Topper Strategy by Nikhil Barhate
Nikhil Barhate, our RBI Grade B 2022 topper, is an IIM Indore alumni and has a solid 4 years of work experience in reputed private banks. His preparation journey proves that being organized, disciplined, and focused can work wonders. He has shared his detailed strategy for all the phases of the RBI Grade B exam. Read his success story to understand better and then curate one for yourself.
RBI Grade B 2022 Topper Strategy by Nikhil Barhate
Here is the complete Topper Strategy by Nikhil Barhate:
Educational & Work Background
I have completed my Mechanical Engineer from the College of Engineering Pune and an MBA from IIM Indore. Post engineering, I worked for three years as an EPC consultant with Black & Veatch. Post-MBA, I worked for one year as a Wealth Manager with the HDFC Bank and currently I am working as a Manager in the mid-corporate group of ICICI Bank.
My Strategy for Phase 1
General Awareness: I strictly restricted my preparation to
- Monthly GA of around 6 months prior to Phase-I exam,
- PIB news, RBI publications and any financial news related to regulators from around 9 months prior to the Phase-I exam
QRE: I solely depended on taking up mock tests at regular intervals and their thorough analysis afterwards.
My Strategy for Phase 2
I divided my Phase II preparation into 3 stages:
1. Focus was on covering the syllabus plus preparing the notes
2. Multiple revisions
3. Descriptive practice
Finance: I covered the static portion and simultaneously prepared the notes for last-minute revision. The dynamic portion (current affairs related to Finance) was covered on daily basis along with the GA preparation and jotted down the facts and figures from various reports/indices/RBI directions/speeches by RBI personnel etc for utilizing them in descriptive practice.
Management: I covered all the topics from the entire syllabus, but my focus was on preparing the notes for the multiple revisions.
ESI: My focus was on covering the dynamic portion (current affairs related to ESI) along with the GA preparation on daily basis. I prepared my notes in which I covered the facts and figures from various reports/indices. Also prepared notes covering the latest and other important government schemes for last-minute revision as well as to utilize them in descriptive practice. I covered the ESI static portion at last.
My Strategy for Interview
I divided my interview preparation into 3 stages:
1. Covering the Bio-data form in-depth: I framed multiple questions on every point added in the bio-data form. I took help from friends and panelists from the mock interviews to know the probable questions out of the points added in the form. This majorly included the HR questions.
2. Covering the Basics Again: I covered the technical aspects/concepts, and general awareness questions that were currently in news or were being discussed by say RBI or the government related to finance and economy, RBI website etc. I also framed the opinions on various open topics.
Some Words of Wisdom for Future Aspirants
Just stay consistent during the whole journey of preparation because it does check your patience a lot. Also, try to be agile as much as possible in terms of the strategy that you will carve out for yourselves because there is no perfect strategy to achieve the end goal.
RBI Grade B Preparation Material – Free Ebooks
Hey aspirants!! We have specifically kept this section for the free ebooks. Here, you will get all the topic-wise ebooks. We will keep on updating fresh and new ebooks on different topics so do not forget to bookmark this blog. To download this ebook, all you need to do is log in. Also, download RBI Grade B 2023 Memory-Based Papers below:
- Download RBI Grade B 2023 GA Answer Key Ebook
- Get RBI Grade B 2023 ESI & FM Objective Questions Answer Key Ebook
- Download RBI Grade B 2023 ESI & FM Descriptive Questions Answer Key Ebook
Download FREE Ebooks on Government Schemes for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
- Final Revision of Important Govt Schemes for RBI Grade B – Download FREE Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Top 10 Govt Schemes from Ministry of Agriculture: Part 1 – Download
- FREE Ebook on Top 10 Govt Schemes from Ministry of Agriculture: Part 2 – Download
- Download Top 5 Government Schemes From the Ministry of Education
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 6 Govt. Schemes from the Ministry of Finance
- Ebook on Top 5 Initiatives of NITI Aayog – Download FREE
FREE Ebooks on General Awareness, ESI, FM & Miscellaneous Topics for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA – Download
The syllabus of all the regulatory exams is somewhat similar, so practicing and learning from other exam-specific ebooks are also beneficial in the preparation. Here, we have compiled all the latest ebooks that will help you ace the exam.
- Get a FREE Ebook on Key Highlights from Economic Survey 2022-23
- Download RBI Annual Report 2023 Important MCQs: Part 1 FREE Ebook
- Download RBI Annual Report 2023 Important MCQs: Part 2 FREE Ebook
- Top 50 Banking & Finance CA for all Regulatory Exams (March-April 2023)
- RBI Bolt March 2023 Summary FREE Ebook
- Top 100 PIB Current Affairs MCQs for RBI Grade B 2023: Part 1 – Download FREE
- Top 100 PIB Current Affairs MCQs for RBI Grade B 2023: Part 2 – Download FREE
- FREE Ebook on Introduction to Management
- Five-Year Plans Free Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Indian Agriculture
- Insurance Sector in India FREE Ebook
- International Economic Institutions FREE Ebook
- Export-Import Policy Free Ebook
Download FREE Ebooks on QRE (Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English) for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
Download all the ebooks for FREE and enhance your preparation.
Quantitative Aptitude Ebooks
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 Quants Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Top 25 Number Series Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE
- Most Repetitive Quants Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 Reasoning Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Most Repetitive Reasoning Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- Top 25 Puzzle Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
- Top 25 Syllogism Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
English Language Ebooks
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 English Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Most Repetitive English Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Top 25 Subject Verb Agreement Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download
- Ebook on Top 20 Para Jumble Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
- Top 100 Idioms & Phrases for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE Ebook
- Top 135 One-Word Substitutions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download
Preparing for Regulatory Exams? Need regular updates of CA, Notifications, Free Ebooks, YT Sessions, and More, then Join Our Regulatory Whatsapp Channel.
If you are preparing for Regulatory Exams, then do not forget to check out all the blogs on the regulatory exams. Check Regulatory Exam Blogs.
Check out all the videos for RBI Grade B, NABARD Grade A, SEBI Grade A, IFSCA Grade A, and SIDBI Grade A, IRDAI Assistant Manager- Subscribe to Oliveboard’s Regulatory Exam Youtube Channel
|NABARD Grade A Notification
|IRDAI Assistant Manager Notification
|SEBI Grade A Notification
|IFSCA Grade A Notification
|SIDBI Grade A Notification
- Indian Navy Agniveer MR Result 2024, Download Merit List
- Indian Navy Agniveer MR Previous Year Cut Off 2024, Check
- Indian Navy Agniveer SSR Apply Online 2024, Direct Apply Link
- 24 February 2024 Current Affairs in English
- KEA VAO Recruitment 2024 Notification Out For 1000 Posts
Hello there! I’m a dedicated Government Job aspirant turned passionate writer & content marketer. My blogs are a one-stop destination for accurate and comprehensive information on exams like Regulatory Bodies, Banking, SSC, State PSCs, and more. I’m on a mission to provide you with all the details you need, conveniently in one place. When I’m not writing and marketing, you’ll find me happily experimenting in the kitchen, cooking up delightful treats. Join me on this journey of knowledge and flavors!