“The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today”. It is always advisable to start your preparation early on so that the entire syllabus is covered on time and you also get a chance to revise your learned portions properly. With the NHB Assistant Manager 2019 Exam scheduled on 21st April 2019, it is just 25 days left for the Online Exam. Without a further ado you should start your preparations from today only as it is great opportunity of direct recruitment to one of the Financial Regulators in the country that is National Housing Bank (NHB). Go through the NHB Exam Preparation Strategy in this blog completely to get ahead with your study and prepare better for National Housing Bank Assistant Manager Exam 2019.
For an appropriate preparation plan for the Exam, it is very important to know the Exam Pattern first. Let us glance through the syllabus first.
- NHB 2019 Exam Syllabus – Assistant Manager Exam Pattern
- NHB Exam Preparation Strategy – NHB Assistant Manager 2019 Exam
- Important Topics – Quantitative Aptitude Section:
NHB 2019 Exam Syllabus – Assistant Manager Exam Pattern
The NHB 2019 Assistant Manager Exam will have 2 stages – Online Exam and Interview. The Exam Pattern of the Online Exam is given below:
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||English & Hindi||60 minutes|
|General Awareness (with special focus on Economy & Banking) and Computer Knowledge.||50||50||English & Hindi||40 minutes|
|English Language||25||30||English & Hindi||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude (with special emphasis on Data analysis and interpretation)||35||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
(Letter writing & Essay)
NHB Exam Preparation Strategy – NHB Assistant Manager 2019 Exam
Read the Section Wise NHB 2019 Exam Preparation Strategy below:
NHB Exam Preparation Strategy – Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
Important Topics for Reasoning Section:
- Direction based/ Direction sequence
- Series completion/ analogy
- Alphabet/ Dictionary
- Blood relations
- Data Sufficiency
- Seating Arrangements
- Machine Input- Output
Tips for Reasoning Section
- You will have to solve 45 questions in a time frame of 60 minutes. The best strategy to be great in Reasoning aptitude is to practice as as many questions as possible in all the above given topics. Get acquainted with each of topics. None of them should be left unpracticed.
- After you are done with the learning, you should immediately start practicing. You can use the online practice sets for Reasoning available on various online platforms or practice using books. Always remember practice is the key. Extensive practice of any topic gives you an expertise of that topic and thus help you in solve it in no time.
- While practicing, you can simultaneously take Topic Tests and Sectional Tests so that you know where you are lacking in your preparation.
- The same applies for Full Length Mock Tests. Take a NHB Assistant Manager Mock Test regularly to enhance your solving abilities.
- After taking the full length Mock Test, do not forget to analyse the complete test. Analysis is of utmost importance. Solve the entire mock test again during analysis. This helps you understand the technique as to how to go about the a particular question. Also you get to learn the formulas, concept and also solve a variety of questions.
- This section can be the most scoring sections with adequate practice and attempting time bound tests that give you real time exam atmosphere.
NHB Exam Preparation Strategy – General Awareness
- This section carries 50 marks for 50 questions to be attempted in 40 minutes. This section can help you immensely in increasing your overall marks as this is very scoring section.
- Preparing for this section is always Work-in-Progress. You must be in a habit of getting a daily dose of GA. Read the current affairs daily so that you are not under pressure of reading and learning it all at once a few days before the exam.
- Take a lot of daily quizzes on general and financial awareness from various websites. This helps you in retention of the GA you read. While you read daily GA, give special importance to the financial news that is there. It is advisable to cover GA of at least of 6 months before the exam month.
- You can also revise the monthly GA using Oliveboard’s Banking Bolt.
- Static awareness is in some way or the other related to current affairs only.
- You can also refer to static GK awareness section here. Also you can download our Ebooks for free to enhance your knowledge.
- Visit NHB website and read the FAQs very attentively. Also try to learn the functions and roles and responsibilities of NHB.
- Also do not forget to learn about RBI.
NHB Exam Preparation Strategy – English Language
Important Topics for English section:
- Reading Comprehension – This may sound repetitive but reading articles extensively on different topics is the key to answering the questions asked here. Try practicing at least 2-3 passages daily to get hold of the topic.
For detailed tips regarding RCs refer to the below given links.
- Grammar Questions – Type of questions are mentioned below:
- Error Spotting
- Active and Passive Voice
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Idioms and Phrases
- Arrangements and Rearrangements of Sentences
First be thorough with grammar basics using standard books like Wren and Martin or Objective General English by SP Bakshi. Then start practicing the type of questions by various quizzes and then try and attempt sectional tests which will give you grip over these types of questions.
- Vocabulary – Type of questions asked are mentioned below
- Cloze Test
- Synonyms and Antonyms
Tips for English Section
- These questions might be asked directly as a standalone question or may be asked in RCs. For these reading newspapers and learning new words daily would help a lot. Also, when synonyms/antonyms are asked in RCs, try to understand the context in which a that particular word is used and then decide accordingly.
- For English Practicing is the key. Practice using as many mock tests as possible. Mock Tests will help you practice a wide variety of questions of different difficulty level. This will improve your grip over the subject and help you excel the Exam.
- Please analyse and go the solution part of the Mock Tests after you have attempted the Mock test. Analysing will help you know the topics that require your special attention.
- And the solution part of the Mock Test will show you how to go about a particular type of question.
NHB Exam Preparation Strategy – Quantitative Aptitude
- The first and the foremost thing to do for this section will be getting your basics right and clear. For those with strong mathematical abilities, it would not be much difficult as for them, it is about practicing variety of different questions and then attempting a good number of mock tests tests will do. But for those whose fundamentals are not clear, then you are advised to get it done by using online platforms.
- Attempting daily quizzes would be very good idea as it would help you brush up your basics as well as increase your speed and problem-solving capabilities.
Important Topics – Quantitative Aptitude Section:
- Simplification/ Approximation
- Problem on ages
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
- Data Interpretation Questions
- Time and work Questions
- Speed, Time and Distance Questions
- Probability Questions
- Number Series Questions
Tips for Quantitative Aptitude Section
- Your practice of each type of question and your understanding in each topic will sail you through. Attempt sectional tests and try to formulate your own strategy so that you can implement the same in the exam.
- You cannot experiment in the real exam as it would cost you very high. Instead devise your strategy through tests and then implement it in your exam.
- Solve Data Interpretation Questions daily because the Exam will focus on the Data Interpretation type questions. Try to solve 3-4 DI questions daily to have command over this topic using various online websites.
- Then you can take Topic Tests and Sectional Tests to practice this topic extensively.
So this was all from us in this blog of NHB Exam Preparation Strategy. We hope that you find it useful and benefit from it. Stay tuned to Oliveboard for more such informative blogs.
- Want to increase your Prelims score by +10?
Attempt Lockdown Live Tests – Free Daily All India Test Now
- GharPe Coaching 3.0 – Attend Free Live Classes for SBI PO & IBPS PO
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test