The Reserve bank of India is one of the most prestigious organizations of the country. Every year RBI carries out direct recruitment of eligible candidates through an online examination. There are several perks and benefits of working in this sector, which is why most people prefer to go for Govt. jobs. Moreover, a lucrative pay scale attracts thousands and lakhs of students each year.
This blog post will give the candidates an insight into the work culture, career growth opportunities and job profile in this sector.
- RBI Grade B Officer Posting: Job profile
- RBI Grade B Officer: Salary and Payscale
- RBI Grade B Officer: Job posting/location
- RBI Grade B Officer: Work culture
- RBI Grade B Officer: Career growth and promotional opportunities
- Free RBI Grade B Study Material 2020
- Study material for RBI Grade B 2020
RBI Grade B Officer Posting: Job profile
Candidates who successfully pass all three phases of the examination (Prelims, Mains and Interview) are required to undergo training for the first 15 weeks. After the training period, the employees will be on a 2-year probation period (can extend up to 4 years). During this time, employees are allotted in various departments. The duties and responsibilities of an RBI Officer involve-
- Issuing and circulating currency to the nationalised banks
- Ensuring the smooth functioning of the financial markets
- Managing Central and Govt. bank accounts
RBI Grade B Officer: Salary and Payscale
- At present, the pay scale for RBI Grade-B Officer is 35150-1750(9)-50900-EB-1750(2)-54400-2000(4)-62400
- In-hand Salary: Rs.35,150 per month
- Gross total amount: 67,000 per month
RBI officers are also entitled to receive numerous benefits and allowances including House Rent Allowances, Dearness Allowance, Family Allowance, and Medical Allowance worth Rs.4500, Festival Allowances, Monthly Maid Allowance etc.
RBI Grade B Officer: Job posting/location
The RBI Central office/headquarter is located in Mumbai. Besides, there are 31 Regional offices of RBI all across the country. Most of these offices are situated in metro cities or at least big cities- Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Nagpur, Ahmedabad and others. RBI Officers usually get postings in any of these cities.
After the initial 4-5 years, employees are transferred to other locations, based on office requirement. RBI Officers are also provided accommodation and other facilities such as a 2-BHK apartment and reimbursement of vehicle expenses.
RBI Grade B Officer: Work culture
RBI has fixed working hours. The office hours are typically between 9 am and 5 pm. The weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) are off. On top of that, RBI employees are sanctioned holidays. In short, employees get to reap the benefits of a great work-life balance.
RBI Grade B Officer: Career growth and promotional opportunities
RBI offers its employees several opportunities for extensive career growth. The positions/levels in this sector are hierarchically structured. A Grade-B Officer can get promoted up to the level of Deputy Governor, which is the second-highest in rank after the Governor of RBI. RBI administers Departmental exams to speed up the procedure of promotion. Having worked as an RBI Officer, you also stand a chance to be associated with the prestigious World Bank, and the International Monetary Fund.
To sum it up, RBI Grade-B posting is one of the most sought-after positions to apply for. But to achieve your dream job, you must prepare yourself for the national level examination.
Gear up for the upcoming RBI Grade B 2018 exams by appearing for online mock tests.
Free RBI Grade B Study Material 2020
Download PDF eBooks Here.
- RBI Grade B January 2020 GA
- Leadership Theories
- National Income Accounting
- Basics of Finance
- Basics of Economics
- Basics of Bonds
- Time Value of Money (TVM)
- Balance of Payments (BoP)
- Financial/Accounting Ratios
- Basics of Derivatives
- Introduction to Financial/Securities Markets
- Prompt Corrective Action Framework (PCA)
- Alternate Sources of Finance
- Banking Regulations & Basel Accords
- Credit Rating Agencies in India
Study material for RBI Grade B 2020
If you are an RBI Grade B aspirant and also a working professional and find it difficult to find enough time for your RBI Grade B Preparations, do not worry at all.
Oliveboard has come up with RBI Grade B Online Cracker Course for RBI Grade B 2020 Exam. Oliveboard’s RBI Grade B Online Course 2020 will be your one-stop destination for all your preparation needs
What all the course offers you:
1. Course Details
RBI Grade B Cracker is designed to cover the complete syllabus for the 3 most important subjects: GA for Phase 1 and ESI + F&M for Phase 2 exam. Not just that, it also includes Mock Tests & Live Strategy Sessions for English, Quant & Reasoning for Phase 1. The course aims to complete your preparation in time for the release of the official notification.
|Phase I||Phase II|
1.2. How to enrol for the RBI Grade B Online Course 2020?
Step 1 – Login/Sign in RBI Grade B Exam Page.
Step 2 – After your login/sign in, click on “Edge (Live Class) on the top left corner.
Step 3 – As you click you will be redirected to the page where you would find the RBI Grade B Cracker Course 2020.
Now that you are aware of the RBI Grade B Online Classes, why wait?
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now