The SSC conducts an examination every year to recruit people in the position of Assistant for the Central Vigilance Commission. If you are planning to apply and sit for this examination, make sure that your competitive exam preparation is nothing short of perfect.
This will help you score high marks and ensure that you get the coveted job.
Apart from this, it is important to have a clear idea about the job profile and salary structure as well. Read on to know more.
Central Vigilance Commission: Job profile
If you are working as an Assistant in the Central Vigilance Commission, then you will have to work like all the other assistants present there. The job profile is pre-dominantly clerical in nature; your work will revolve around official files and documents. An Assistant in the Central Vigilance Commission has the following jobs and responsibilities-
- They will have to report and answer to the Group-A senior officials. Additionally, they might also have to assist the senior officials, as and when required. This can lead to a heavier workload. However, if you work hard enough you will be promoted quickly.
- Coordinating with the senior officials before making a crucial decision
- Since the nature of this job is mostly clerical, you will have to take care of many important official files and documents. You will have to handle the files in such a way so that they are easily accessible as and when needed.
Central Vigilance Commission: Salary structure
The salary structure of an Assistant of the Central Vigilance Commission is as follows-
|Pay scale||INR 9,300- INR 34,800|
|Monthly salary||INR 40,000|
|Initial pay||INR 9,300|
|Grade pay||INR 4,600|
|Total pay||INR 13,900|
Apart from the above-mentioned salaries, they are also entitled to the following benefits and allowances-
- Petrol allowance
- Limited mobile bill
- Transport allowance (TA)
- Dearness allowance (DA) on total pay above
- House rent allowance (HRA) (Only if housing quarters are not provided)
Central Vigilance Commission: Career growth
The career growth of an Assistant in the Central Vigilance Commission is a very impressive one. If you work hard and do your job well, you will be promoted faster and this will help you shape your career in the right way. Career growth is as follows-
- Section Officer (You will be eligible for this position only after you work for seven to eight years as an Assistant)
- Under Secretary
- Deputy Secretary
Also Read- Online Classes For SSC CGL
As a CVC Assistant, you will be having many important responsibilities. Even though it is mostly a clerical job, it will be your responsibility to safeguard the files and keep in a good condition. Most importantly, you will perform very well in the examination. Look out for the official SSC CGL notification on the website for more updates.