Important topics for IBPS RRB: IBPS(Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) has released the notification for IBPS RRB Officers and Office Assistants notification 2022. More than 8000 vacancies have been released for both IBPS RRB PO and IBPS RRB clerk. As we inch closer to the IBPS RRB Prelims 2022, it is time to boost your exam preparations and set clear targets in terms of topics you will target. The IBPS RRB Prelims Exam 2022 is all about Speed and Accuracy and you need a clear view of Important Topics for the IBPS RRB PO and Clerk. To help you with that, we are here with all the Important topics asked in IBPS RRB PO and Clerk exam over the last few years. To get a clear idea of the exam pattern, use the link below to take a free mock test.
Table of Contents
Important Topics for IBPS RRB PO & Clerk Exam 2022
Here, we have compiled the important topics one should prepare for IBPS RRB Prelims exam.
|Puzzles and Seating Arrangement|
Important Topics for Quantitative Aptitude:
The Quantitative Aptitude section comprised 40 questions in both the IBPS RRB Officer Assistant (Clerk) and Officer Scale 1 (PO) Prelims exam. Practice the following topics to score well in this section.
Data interpretation is an essential part of the IBPS RRB Exam 2022.
- You can expect about 10-15 questions in the exam. Check Below the number of questions asked from DI in the previous year’s question papers.
- Data Interpretation Questions can be based upon:
- Pie Chart
- Line Chart
- Bar Graph
- Radar Graph
- Missing DI etc.
- To get a good grasp on Data Interpretation get familiar with the concepts of Average, Ratio, Percentage, profit, and loss as questions of DI are generally based on these concepts.
- Since it is prelims exams, there is a high probability of Tabular DI, Line, and Bar Graph. Mixed DI, Caselets, and Missing DI are less likely to come IBPS RRB exam in the Prelims Phase.
- The quadratic equations are yet another important topic for IBPS RRB Exam 2022.
- Once you learn the basics and tricks to solve these types of questions, they will become a cakewalk.
- In such questions, 2 quadratic equations are given and you have to get the roots (say X and Y) of these equations. Then, you need to recognize the relationship between these roots.
- Every year you can expect 5-6 questions on this topic in the IBPS RRB exam.
- Missing number series or Wrong number series are very important for IBPS RRB Exam 2022.
- You can expect 5-6 questions on this topic in the IBPS RRB exam 2022.
- Some common patterns for Number series are given below:
- Square pattern
- Cube pattern
- Prime Number pattern
- Arithmetic Progression pattern
- Multiplication pattern
- Addition/Subtraction pattern
- Combination of the above-mentioned pattern
- Practice questions of the number series to familiarize yourself with these common patterns. This will help you solve such questions in less time.
- Arithmetic is one of the most important topics for IBPS RRB Exam as a number of questions are being asked about this topic every year.
- Here is the list of topics covered under Arithmetic.
- Age-based problems
- Profit, Loss, and Discount
- Time, Work, and Wages
- Simple(SI) and Compound(CI) Interest
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Mixture and Allegation
- Time, Distance, and Speed
- Boat and Streams
- Ratio and Averages
Important Topics for Reasoning Ability
The reasoning section comprised 40 questions in both the IBPS RRB Officer Assistant (Clerk) and Officer Scale 1 (PO) Prelims exam. Practice the following topics to score well in this section.
- 5 Direct inequalities are asked constantly, but candidates must solve problems based on coded inequalities as well.
- With practice, you can easily score full marks here
Seating Arrangements & Puzzles :
- Puzzles forms 50% question at times in the IBPS RRB prelims exam.
- You can expect 10-15 questions from the puzzles and seating arrangement topic.
- These topics are:
- Linear seating arrangement
- Dual Row seating arrangement
- Circular seating arrangement
- Square seating arrangement
- Floor-based puzzles
- Scheduling – Day/Week/Year/Date/Time
- Syllogisms are based on the new pattern, i.e., Only/Only a few types.
- You can expect 5-6 questions from this topic in the exam.
- The questions generally contain 2/3 statements followed by 2/3 conclusions.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
I have been writing blog content for different exams for more than 3 years now. Being an aspirant myself and having closely worked with students and mentors, I know what kind of content an aspirant is looking for. Apart from writing content, I like watching movies.