FCI Study Plan : Food Corporation of India (FCI), setup under the Food Corporation’s Act 1964, has recently released the Notification for FCI Assistant Grade 3 Recruitment 2023. 5043 vacancies have been announced for various posts. FCI has released the schedule of Online examination. Candidates can check the FCI Exam date from the link provided below. For your assistance, here we bring you 90 Days of FCI Study Plan and Preparation Tips so that you can easily wind up your studies before the exam along with the revision and if there remains some more days, you can utilize them by working on areas you are weak at. So, without further ado, let’s get started:
Table of Contents
- FCI Assistant Grade 3 Study Plan | 90 days Study Plan
- FCI Study Plan for Preliminary Exam
FCI Assistant Grade 3 Study Plan | 90 days Study Plan
FCI Assistant Grade 3 Study Plan gives you a a weekly target to help you complete the entire portions without much stress. You can customize it based on your preparation level and your weak and strong points.
|Week||Tasks – Morning||Tasks – Afternoon||Tasks – Evening|
|Week 1||FCI Prelims | FREE Mock Test 1|
Take The Diagnostic Mock | Spend Time Analyzing Your Performance | Identify Strengths & Weaknesses
|Ratio & Proportion Concept + Practice Test|
Mensuration level 1 and 2
|Percentages & Partnership Concept + Practice Test|
Simple & Compound Interest Concept + Practice Test
|Week 2||FCI Prelims Mock Test 2||Cloze Test Concept + Practice Test|
Averages, Mixtures and Alligation Concept + Practice Test
|Practice Data Interpretation: Tables, Charts & Graphs|
Blood Relations Concept + Practice Test
|Week 3||FCI Prelims Mock Test 3||Order And Ranking Concept + Practice Test|
Profit & Loss Concept + Practice Test
|DI – Table level 1, and 2|
Vocabulary Level 1 and 2
|Week 4||FCI Prelims Mock Test 4||Time & Work Concept + Practice Test|
Permutation and Combination Concept + Practice Test
|Reasoning Puzzles Concept + Practice Test|
Logical Reasoning Concept + Practice Test
|Week 5||FCI Prelims Mock Test 5||Simplification/ Approximation Concept + Practice Test|
|Para-jumbles Concept + Practice Test|
Error Spotting Concept + Practice Test
|Week 6||FCI Prelims Mock Test 6||Direction Sense Concept + Practice Test|
Input-Output Concept + Practice Test
|Seating Arrangements Concept + Practice Test|
Time, Speed & Distance Concept + Practice Test
|Week 7||FCI Prelims Mock Test 7||Reading Comprehension Concept + Practice Test|
Solve 8 Reasoning Puzzles + 2 Reading Comprehension
|DI – Chart and Graph Level 1 and 2|
Coding Decoding Level 1, 2, and 3
|Week 8||FCI Prelims Mock Test 8||Number Series Concept + Practice Test|
Fillers Test Level 1, 2 and 3
|Alphanumeric Series + Practice DI: Caselet & Mixed|
DI – Caselets level 1 and 2
|Week 9||FCI Prelims Mock Test 9||Inequality Concept + Practice Test|
Practice Phrase/ word Replacement
|Problems on Ages Concept + Practice Test|
Data Sufficiency Concept + Practice Test
|Week 10||FCI Prelims Mock Test 10||Solve 5 Reasoning Puzzles + 2 Reading Comprehension|
Quantity Comparison Level 1 and 2
|Probability Concept + Practice Test|
Quadratic Equations Concept + Practice Test
|Week 11||Revision of all Mock Tests||Syllogism Concept + Practice Test|
Sentence Improvement/ Correction Concept + Practice Test
Economy and General Science
|Sentence Joining Level 1, 2 and 3|
Analytical Reasoning level 1 and 2
|Week 12||Revision of English||Revision of Reasoning||Revision of Quant|
FCI Study Plan for Preliminary Exam
Before moving on to the FCI Study Plan 2023, it is imperative that you become acquainted with the FCI Exam Pattern. Check the FCI 2023 Exam Pattern Here. The FCI Study Plan is designed such that not only you make your concepts strong but also improve your speed & accuracy by practicing more and more Practice/Topic Tests, Sectional Tests as well as Mock Tests provided by Oliveboard. It is important to take regular tests to know where you stand and to understand the areas you need to improve in.
Note: Apart from this, Daily Practice of DI and RC is recommended.
FCI Study Plan 2023 – FCI Exam Tips for English Language Section
- Read a good English newspaper such as The Times of India. It will help you in improving your overall English skills. You can read it without getting bored and it might help you in improving your General Awareness skills too. Read for around 1 hour a day whenever you find time. This will boost your preparation in English for FCI Exam 2023.
- Make a note of all important English Grammar rules. There are around 40-45 of them. Proficiency in these general English rules will make you able to solve 40-50 % questions. Revise these rules daily and practice questions based on them. Generally questions of type “ Find Error” and “Improvement” come in this category.
