Important Topics for Retail Banking and Wealth Management JAIIB: IIBF will hold the JAIIB Exam for 2023 around May or June. However, from 2023 onwards, the exam pattern and syllabus will be drastically changed. This goes for both JAIIB and CAIIB as well. Candidates can find these changes and comparisons between the syllabus and exam pattern in our blogs.
For JAIIB, rather than 3 papers there will now be 4 papers. LRAB has been replaced by Indian Economy and Indian Financial System. This was initially Module I of PPB. The newly introduced paper is Retail Banking and Wealth Management. This will be the focus of this blog. We will be covering important topics for retail banking and wealth management.
Table of Contents
- Important Topics for Retail Banking and Wealth Management JAIIB: Syllabus for 2023
- Important Topics for Retail Banking and Wealth Management JAIIB
- Important Topics for Retail Banking and Wealth Management JAIIB: Frequently Asked Questions
Important Topics for Retail Banking and Wealth Management JAIIB: Syllabus for 2023
Before we jump into the topics for paper 4, let us take a look at the new syllabus released by IIBF and compare it with the old syllabus:
Principles & Practices of
Accounting & Financial Management for
Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking
|A||Indian Financial System||Business Mathematics and Finance||Regulations and Compliance|
|B||Functions of Banks||Principles of Bookkeeping and Accounting||Legal Aspects of Banking Operations|
|C||Banking Technology||Final Accounts||Banking Related Laws|
|D||Support Services, Marketing of Banking||Banking Operations||Commercials Laws with Reference to Banking Operations|
|E||Ethics in Banks and Financial Institutions|
Indian Economy &
Principles & Practices of
Accounting & Financial Management for
Retail Banking & Wealth Management
|Introduction to Retail|
|B||Economic Concepts Related to banking||Lending Operations of|
and Core Banking Systems
|Retails Products and|
|Banking Technology||Financial Management||Support Services – Marketing of Banking Services / Products|
|Ethics in Banks and Financial Institutions||Taxation and Fundamentals of|
As we can see there are 4 papers rather than 3, and LRAB has been replaced by Indian Economy and Indian Financial System, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management has been introduced as a new paper.
Important Topics for Retail Banking and Wealth Management JAIIB
As you can see, Paper IV has the following modules:
- Module A: Introduction to Retail Banking
- Module B: Retails Products and Recovery
- Module C: Support Services – Marketing of Banking Services / Products
- Module D: Wealth Management
Let’s take a look at these topics briefly. Keep in mind that this is not the official syllabus. IIBF will release a detailed topic-wise syllabus at a later date. For the time being, these topics have been borrowed from the syllabus of the CAIIB elective.
1. Module A: Introduction to Retail Banking
This is basically the introductory module. It’ll cover the following topics:
- Definition and description of retail banking
- Advantages and constraints of retail banking
- Prerequisites for retail banking
- Challenges to retail banking
- Reasons for growth in the retail banking sector
- Products and services offered by the retail banking sector
2. Module B: Retail Products and Recovery
Retail products are the various products and services offered in the retail banking sector and recovery refers to mainly the recovery of loans. Some of the topics covered are as follows:
- Customer Requirement
- Product Development Process
- Credit Scoring
- Important Retail Asset Products
- Credit and Debit Cards
- Remittance Period
Recovery in Retail Banking:
- Repayment in Retail Loans
- Defaults and Rescheduling in Retail Loans
- Monitoring of Loan Accounts
- Classification of Irregular Loan Accounts
- Recovery Policy of Banks
- SARFAESI Act 2002
- Debt Recovery Tribunals
- Recovery through Lok Adalat
- Recovery Agents
3. Module C: Support Services- Marketing of Banking Services and Products
Banks also have the need to market their services. These may include, different credit and debit cards, locker facilities, loans, etc. So this module mainly covers the various sides of marketing in retail banking.
- Marketing in Retail Banking
- Delivery Channels in Retail Banking
- Customer Relationship Management in Retail Banking
- Service Standards for Retail Banking
- Technology in Retail Banking
4. Module D: Wealth Management
The topics for this subject have been taken with reference to Advanced Wealth Management, which is a Diploma course offered by the IIBF. This module mainly covers the long-term planning that is involved in various investments. The topics are as follows. For further detail, you may refer to the AWM syllabus here.
- Introduction to Financial Planning
- Risk Analysis, Insurance, and Retirement Planning
- Investment Planning, Tax Planning, and Estate Planning
IIBF has introduced Retail Banking and Wealth Management as a new subject. The increasing need for more proficient and aware banking professionals has prompted IIBF to upgrade its testing too. Further details for the new syllabus will be revealed closer to the exam time.
Important Topics for Retail Banking and Wealth Management JAIIB: Frequently Asked Questions
The new syllabus and exam pattern will be introduced in from the May/June 2023 cycle onwards.
The notification detailing the updated exam pattern and syllabus for JAIIB/CAIIB can be found here.
JAIIB’s Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking has been replaced by Paper I- Indian Economy and Indian Financial System and a new paper Paper IV – Retail Banking and Wealth Management has been introduced. Thus in total while there are 2 new papers, the number of papers candidates have to give is 4 rather than 3.
- EPFO SSA Full Form, All You Need to Know About EPFO SSA Job Profile
- BOLT – Monthly Current Affairs 2023 for Banking, SSC, Railway, UPSC Exams, Download PDF
- Upcoming Government Exams 2023 for SSC, Banking, UPSC, LIC, etc.
- SSC CHSL Answer Key 2023 Out, Check Tier 1 Response Sheet
- SSC CPO PET/PST Result 2022 Out, Direct Link to Download
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Dikshant (DJ) is an engineer turned banker. He has cleared many competitive exams before his current placement. Being an officer in the bank, DJ is super busy but makes sure that he always finds time for writing informative & exam-oriented content to help students in cracking competitive exams such as SBI, IBPS, SSC, JAIIB/ CAIIB and many more.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series