cost you adversely. In order to remain stress-free during the exam, enough time must be allocated for revision of already learned portions whether it is Quants formula or rules of English Grammar. Therefore it is very important that you chalk out a proper NIACL AO phase II revision strategy a few days before the exam so that the chances of clearing the mains phase are sure shot.
Let us first look at the NIACL AO Mains Exam Pattern so that we can design a perfect plan for revision.
Objective Test For Generalists -:
|Subject||No. of Ques. / Max Marks||Time||Medium||Type|
|Test of English Language||50||120 Mins||English||Objective|
|Test of Reasoning||50||English & Hindi||Objective|
|Test of General Awareness||50||English & Hindi||Objective|
|Test of Quantitative Aptitude||50||English & Hindi||Objective|
(ii) Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 30 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing-10 marks & Essay-20 marks). The descriptive test will be in English and will be conducted through online mode.
NIACL AO Phase II Revision Strategy
NIACL AO Phase II Revision Strategy – English Language
- The best way to revise English Section is to revise the Mock Tests that you already took. Revise each and every question of the Mock Test as well as try to understand the solutions part of it. This activity will help you go through the type of questions asked in the Main Examination and the solution part of the English Mock Test will help you know as to how to go about a particular question while solving it.
- Revise the basic important grammar rules.
- Practice 2-3 Reading comprehension daily for first 7 days because RCs form a very important part of the English section.
- If you find yourself weak in this section, you still have time, take English Sectional Tests with utmost sincerity and then after the test do analyse the complete test religiously and try to understand as to how to solve a particular question. This will definitely help you improve in the English section.
- Last but not the least, not only for this particular Exam, but for Banking and Government Exams in general, develop a habit of reading. Start reading a standard English newspaper say The Hindu and particularly the Editorial sections of the Hindu. It will help you immensely in enhancing your English comprehension skills as well as will increase you vocabulary to a great extent.
NIACL AO Phase II Revision Strategy – Reasoning
- Thorough practice is needed of each type of question in this section. Practice as many mocks and sectional tests as you can for reasoning ability section.
- You should practice 2-3 high level puzzles and seating arrangement questions daily so that you are in habit of solving such questions in these ten days.
- If you are unable to solve any particular type of questions, Topic Tests are there for you. It will help you make a firm grip in any topic and the solutions part gives you the idea as to how to go about a particular topic.
- Do not forget to analyse each of the mock test that you take. Mock Tests will help you practice a wide variety of questions and then analytics part aid you in knowing your weak and strong areas and improve thereupon.
NIACL AO Phase II Revision Strategy – Quantitative Aptitude
- In the section of Quantitative Aptitude, there is no substitute for practice. It is all about of practicing a wide variety and huge number of questions. Practicing helps you increase your speed of solving a particular questions. Practicing a number of questions daily helps you improve your accuracy as well.
- You are advised to mug up the basic formula from the frequently asked topics in Banking Exams such as Percentages, Profit and Loss, Simple and Compound Interest, Ratio and Proportion, Mensuration and Geometry. If these formula are on your fingertips, then it would be very easy to solve the questions asked in the exam.
- In these remaining 10 days, practice 2-3 Data Interpretation questions daily so that you are in a habit of solving the DI questions in a time-bound manner.
- You are advised to give Sectional and Topic tests for the topics that you find yourself weak in.
- Solve previous years question paper if time permits.
NIACL AO Phase II Revision Strategy – General Awareness
- Revise Current Affairs of atleast past six months so that you are in a position to answer the questions asked from these months and not lose out on any marks. You can revise these from the Monthly Current Affairs Bolt.
- For static GA and Insurance awareness, you can revise it from the free downloadable Ebooks.
NIACL AO Phase II Revision Strategy – Descriptive Paper
You should write essays and letters for Descriptive writing and get it checked by your peers.
You can also read: NIACL AO Descriptive Writing – Topics for Essay
Importance of taking Full Length Mock Tests.
Giving Mock tests lets you solve questions in a time bound atmosphere and this will get you a great deal ahead also as it will give you the mirror as to where you stand in comparison to other aspirants.
Do not forget to analyse the mocks after taking them. It will help you understand your weak and strong areas as well as enhance your knowledge with respect to different questions.
This was all from us in this blog of NIACL AO Phase II Revision Strategy. We hope that you like it and be able to execute the strategy given above. Stay tuned to Oliveboard for more such Exam specific and other informative blogs.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- Prepare for RBI Assistant 2019 Exam with Mock Tests & Live Classes Here
- SSC CGL Brahamstra – Join Practice-based Online Tuition for SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam
- Attempt a Free IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test here
- SSC CHSL 2019 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test