- For Vocabulary based topics like Antonyms and Synonyms, revision is the key. Start alphabetically with A and move on to Z. Read the words you come across and revise them. You may need to note down some difficult words for revision as and when you find time. Devote 20-30 minutes for Vocabulary everyday.
- For Idioms, Phrases and One word type questions it is important to learn and revise. Daily revision for 15 minutes is very important otherwise you may forget in the real exam.
- Practice all previous year questions that have come in past FCI Exams. You will become comfortable with the level of questions generally asked.
- For Cloze test, reading is paramount. If you are habitual of reading , you know how to join sentences and what is the tone of the sentence. Practice has an important role to play in these kind of questions. Practice at least 3 Cloze tests from today to master it before the exam.
- After you have prepared and practiced, the next important stage comes which is Online Mock Tests. You may come to know about your preparation level only after attempting online mock tests. With Online Mock tests you get an exam like atmosphere and your performance is gauged against thousands of other aspirants. Take 10 online Mock Tests before appearing for the real exam. Mock tests also help you in time management which is one of the biggest factors in your success.
- A good online test series comes with sufficient Sectional Tests. Attempt English Sectional Tests and look how many questions are you getting correct. Also find out the time taken by you in completing 25 questions. You should also analyse your weak areas for which you need improvement.
FCI Exam Preparation 2023 – FCI Exam Tips for Numerical Aptitude Section
The trick to scoring marks in Numerical Aptitude Section of FCI Phase 1 exam is to attempt the questions on Quadratic Equations, Simplification and Approximation first and then going for Number Series. Hence, work on strengthening these topics.
The Data Interpretation questions are known to be calculation intensive. Hence, make sure you practice at least 5 sets everyday. So, in the next few days, revise various shortcuts to multiply, divide numbers, find percentage of numbers etc. The faster you can calculate, the more you can score in DI in the exam. Don’t panic if you find the questions long. Solve a couple of DI Sets and move on to other sections.
FCI Exam Preparation 2023 – FCI Exam Tips for Reasoning Section
Reasoning is one of the challenging sections in the exam as it is quite time-consuming. However, with proper practice, one can score well in this section. Divide the questions into two categories to help you gain a better understanding of how much time each question on average would take to be solved. For your reference, the chapters/topics from each of the two categories have been given below:
- Time-Consuming Topics: Seating arrangements (linear and circular), machine input and output, and puzzles (floor puzzles for example), etc.
- (Relatively) Easy Topics: Syllogisms, Blood Relations, Data Sufficiency, Inequalities, Direction Sense, etc.
You must know what to prioritize in the exam when it comes to practicing them and perfecting your knowledge of the same.
While doing the above-mentioned things, it is also important to attempt at least 1-2 practice tests everyday and spend some quality time analyzing your attempts. Devise a strategy on the following three points: –
- Order of attempting various sections
- Time to be spent on each section
- Number of questions to be attempted
Understand that all the 3 things mentioned above are dynamic and vary from person to person, or sometimes even paper to paper, based on the difficulty level. Apart from the subject knowledge, your time management skills play an equally important role in the exam. Taking FCI Mock Tests will provide you with a situation where you can practice making such important decisions, and thus be better prepared for the actual exam.
FCI Mock Test Series
Oliveboard, the Online Learning Portal, provides FCI Mock Test Series to help the candidates clear the exam in one go. FCI Online Mock Tests will help you prepare for the actual exam because they will give you an idea of how the pressure and situation will be and this will help you feel more confident and more prepared. These Mock tests will also help you in judging and understanding your strengths and weaknesses so that you can work on them better.
You can Register to Oliveboard to attempt the First Free Mock Test and check the level of your exam preparation and your National Standing. Analyse your Performance with Oliveboard’s Analytics feature and get to know your Weak Areas. Get Oliveboard’s Expert Guidance to improve your score in subsequent Tests. Oliveboard’s FCI Mock Test series 10 Mocks for Food Corporation of India 2023 Prelims.
Note: Get New Pattern FCI Mock Tests from Oliveboard. Tests can be taken on Mobile App or PC.
That is all from us in this blog of FCI Study Plan and Preparation Tips 2023. Remember that ‘success comes to those who work hard’. So, take your preparation to the next level, Follow this FCI Study Plan, and give all your heart & soul to the studies to fulfill your dream of clearing the exam.
If you wish to get in touch with your fellow competitors for preparation of Bank & Govt. Exams, you can visit Oliveboard’s discuss forum.
All the Best!?
Follow a well rounded study plan and stick to the schedule. Practice a lot and attempt mock tests.
Yes, FCI Assistant Grade 3 Exam is comparatively easier to SSC CGL and Bank PO.
Dedicated, consistent, well planned practice is the only way to clear FCI Assistant Grade 3 Exam. Practice more from your weak area and do not neglect your stronger areas as well.
Topics of History, Geography, Economy, General Science upto Class 8th level. (20 questions) and Current Affairs (5questions) are included in FCI Assistant Grade 3 exam.
Yes, with consistent efforts and a good study plan such as the one above, it is possible to clear FCI Assistant Grade 3 in 3 months.
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series