Social Security Officers (SSOs)/Manager Grade-II/Superintendent posts were advertised recently by ESIC for 93 vacancies. ESIC SSO Prelims exam can be held anytime in 2022. It is possible to pass this test with the right preparation strategy. Here’s how you can ace your Quant section for ESIC SSO exam with this article’s Quantitative Aptitude Preparation For ESIC SSO.
Before moving on to the How To Prepare Quantitative Aptitude Section For ESIC SSO exam let’s have a look at the ESIC SSO Exam Pattern
Table of Contents
- ESIC SSO Prelims Exam Pattern
- Quantitative Aptitude Preparation For ESIC SSO 2022
- Free e-Books
ESIC SSO Prelims Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
Note:- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. Phase I is qualifying in nature and marks will not be reckoned for final merit.
As we are familiar with the exam pattern. Let us have a look at the previous quantitative aptitude exam analysis for ESIC SSO exam. The ESIC SSO exam was conducted in 2018 in 2 different shifts and the difficulty level was moderate for both the shifts. The exma analysis for quant section is as follows:
Quantitative Aptitude Exam Analysis For Shift 1 Conducted On 3 Nov 2018
35 Questions; 35 Marks; 20 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Bar Graph DI – 5 Q
- Line Graph – 5 Q
- Venn Diagram – 5 Q
- Simplification – 5 Q
- Quadratic – 5 Q
- Wrong Number series – 5 Q
- Miscellaneous: 5 Q
Quantitative Aptitude Exam Analysis For Shift 2 Conducted On 3 Nov 2018
35 Questions; 35 Marks; 20 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Data Interpretation: 17 Q
- Approximation: 5 Q
- Missing Number Series: 5 Q
- Miscellaneous: 3 Q
Quantitative Aptitude Preparation For ESIC SSO 2022
Understanding concepts such as percentages and averages, time and work, profit and loss, etc., is necessary. You will need good calculation speed in order to attempt a reasonable number of questions. For this, you should memorize multiplication tables up to 30 as well as squares and cubes of natural numbers. Then practice quadratic equations, number series, and simplification to improve your calculation speed. Another significant aspect of the Quantitative Aptitude section is Data Interpretation. This course requires you to interpret data (presented in the form of tables, graphs, pie charts, or paragraphs) and answer the questions accordingly. Start from basics and gradually move on to high level DI, to build up proficiency in this section.
Quantitative Aptitude for ESIC SSO 2022 – Preparation Tips
While it is important to learn all the concepts across all the topics of ESIC SSO Prelims Quantitative Aptitude, it is equally important to learn them in an order. Most quant topics are interdependent, meaning, you need to know concepts of one topic to understand or solve another.
- Start with Basics: Brush up you high school math concepts using NCERT textbooks (8th to 10thgrade).
- Improve your Calculation Speed: Learn tables up to 20 and square roots up to 30 and cube roots up to 20. Also, follow and practice the one-liner approach for quicker addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Mock Tests: Practice tests including questions of varying difficulty levels to prepare you for any kind of question in the exam. Also, always analyse your mock attempt, identify the weak areas and fix them.
Best Books of Quantitative Aptitude for ESIC SSO 2022
- R S Agarwal – Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive exams (No. 1 book for any exam)
- Kiran Publication’s Quantitative Aptitude Chapter-wise Solved Papers
- Arun Sharma’s book – How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT
ESIC SSO Previous Year Quant Practice Questions
Directions: read the problem statements give below and choose the answer that best fits as a solution.
1) A & B invested RS 2000 & RS 5000. So if there is a profit of RS 28000 what is A’s share if they share the profits in the ratio 2:5?
2) If apples are bought at 11 for RS 10 & sold at 10 for RS 11, how much will be the gain %?
3) Viral can do a piece of work in 10 days & Raja in 15days. If both of them work together how long will it take to finish the work?
Directions: Each of the questions below is followed by two statements, labeled (1) and (2), in which certain data are given. In these questions you do not actually have to compute an answer, but rather you have to decide whether the data given in the statements are sufficient for answering the questions. Using the data given in the statements plus your knowledge of mathematics and everyday facts (such as the number of days in a month),
you are to blacken the box on the answer sheet under:
A. If statements (1) ALONE is sufficient but Statement (2) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
B. If statement (2) ALONE is sufficient but statement (1) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
C. If BOTH statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but NIETHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
D. If EACH statement is sufficient by itself to answer the question asked.
E. If statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question asked and additional data specific to the problem are needed.
- How much did Seema weigh before she started dieting?
a. She now weighs 63 kilos
b. Seema lost 9 kilos
- If x and y are numbers, which weighs more: x blue marbles or y red marbles?
a. x = 5 y
b. Red marbles weigh 1 gram each
- Are there more than 200 pages in the book?
a. John reads at 7 pages an hour
b. There are 500 pictures in the book with at least one picture per page
This is all from us in this blog, Quantitative Aptitude Preparation For ESIC SSO. Stay tuned with Oliveboard for more exam related information.
Download 200+ Free eBooks important for different government exams here or Oliveboard Online Exam Prep App for easy access to all our learning resources.
Oliveboard Bolt Series E-books
- Oliveboard Bolt – General Awareness
- Bolt – Monthly Current Affairs PDF
- Banking Bolt – Free E-book for Banking Awareness
- Economy Bolt – Free E-book for Economy