The Bihar Public Service Commission holds competitive examinations to fill various positions such as Assistant Audit Officer, Assistant Engineer, Civil Officer, Project Manager, and Judicial Services. Individuals from across the country are invited to grab this opportunity and register for the BPSC PCS exam. BPSC PCS has advertised a total number of 562 openings for the year 2021, according to the official notification on their website. The BPSC PCS exam is categorized into three sections, the first of which is the preliminary examination, followed by the main examination, and the final step in the selection process is the interview.
With the help of a proper study plan prep strategy, it is easier to crack this exam. In this blog, we will discuss the BPSC PCS Study Plan for 50 days. This will help you analyze how you can attempt the exam and what your preparation strategy should be.
Table of Contents
BPSC PCS Exam Pattern:
Before getting into the BPSC PCS Study Plan, let us know about the IBPS PCS exam pattern. The BPSC PCS selection process is divided into three stages: preliminary examination, main examination, and interview. To advance to the next level, candidates must pass each round. Before applying for the BPSC PCS exam, candidates should read the eligibility requirements carefully. If any fraudulent information is discovered during or after the interview process, the candidate will be disqualified.
An applicant will be eligible for the jobs posted under BPSC PCS Recruitment 2021 if he or she passes all stages of the BPSC PCS selection process, as well as the document verification process. Each stage of the recruitment process is held on a different day and in a different location as determined by the BPSC PCS. The BPSC PCS PCS Exam Pattern is detailed below.
|Interview process Physical standards, Document verification||–|
- The first round of the BPSC PCS’s selection process is the Preliminary exam, which consists of objective questions.
- There are 150 questions in the preliminary exam, each worth one mark.
- According to the Bihar Public Service Commission’s official notice, there will be no negative marking in the preliminary test for an unattended question or incorrect answer.
- The total time allotted to complete the prelim exam is 2hours
|Section||Total Number of Questions||Total Marks||Time allotted|
Stage 2: Mains
- Candidates who pass the preliminary exam will be invited to take the mains exam, which is the second stage of the BPSC PCS selection process.
- The BPSC PCS mains exam pattern will have four papers, with the General Hindi paper serving as a qualifying exam.
- The four sections of the mains exam are General Hindi, General Studies I, and General Studies II and the optional paper which is worth 900 points.
- The optional paper is the fourth section of the mains exam, candidates will be given the choice to choose from 34 subjects at the time of filing the application process.
- According to the Bihar Public Service Commission’s official notice, there will be no negative marking in the mains exam for an unattended question or incorrect answer.
- The total time allotted for each paper in the mains exam is 3hours
- To be called for the next step of the selection process, candidates must pass the mains exam.
|General Hindi (Qualifying)||100||3 hours|
|General Studies I||300||3 hours|
|General Studies II||300||3 hours|
|Optional Paper||300||3 hours|
|Total||900 (excluding qualifying marks)|
BPSC PCS Study Plan-Prelims 2021:
Let us dive deep into the BPSC PCS 2021 exam study plan for the better preparation of BPSC PCS Prelims 2021.
|1||History of ancient Bihar||Chronology of Indian history|
|2||Indus Valley Civilization||Early and Later Vedic Period|
|4||Shishunaga, Nanda, Mahajanpadas, Haryanka||Mauryan|
|5||Previous year Questions on Ancient history||Previous year Questions on Ancient history|
|7||General Mental Ability||General Mental Ability|
|8||History of modern Bihar||Foreign invasion in India|
|9||Kushan empire||Gupta empire|
|10||Sangam age, chalukya dynasty, Pallavas||Palas, Rashtrakutas, Pratiharas, rajput states.|
|12||General Mental Ability practice||General Mental Ability Practice|
|13||Mock Test-1||Analyze Mock test|
|14||History of Medieval Bihar||Vijayanagar and Bahmani Kingdom|
|15||Delhi Sultanate-1||Delhi Sultanate-1|
|16||Mughal empire-1||Mughal empire-1|
|17||History of Modern Bihar||Bhakti and Sufi Movement|
|18||Advent of European||Peasant Movements in India|
|19||Tribal revolts||Revolt of 1857|
|20||INC||Governors-general and Viceroys- their tenure and important work|
|22||General Mental Ability Practice||General Mental Ability Practice|
|23||Mock Test-2||Mock Test-2 Analysis|
|24||Indian National Movement-1||Indian National Movement-1|
|25||Newspapers and important journals by freedom fighters||Education during the British raj|
|26||Development of Press||The revolutionary period during Britishers|
|28||General Mental Ability||General Mental Ability|
|29||Mock Test-3||Mock Test- 3 Analyse|
|30||Geography of Bihar||Geography of Bihar|
|31||Classical dances, folk dances, and martial arts||Indian Paintings|
|32||Famous temples in India||Indian school of philosophy|
|33||Previous year paper||Revise|
|34||Mock Test-4||Mock Test- 4 Analyse|
|35||Physiography of India||Physiography of India|
|36||World Geography||World Geography|
|37||Industries of India||Industries of India|
|38||Minerals of India||Climate of India|
|39||Mock Test-5||Mock Test-5 Analyse|
|41||Tiger reserves, biospheres, bird sanctuaries, etc||Important River system, lake, etc|
|42||General Science||General Science|
|49||Mock test-6||Mock test-Analyse|
|50||Mock Test-7||Mock test-Analyse|
Apart from the above-mentioned BPSC PCS Study Plan, make sure to read current affairs on a daily basis.
BPSC PCS Study Plan: General Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks for BPSC PCS exam preparation.
- Make Time Table- Many students apply for any exam but then do not study systematically. For systematic study you need a proper time table. So first of all prepare a time table covering all the topics asked in the exam.
- Read good books: There are plenty of books available in the market, but reading all of them will be of no use. Refer to the standard books only. If you have notes from your coaching institute then refer to them for your preparation.
- Read Newspaper: For current affairs section in general Knowledge, newspapers will be very helpful.
- Revision is the key: One thing that sets toppers apart is the habit of revision. For this exam, revision is the key, you have to remember whatever you are reading.
- Mock Tests for Prelims: Join a mock test series for better understanding of the actual exam level, test series can immensely help you in acing this exam.
- Previous Year Question Papers: Go through the previous year question papers, It will help you to get a better idea of the level of exam and the kind of questions asked.
- Keep a check on time: While attempting the mock test, make sure to attempt it in the prescribed time slot.