Today is the second day of SSC CPO Tier I exam being conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC). The SSC CPO exam is scheduled to be held from 12th to 16th March 2019. The first shift of today’s exam is over and we are here with the detailed exam analysis. The SSC CPO Exam Analysis Tier 1 will help candidates in knowing the pattern followed this year i.e. what kind of questions were asked, their difficulty level, etc. The notification for SSC CPO 2018 exam was released last year for the recruitment of SI in CAPFs, ASI in CISF and SI in Delhi Police.
SSC CPO Exam Analysis Tier 1 – 16 March 2019 | Shift 1
The overall difficulty level of All the four sections combined , i.e., English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Intelligence and General Awareness, was of easy to moderate level. Let’s look at it in detail:
SSC CPO Tier 1 Exam Analysis – General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Visual Reasoning : 5 – 6 Qs
- Direction Sense : 2 Qs
- Coding decoding: 3-4 Qs
- Blood Relation – 2 Qs
- Number series (wrong, missing): 3-4 Qs
- Syllogism: 2-3 Qs
- Odd one out (letters and numbers): 6 Qs
- Matrix : 2 Qs
- Logical order of word: 2 Qs
- Venn diagram: 3-4 Qs
- Analogy: 3 Qs
- Miscellaneous – 10-12 Qs
SSC CPO Tier 1 Exam Analysis – Quantitative Aptitude:
- H.C.F. and L.C.M. – 2 Qs
- DI (Pie chart, Bar Graph, Line Graph) – 5 Qs
- Trigonometry – 4 Qs
- Height and distance (Shadow based) – 2 Qs
- Geometry – 2 Qs
- Algebra – 4-5 Qs
- Percentage – 4-5 Qs
- Mensuration (Parallelogram, Isosceles Triangle, etc) – 4 -5 Qs
- Profit/Loss – 1 Qs
- Average – 1 Qs
- BODMAS – 1 Qs
- Partnership – 1 Qs
- Pipes and Cistern – 1 Qs
- Miscellaneous on topics Number System, CI/SI, Time and Work, Percentage, Speed Distance and Time, Ratio and Mixture.
SSC CPO Tier 1 Exam Analysis – English Comprehension:
- Synonym – 5-6 Qs
- Antonym: 4-5 Qs
- Error Finding: 4-5 Qs
- Sentence improvement: 8-9 Qs
- Idioms: 5-6 Qs
- RC related to Exercise: 5 Qs
- Cloze Test (Passage/Story based): 5-7 Qs
- Wrongly spelt: 4-5 Qs
SSC CPO Tier 1 Exam Analysis – General Knowledge and General Awareness:
This section included questions from History, Geography, Polity, Economy, with majority of questions from General Science, like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Few questions from recent events were also asked. Let’s have a look at them:
Questions Asked Were Related to these topics-
- Article 100
- Father of Indian Nuclear Programme
- Chipko Aandolan
- Scientific Names of Goat and Wolf
- Nehru pact
- Founder of Servants of Indian Society
- Melting Point & Boiling Point of Fe
- How many days did Sunita Williams spent in the space?
- Sports related – Badminton
- CJI during the period of 1951-1954
- Deodhar Trophy is related to which sports?
- In which medium Sound cannot travel?
- Hindustani Gharana
- In which year second Asian games was held?
- Article 101,104
- Which animal use ultra sonic waves to detect the path/direction?
- Speed of Sound is Zero in___
- Who does flag hoisting on Independence Day in India
- Which player, at the age of 16 yr, started his career in cricket by playing against Pakistan?
- When was the capital of India shifted from Calcutta to Delhi?
- Which country ranks 7th in the world in terms of area?
- World’s largest Cricket stadium
This brings us to the end of the blog. Hope you find the SSC CPO Exam Analysis Tier 1 provided here useful. If you have any queries, write in the comment section below.
All the Best!
- Join EDGE Pro Course for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course + 30 Full length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here