Railway Recruitment Board(RRB) has recently released the Recruitment Official Notification CEN01/2019. The RRB NTPC 2019 Exam is going to be conducted for the recruitment of 35,277 candidates for Non Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) posts. There are vacancies for both Graduate and Non-Graduate. This notification includes the post of RRB NTPC Goods Guard under the Graduate Level. This post has a total of 5728 vacancies, with Medical Standards of A-2 and the 7th CPC level being 5. In this blog we will help you understand the in-depth details of RRB NTPC Goods Guard Job Profile, Salary & Future Prospects.
RRB NTPC Goods Guard Job Profile – Duties to perform
Job Profile of a Goods Guard includes the list of duties mentioned below;
- A Goods Guard is in charge of all the technical work related to the running of a train.
- A duty of Goods Guard also includes works such as exchanging the flags or lamp signals with stations on departure and when passing through.
- A Goods Guard also checks the technical nuances related to the ‘Brake Power’ and signing the BPC (Brake Power Certificate).
- He/She has to take the responsibility to manage the condition of the train such as Vehicle Guidance Report, cross-checking safety and other requirements of the train.
- A person designated to this post has to look after the scheduling of the trains such as Late Arrivals ,travel timings on different routes.
- A Goods Guard has to cross-check all the safety requirements for any possible defects that might endanger train safety.
- A Goods Guard will have to work in shifts depending upon the schedule of respective trains as they have to be in the last wagon of the train.
Once a candidate has cleared the second stage of written exam, he/she will undergo training in the Zonal training institute where they will be acquainted with the exact nature of the job and general commercial rules of Railways.
RRB NTPC GOODS GUARD JOB PROFILE – Career Path/Promotion/Future Prospects
The Career Path for a Goods Guard are as follows;
- Goods Guard
- Passenger Guard
- Section Controller
- Chief Controller
RRB NTPC GOODS GUARD JOB PROFILE- Salary Structure
The Salary Structure of a Goods Guard including his Pay Scale, Level in 7th CPC and Initial Pay are as follows;
|(i)||Pay Scale||9300- 34800|
|(ii)||Level in 7th CPC||5|
RRB NTPC GOODS GUARD JOB PROFILE: Allowances
The various allowances that RRB NTPC employees will get are as under;
- Pension Scheme
- House Rent Allowances
- Transport Allowance
- Dearness Allowance
- Medical Benefits
RRB NTPC GOODS GUARD JOB PROFILE: Zone-Wise Vacancies
The vacancies for RRB Goods Guard as per the Zone-Wise vacancies are as follows;
|Jammu Srinagar Zone||11||5||20||8||26||70|
That is all form us in this blog on RRB NTPC GOODS GUARD JOB PROFILE,salary and Future Prospects. Keep checking this space for all the RRB NTPC 2019 Exam updates, Mock Tests, Free Study Material, etc. All the best for your preparation.