NIACL AO Eligibility Criteria
NIACL AO Eligibility Criteria: The New India Assurance Company Limited annually conducts the NIACL AO recruitment. Administrative Officers are recruited for Generalist as well as Specialist posts. Candidates should know the eligibility criteria before applying for any NAICL AO vacancies. This article will provide all the relevant information about NIACL AO Eligibility Criteria including the age requirements, educational qualifications, etc.
NIACL AO Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Nationality
The nationality requirements for NIACL AO 2023 are as follows-
- Indian Citizens: Candidates who are citizens of India by birth or domicile are eligible to apply for NIACL AO positions.
- Subject of Nepal/Bhutan: Candidates who are subjects of Nepal or Bhutan can also apply for NIACL AO recruitment.
- Tibetan Refugees: Tibetan refugees who came to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, are eligible to apply.
- Indian Origin Migrants from Certain Countries: Candidates of Indian origin who have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India can also apply, provided they have obtained a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
NIACL AO Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Age Requirements
The age requirements for NIACL AO 2023 are as follows-
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Maximum Age: 30 years
A candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August 1993 and not later than 1st August 2002 (both dates inclusive).
NIACL AO Eligibility Criteria – Age Relaxation
Candidates appearing for the NIACL AO exam and belonging to reserved categories should make sure to know the age relaxations they are entitled to. These are in the table below.
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe
|Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer)
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities as defined under “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”
|Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 01.08.2023 and have been released; (a) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 01.04.2021) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (b) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or (c) on invalidment. The ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as of 01.08.2021 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months’ notice on selection from the date of receipt of the offer of appointment.
|Defence service personnel disabled in operation during the hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as consequence thereof
|Existing Confirmed Employees of Public Sector General Insurance Companies (including GIC & Agriculture Insurance Company of India Ltd.)
NIACL AO Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Educational Requirements
The New India Assurance Company Limited conducts the NIACL AO exam annually to recruit suitable candidates for various positions of Administration. These are mainly Generalists and Specialists. Generalists are mainly for general administrative duties. Specialists are those who have studied or done training in a particular field like IT or Legal. This section will cover the educational requirements for these posts.
NIACL AO Generalists Educational Qualifications
A candidate must possess the minimum qualification of a graduate/post graduate in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by Central Government with at least 60% marks in either of the degree examination for General candidates and at least 55% marks for SC/ST/PwBD candidates.
NIACL AO Risk Engineers Educational Qualifications
Engineering (Graduation/ Post-graduation) in any discipline with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD)
Note: Risk Engineering primarily involves Risk analysis and assessment at insured entities considering the coverages of “property damage (fire, explosion, weather damage etc.), “machinery breakdown” and “loss of profit” associated with the material damage and/or machinery breakdown.
NIACL AO Automobile Engineers Educational Qualifications
B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech in Automobile Engineering with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD)
Graduate/Post-graduate in Mechanical Engineering with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD) together with Diploma (at least one year duration) in Automobile Engineering.
NIACL AO Legal Administrative Officer Educational Qualifications
Graduate/Post-graduate in Law with Min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD)
NIACL AO Accounts Administrative Officer Educational Qualifications
Chartered Accountant (ICAI) and Graduation/Post-graduation in any discipline with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD)
Cost and Management Accountant (The Institute of Cost Accountants of India, earlier known as ICWAI) and Graduation/Post-graduation in any discipline with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD)
MBA Finance/PGDM FINANCE* with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD)
M.COM with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD).
NIACL AO Health Admininstrative Officer Educational Qualifications
M.B.B.S / M.D. / M.S. or PG-Medical Degree
B.D.S/ M.D.S Or BAMS/BHMS (graduate or post-graduate) from a recognized University with at least 60% marks in the qualifying degree (at least 55% marks for SC/ST/PwBD candidates);
Equivalent foreign degrees which are recognized as such by the National Medical Commission (Formerly Medical Council of India), Dental Council of India, National Commission for Indian System of Medicine, National Commission for Homoeopathy (as applicable) with the prescribed benchmark.
Furthermore, the candidate must be holding a valid registration from National Medical Commission (Formerly Medical Council of India) or Dental Council of India or any State Medical or Dental Council (as applicable for Allopathy or Dental stream respectively); and National/State Commission for Indian System of Medicine or National/State Commission for Homoeopathy (as applicable for Ayurveda or Homeopathy discipline respectively) as on the date of his/her scheduled interview.
NIACL AO IT Specialists Educational Qualifications
B.E./B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech in IT or Computer Science Discipline Or M.C.A with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD)
NIACL AO Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Points to Remember
Candidates should make sure to read the the following points about the educational criteria for NIACL AO.
- Educational qualifications should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognised by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the result should be available on or before 01.08.2023.
- Candidates should submit a proper document from Board / University as proof of declaration of the result on or before 01.08.2023 at the time of interview.
- The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate of the necessary qualification as on 01.08.2023. Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 01.08.2023.
- Calculation of percentage marks: divide the total marks the candidate obtained in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours / optional / additional optional subject, if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60%.
- Where CGPA / OGPA are applicable, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms
NIACL AO Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Frequently Asked Questions
A1. The basic eligibility criteria for NIACL AO recruitment include a minimum age of 21 years and a maximum age of 30 years, along with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
A2. Yes, a graduate degree from a recognized university is mandatory for all candidates applying for NIACL AO positions.
A3. Candidates applying for specialized roles like IT, Legal, etc., need to have specific educational qualifications relevant to those fields, in addition to the general eligibility criteria.
A4. Yes, final year students can apply for NIACL AO exams, provided they meet the age and educational qualification criteria by the specified cutoff date.
A5. Yes, candidates applying for NIACL AO must be either citizens of India or subjects of Nepal/Bhutan.
A6. Yes, experienced professionals with relevant qualifications are eligible to apply for specialized NIACL AO roles like Legal or IT.
- NIACL AO Salary 2024, Check Job Profile and Pay Scale, Job Description
- NIACL AO Cut Off 2024, Check Previous Year’s Cut Off
- NIACL AO Prelims Admit Card 2024, Direct Download Link
- NIACL AO Eligibility Criteria 2024, Know Age Requirement, Education
- NIACL AO Apply Online 2024, Direct Link to Apply
- NIACL AO Exam Date 2024, Know the Schedule
I write content to help people prepare for banking exams because I have experience as an aspirant myself. My goal is to provide accurate and easy-to-understand information for candidates. I cover various topics such as exam patterns, syllabus, study techniques, and time management to support those preparing for the exams. As a former aspirant turned content writer, I want to make the information accessible and helpful for others so that they can do well in their banking and government exams and achieve their goals.