How to become a CBI Officer: CBI stands for Central Bureau of Investigation and it is one of the most prestigious intelligence agencies in India. It comes under the central government and is headed by the Ministry of Personnel and Public Grievances. CBI is one of the most reputed institutions of the Indian government and it is considered very tough to become a CBI Officer.
Many candidates aspire to become CBI Officers but lack the basic details to join the CBI. In this blog, we will brief you about the procedure to become a CBI Officer. Continue reading the blog to know detailed information regarding the CBI Officer.
Table of Contents
- How to become a CBI Officer?
- What is the name of the post?
- What is the official website of the selection commission?
- What is the classification of a CBI Officer?
- What is the pay level grade of a CBI Officer?
- What is the age limit to become a CBI Officer?
- What is the required educational qualification to become a CBI Officer?
- What is the selection procedure to become a CBI Officer?
- Where is a CBI Officer posted after recruitment?
- What is the salary structure of a CBI Officer?
- What are the job roles of a CBI Officer?
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to become a CBI Officer?
Candidates aspiring to become a CBI Officer needs to clear the UPSC CSE examination. Candidates need to crack the CSE examination with the rank of IPS. After getting selected as IPS, candidates can ask for a transfer to the department of CBI. Although candidates can also get selected in CBI through SSC CGL, they are selected for the post of Sub Inspector. Candidates willing to join as CBI Officer needs to clear the CSE with a good rank.
Check the detailed procedure of UPSC CSE here!
What is the name of the post?
IPS officers join CBI in the post of Deputy Advisors. CBI Officers are employees of the central government as the department comes under the ministry of the central government.
What is the official website of the selection commission?
Union Public Service Commission conducts the Civil Services Examination. www.upsc.in is the official website of the UPSC where the application form is released for the aspirants. Candidates can get all the details and notifications from the official website.
What is the classification of a CBI Officer?
CBI Officers joining through UPSC come under Group “A”. They are gazetted officers and it is one of the highest posts of the central government.
What is the pay level grade of a CBI Officer?
CBI Officers are provided with a salary in accordance with Pay level 10. Their basic pay is approximately Rs.56,000 and their in-hand salary can go up to Rs.2,25,000 after adding TA, DA, and HRA.
What is the age limit to become a CBI Officer?
Aspirants should not be less than 21 years of age and should not exceed the age of 32 years. However, there is a relaxation in age for various reserved categories. A relaxation of 5 years is provided in the upper age limit of the SC and ST, 3 years to OBC, and 3 years of relaxation for disabled defense personnel.
What is the required educational qualification to become a CBI Officer?
Candidates willing to become a CBI officer and appear for the CSE only need to have a degree of graduation from a recognized university or institution. Only a bachelor’s degree is required there is no other education requirement for the examination.
What is the selection procedure to become a CBI Officer?
Aspirants get selected as CBI Officers through the UPSC CSE. This examination is conducted in three rounds. Candidates need to qualify for all the rounds to get selected.
Prelims: This round consists of a C-SAT paper of objective-type questions. This is qualifying in nature and marks obtained in this paper are not added to the final merit list. Candidates need to score a minimum of 34% to qualify for the mains.
Mains: This round consists of five subjective-type papers. No negative marking is done in the mains. Candidates are allowed to choose one optional subject of their choice.
Interview: Candidates qualifying for the mains are called for the interview. The final merit list is released on the basis of marks obtained in the mains and interviews.
Where is a CBI Officer posted after recruitment?
After the completion of the training period, most of the CBI Officers are mostly posted to the CBI Headquarters in Delhi for a few months or more. Although, CBI has major offices in metro cities and officers can be also posted in those cities.
What is the salary structure of a CBI Officer?
CBI Officers are of the IPS cadre and they get paid according to Pay Level 10. We have provided you with the detailed salary structure of a CBI Officer below to give you a better understanding.
The basic pay of a CBI Officer is Rs.56,700. However, many additional allowances are also provided to the CBI Officers and they are:
|Dearness Allowance||As per the state policy.|
|House Rent Allowance||Depending on the locality, and post|
|Traveling Allowance||Depending on the work|
|Food Allowance||Food bill is reimbursed|
|Mobile Allowance||Rs. 2000|
What are the job roles of a CBI Officer?
CBI officers have a lot of responsibilities and an abundance of work to review. However, many people leave CBI every year for their ideas and startups, It is one of the most prestigious government departments. It is a great job for people. They are as follows:
- CBI Officers have to go on inspection of the cases and to recheck any case if it has been transferred to CBI.
- They have to attend the case hearings in the courts on behalf of CBI.
- They have to investigate and even go to the ground places in case of urgency.
- As CBI faces shortage of officers and inspectors, there is always high work load and officers have to handle several work at a time.
We hope this blog gave you a better understanding of how to become a CBI Officer. To read more such blogs register with the Oliveboard!
- IBPS PO Final Cut Off 2023 Out, Check Category Wise
- IBPS Clerk Mains Cut Off 2023 Out State Wise
- IBPS Clerk Mains Result 2023 Out, Direct Link to Check ￼
- IBPS PO Final Result 2023 Out, Direct Link to Result, Check Score Card
- IBPS SO Final Result 2023 Out, Direct Link to Check Result and Score Card
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Frequently Asked Questions
CBI Officers receive in-hand salary of Rs.2,00,000 approximately.
he minimum age limit is 21 years of age for the CBI Officer.
Hey everyone, This is Vaishnavi Kumari an edtech writer and also a government exams aspirant. I have worked for various edtech platforms. I will give my best to provide you with the crucial information for government and banking exams. Being the writer as well as aspirant, I understand your needs and will try to make your preparation journey easier.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series