AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Candidates must thoroughly review and ensure that they meet all the eligibility criteria specified by the Indian Air Force. In case it is discovered during the verification process, either before or after the written test or SSB test, that candidates do not meet the prescribed eligibility criteria, the Indian Air Force reserves the right to terminate their candidature. Therefore, it is essential for candidates to carefully examine all the eligibility criteria provided in this article before submitting their application for AFCAT 1 2024.
AFCAT 1 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The Indian Air Force (IAF) has issued the AFCAT 1 2024 Notification, and the online registration process began on 1st december 2024. It is important for candidates interested in Indian Air Force recruitment to thoroughly read this article to determine if they meet all aspects of the AFCAT Eligibility Criteria set by the IAF. The article provides detailed information on eligibility criteria regarding nationality, age limit, educational qualifications, and physical standards.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Overview
|Indian Air Force
|AFCAT Marital Status
|Men and Women
|AFCAT Age Limit
|Flying Branch: 20 to 24 years
|Ground Duty: 20 to 26 years
|AFCAT Educational Qualification
|60% in Maths and Physics in 10+2
|AFCAT Physical Eligibility
|Flying Branch – 162.5 cm
|Ground Duty (Tech-Non Tech)
|Male – 157.5 cm
|Female – 152 cm
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Nationality/ Citizenship
According to the Indian Citizenship Act 1955, candidates must be citizens of India.
AFCAT Age Limit 2024
- Flying Branch: Applicants should be between 20 to 24 years old as of January 1, 2025. This means they must have been born between January 2, 2001, and January 1, 2005 (both dates inclusive). The upper age limit is relaxed to 26 years for candidates with a valid Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India), i.e., born between January 2, 1999, and January 1, 2005 (both dates inclusive).
- Ground Duty (Technical/Non-Technical) Branches: Candidates should be between 20 to 26 years old as of January 1, 2025, i.e., born between January 2, 1999, and January 1, 2005 (both dates inclusive). It’s important to note that candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the start of the course. Widows/Widowers and divorcees (with or without encumbrances) below 25 years of age are also not eligible.
(C) Educational Qualification:
For the Flying Branch, candidates should have a minimum of 50% marks each in physics and mathematics at the 10+2 level and either a three-year degree in graduation or a BE/BTECH degree with a minimum of 60% from a recognized university.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – AFCAT Marital Status
Candidates below the age of 25 years must be unmarried at the time of training commencement. Widows, widowers, and divorcees below 25 years are not eligible. Any candidate who marries during the training will be expelled from service and will be required to reimburse the government for all the expenses incurred on their behalf. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply, but they will not be provided married accommodation and will not be permitted to live with their family outside the campus during the training period.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 – AFCAT Educational Qualification
The article provides post-wise educational qualification criteria. It is crucial for candidates to check the specific educational qualifications required for the Flying Branch in the Air Force.
|Passed with a minimum of 50% marks each in Maths and Physics at Class 12th.
Graduation(minimum 3-year degree) in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent
Qualified Aeronautical Society of India or section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
BE/B Tech degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Ground Duty (Technical) Branch
Check the educational qualification criteria for Aeronautical Engineer(Electronics) given below in the table:
|Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics)
|Passed with minimum 50% marks in both Physics and Maths at Class 12th.
Graduation/Post Graduation in Engineering/ Technology from recognized University
Qualified in Sections A and B examination of Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Graduate membership examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers with a minimum or equivalent of 60% marks in the following disciplines:
Applied Electronics & Instrumentation
Computer Engineering & Application
Computer Science and Engineering/Technology
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Electronics Engineering/ Technology
Electronics Science and Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Electronics and Computer Science
Electronics and/or Telecommunication Engineering
Electronics and/or Telecommunication Engineering (Microwave)
Electronics and Computer Engineering
Electronics Communication and Instrumentation Engineering
Electronics Instrument & Control
Electronics Instrument & Control Engineering
Instrumentation & Control Engineering
Instrument & Control Engineering
Electric Power and Machinery Engineering
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Ground Duty (Technical)
Check the education qualification criteria for Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) given below in the table:
|Minimum of 50% marks in each Physics and Math at Class 12th.
Graduation/Post-graduation in Engineering from recognised University.
