Food Corporation of India (FCI), setup under the Food Corporation’s Act 1964, had recently released the notification for FCI Recruitment 2019. 4103 vacancies have been announced for various posts. FCI has released the schedule of Online examination. Candidates can check the FCI Exam date from the link provided below. For your assistance, here we bring you 20 Days of FCI Study Plan and Preparation Tips so that you can easily wind up your studies before the exam along with the revision and if there remains some more days, you can utilize them by working on areas you are weak at. So, without further ado, let’s get started:
FCI Study Plan for Preliminary Exam
Before moving on to the FCI Study Plan 2019, it is imperative that you become acquainted with the FCI Exam Pattern. Check the FCI 2019 Exam Pattern Here.
The FCI Study Plan is designed such that not only you make your concepts strong but also improve your speed & accuracy by practicing more and more Practice/Topic Tests, Sectional Tests as well as Mock Tests provided by Oliveboard. It is important to take regular tests to know where you stand and to understand the areas you need to improve in.
|FCI Study Plan for Prelims|
|Day 1||FCI Prelims | FREE Mock Test 1||
|Direction Sense Concept + Practice Test|
|Take The Diagnostic Mock | Spend Time Analyzing Your Performance | Identify Strengths & Weaknesses|
|Ratio & Proportion Concept + Practice Test|
|Seating Arrangements Concept + Practice Test||FCI Prelims Mock Test 2|
|Percentages & Partnership Concept + Practice Test|
|Day 2||Reasoning Puzzles Concept + Practice Test|
|Order And Ranking Concept + Practice Test|
|Number Series Concept + Practice Test||FCI Prelims Mock Test 3|
|Time & Work Concept + Practice Test|
|Day 3||Simplification/ Approximation Concept + Practice Test|
|Para-jumbles Concept + Practice Test|
|Reading Comprehension Concept + Practice Test||FCI Prelims Mock Test 4|
|Day 4||Cloze Test Concept + Practice Test||Day 14||Alphanumeric Series + Practice DI: Caselet & Mixed|
|Inequality Concept + Practice Test||Problems on Ages Concept + Practice Test|
|Solve 5 Reasoning Puzzles + 2 Reading Comprehension||FCI Prelims Mock Test 5|
|Day 5||Practice Data Interpretation: Tables, Charts & Graphs||Day 15||Probability Concept + Practice Test|
|Error Spotting Concept + Practice Test||Permutation and Combination Concept + Practice Test|
|Syllogism Concept + Practice Test||Fillers Test Level 1, 2 and 3|
|Day 6||Input-Output Concept + Practice Test||Day 16||FCI Prelims Mock Test 6|
|Solve 5 Reasoning Puzzles + 2 Reading Comprehension||DI – Table level 1, and 2|
|Quadratic Equations Concept + Practice Test||Sentence Joining Level 1, 2 and 3|
|DI – Caselets level 1 and 2|
|Day 7||Data Sufficiency Concept + Practice Test||Day 17||Vocabulary Level 1 and 2|
|DI – Chart and Graph Level 1 and 2|
|Practice Phrase/ word Replacement||FCI Prelims Mock Test 7|
|Averages, Mixtures and Alligation Concept + Practice Test||Quantity Comparison Level 1 and 2|
|Coding Decoding Level 1, 2, and 3|
|Day 8||Profit & Loss Concept + Practice Test||Day 18||Mensuration level 1 and 2|
|Analytical Reasoning level 1 and 2|
|Sentence Improvement/ Correction Concept + Practice Test||FCI Prelims Mock Test 8|
|Day 9||Time, Speed & Distance Concept + Practice Test||Day 19||Revision of Reasoning|
|FCI Prelims Mock Test 9|
|Blood Relations Concept + Practice Test||Revision of Quant|
|Day 10||Logical Reasoning Concept + Practice Test||Day 20||Revision of English|
|Solve 8 Reasoning Puzzles + 2 Reading Comprehension|
|Simple & Compound Interest Concept + Practice Test||FCI Prelims Mock Test 10|
Note: Apart from this, Daily Practice of DI and RC is recommended.
FCI Exam Preparation 2019 – FCI Exam Tips for English Language Section
- Read a good English newspaper such as The Times of India. It will help you in improving your overall English skills. You can read it without getting bored and it might help you in improving your General Awareness skills too. Read for around 1 hour a day whenever you find time. This will boost your preparation in English for FCI Exam 2019.
- Make a note of all important English Grammar rules. There are around 40-45 of them. Proficiency in these general English rules will make you able to solve 40-50 % questions. Revise these rules daily and practice questions based on them. Generally questions of type “ Find Error” and “Improvement” come in this category.
