The ESIC SSO recruitment notification was out sometime back. We have previously shared preparation strategy for Quantitative Aptitude and English. Today, we are going to help you with tips to prepare Reasoning for ESIC SSO 2018. Let’s glance through the exam pattern first.
ESIC SSO Recruitment 2018 – Preliminary Exam Pattern
Name of Test
|No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration||Language|
|English Language||30||30||20 Minutes||English|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 Minutes||English & Hindi|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes||English & Hindi|
How to prepare Reasoning for ESIC SSO 2018
Know the ESIC SSO Syllabus for Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
- Circular Seating Arrangement
- Linear Seating Arrangement
- Double Line-up
- Input Output
- Blood Relations
- Directions and Distances
- Ordering and Ranking
- Data Sufficiency
- Coding and Decoding
- Coded Inequalities
Understand the Concepts
One of the most important aspects of exam preparation is having crystal clear concepts. Having strong basics helps you crack the toughest of all questions and thus score better. The best way to build your basics is to watch video lessons. These are better alternatives as video lessons are interactive, you can learn at your own pace and you can always watch these lessons again and again.
To watch 200+ more learning videos, click here.
Practice Tests of Varied Difficulty Levels
Practice tests of varied difficulty levels so that you can improve at every stage. Take topic tests from Oliveboard. These tests come in 3 difficulty levels, namely: Level 1 (easy), Level 2 (moderate), Level 3 (difficult). Take these tests to establish your proficiency in a particular topic. Learn the basics and then gradually move from easy to higher difficulty questions.
Practice Sectional & Full-Length Mock Tests
Sectional tests are provided to you for English, Quant, and Reasoning. Use these tests to build on your sectional strategies. This will help you focus on each section and think of it as one paper. Fine tune your strengths, identify your weaknesses and work on them. Also, take the full-length mock tests to give yourself a feel of the exam. Ideally, one full mock must be attempted before you begin your preparation, as this helps you see where you stand and where you need to reach. Think of this as a diagnostic test. As you progress in your preparation, these mock tests should be equally divided during the complete duration.
Mock Test Analysis
It is very important that you analyse all your mock attempt, identify weak areas and fix them. In competitive exams, it is important to be at the top of all topics. So, even if you find a few areas difficult, try to practice more and improve them.
Tips to Ace Reasoning in ESIC SSO 2018
- Understanding the question is the first step in solving Syllogism questions, so read the question multiple times to ensure that you have understood all the aspects of the question. Once you have understood the question, you can easily eliminate the incorrect options and solve the question.
- To Solve Seating Arrangement questions, make use of diagrams. For linear arrangements, draw a line then mark positions on it, for circular arrangement draw a circle and a rectangle for the rectangular arrangement problems. Diagrams give you a clear picture of seating positions and would save you a lot of time in solving these questions.
- For Solving Coding decoding problems, write down all the alphabets from A to Z and then Z to A one below the other. Also, number them. it would help you identify the coding pattern quickly, which in turn will assist with decoding the pattern and arriving at an answer.
These were few tips to ace Reasoning in ESIC SSO 2018. Apart from these, make sure that you practice number of tests, analyse each attempt and keep enough time for Revision before the exam.
Hope these tips help. All the best!
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course + 30 Full length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test