Qualified Aeronautical Society of India or Sections A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) by actual studies with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the following disciplines:
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
Mechanical Engineering and Automation
Mechanical Engineering (Production)
Mechanical Engineering (Repair and Maintenance)
Production and Industrial Engineering
Materials Science and Engineering
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Aerospace and Applied Mechanics
Rubber Technology and Rubber Engineering
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branches
Candidates applying for Ground Duty (Non-Technical) must check the educational qualification given below in the table:
|Ground Duty (Non-Technical)
|Passed Higher Secondary Examination
Bachelors Degree with 60% marks in any discipline from a recognised university.
Aeronautical Society of India or section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
|Passed Higher Secondary Examination
Post-Graduation with 50% marks in any discipline and 60% marks in Graduation in any disciple.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Meteorology
The educational qualification for meteorology is given below in the table:
|Passed Higher Secondary Examination
Post Graduate Degree in any Environmental Science/ Applied Physics/ Oceanography/ Meteorology/ Agricultural Meteorology/ Ecology/Science stream/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Geography/ Computer Applications & Environment/ Geo-physics/ Environmental Biology with the minimum of 50% marks in all papers.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Physical Standards
The physical standard prescribed by the Indian Air Force is given below:
Please refer to the table below to understand the minimum height requirements for males and females in both the flying and ground duty branches:
|Minimum Height of Male
|Minimum Height Female
|Ground Duty Branch
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Physical Conditions
Candidates are required to maintain a good physical condition and should engage in regular training to improve their fitness levels. To prepare for the physical aspects of the selection process, candidates are advised to follow the training routine outlined below:
- 4 Km Running in 15 min
- One set of Push-ups and sit-ups, 20 in each set
- 08 Chin-ups
- 3-4 meters of Rope Climbing
- 25m Swimming
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Physical Fitness
Prior to reporting for the SSB (Service Selection Board) interview at the Air Force Selection Board, it is imperative for candidates to ensure their physical fitness. Candidates must possess the following physical abilities at the time of reporting:
- Endurance: Candidates should be capable of running 1.6 km (1 mile) comfortably. This test assesses their cardiovascular fitness and endurance.
- Upper Body Strength: Candidates must be able to perform 10 consecutive push-ups. This test evaluates their upper body strength, including the muscles in the chest, arms, and core.
- Grip Strength: Candidates should demonstrate the ability to perform 3 consecutive chin-ups. This test measures their upper body strength, particularly in the arms, back, and shoulders.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Tattoos
- Permanent tattoos are generally not allowed, except for tattoos on the inner face of forearms and the reverse side of the palm of both hands. Candidates with tattoos in these permitted areas will be required to sign a self-declaration certificate.
- Small tattoos depicting religious symbols or names of loved ones are allowed, as long as they do not violate military discipline.
- Tribal candidates may be permitted to have tattoos based on their specific customs and traditions, subject to individual assessment.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Narcotics
- The consumption of intoxicants is strictly prohibited.
- Candidates who are found to have consumed intoxicants during their training or service career will be disqualified from joining the Indian Air Force (IAF). If such candidates have already joined, they will be removed from the service.
- Central Bank of India Apprentice Recruitment 2024 For 3000 Posts
- ICAR IARI Assistant Salary 2024, Complete Salary Structure
- FCI Assistant Grade 3 Eligibility 2024, Age, Educational Qualification & More
- ICAR IARI Assistant Previous Year Cut Off 2024, Category Wise Cut Off
- FCI Assistant Grade 3 Result 2024, Download Link & Steps
Ans. The qualifications for flying branch and ground duty(tech and non-tech) are different. Check the education qualification given on this page for all the branches of AFCAT.
No, candidates who passed 12th with a science background and have required graduation degrees are eligible for AFCAT.
|AFCAT Selection Process 2023
|SSC JE Answer Key 2023
|NHPC JE Recruitment 2023 Notification Out
|SSC JHT Exam Centers 2023
|SSC JHT Result 2023
|SSC JHT Cut Off 2023
Sindhuja is a passionate content writer with a strong background in preparing for various state exams and defence examinations. Drawing on her own experiences as an aspirant, she brings valuable insights and expertise to her writing. With a keen understanding of exam patterns, syllabus, and effective study techniques, Sindhuja creates engaging and informative content to assist fellow aspirants in their preparation journey. Her dedication to accuracy and clarity ensures that candidates find convenience and reliability in her work. As a content writer, she aspires to empower others with the knowledge and guidance needed to excel in their respective exams and achieve their dreams.