- For Vocabulary based topics like Antonyms and Synonyms, revision is the key. Start alphabetically with A and move on to Z. Read the words you come across and revise them. You may need to note down some difficult words for revision as and when you find time. Devote 20-30 minutes for Vocabulary everyday.
- For Idioms, Phrases and One word type questions it is important to learn and revise. Daily revision for 15 minutes is very important otherwise you may forget in the real exam.
- Practice all previous year questions that have come in past FCI Exams. You will become comfortable with the level of questions generally asked.
- For Cloze test, reading is paramount. If you are habitual of reading , you know how to join sentences and what is the tone of the sentence. Practice has an important role to play in these kind of questions. Practice at least 3 Cloze tests from today to master it before the exam.
- After you have prepared and practiced, the next important stage comes which is Online Mock Tests. You may come to know about your preparation level only after attempting online mock tests. With Online Mock tests you get an exam like atmosphere and your performance is gauged against thousands of other aspirants. Take 10 online Mock Tests before appearing for the real exam. Mock tests also help you in time management which is one of the biggest factors in your success.
- A good online test series comes with sufficient Sectional Tests. Attempt English Sectional Tests and look how many questions are you getting correct. Also find out the time taken by you in completing 25 questions. You should also analyse your weak areas for which you need improvement.
FCI Exam Preparation 2019 – FCI Exam Tips for Numerical Aptitude Section
The trick to scoring marks in Numerical Aptitude Section of FCI Phase 1 exam is to attempt the questions on Quadratic Equations, Simplification and Approximation first and then going for Number Series. Hence, work on strengthening these topics.
The Data Interpretation questions are known to be calculation intensive. Hence, make sure you practice at least 5 sets everyday. So, in the next few days, revise various shortcuts to multiply, divide numbers, find percentage of numbers etc. The faster you can calculate, the more you can score in DI in the exam. Don’t panic if you find the questions long. Solve a couple of DI Sets and move on to other sections.
FCI Exam Preparation 2019 – FCI Exam Tips for Reasoning Section
Reasoning is one of the challenging sections in the exam as it is quite time-consuming. However, with proper practice, one can score well in this section.Divide the questions into two categories to help you gain a better understanding of how much time each question on average would take to be solved. For your reference, the chapters/topics from each of the two categories have been given below:
- Time-Consuming Topics: Seating arrangements (linear and circular), machine input and output, and puzzles (floor puzzles for example), etc.
- (Relatively) Easy Topics: Syllogisms, Blood Relations, Data Sufficiency, Inequalities, Direction Sense, etc.
You must know what to prioritize in the exam when it comes to practicing them and perfecting your knowledge of the same.
While doing the above-mentioned things, it is also important to attempt at least 1-2 practice tests everyday and spend some quality time analyzing your attempts. Devise a strategy on the following three points: –
- Order of attempting various sections
- Time to be spent on each section
- Number of questions to be attempted
Understand that all the 3 things mentioned above are dynamic and vary from person to person, or sometimes even paper to paper, based on the difficulty level. Apart from the subject knowledge, your time management skills play an equally important role in the exam. Taking FCI Mock Tests will provide you with a situation where you can practice making such important decisions, and thus be better prepared for the actual exam.
FCI Mock Test Series
Oliveboard, the Online Learning Portal, provides FCI Mock Test Series to help the candidates clear the exam in one go. FCI Online Mock Tests will help you prepare for the actual exam because they will give you an idea of how the pressure and situation will be and this will help you feel more confident and more prepared. These Mock tests will also help you in judging and understanding your strengths and weaknesses so that you can work on them better.
You can Register to Oliveboard to attempt the First Free Mock Test and check the level of your exam preparation and your National Standing. Analyse your Performance with Oliveboard’s Analytics feature and get to know your Weak Areas. Get Oliveboard’s Expert Guidance to improve your score in subsequent Tests. Oliveboard’s FCI Mock Test series includes FCI Prelims and Mains Mocks, topic tests, sectional tests, 200+ Video lessons, GK Supplement, etc. Check what’s in store for you:
- 10 Mocks for Food Corporation of India 2019 Prelims
- 5 Mocks for Food Corporation of India 2019 Mains
- All Topic Tests
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions
- Video Crash course– 200+ Videos
- Lessons on All Topics
That is all from us in this blog of FCI Study Plan and Preparation Tips 2019. Remember that ‘success comes to those who work hard’. So, take your preparation to the next level, Follow this FCI Study Plan, and give all your heart & soul to the studies to fulfill your dream of clearing the exam.
All the Best!?
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- IBPS PO 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- SBI PO 2021 – Attempt Free Mock Test Here
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क राजस्थान Gram Sevak मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP Lekhpal मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें