Banking exams like SBI Clerk are highly competitive examination and a huge number of applicants apply for the post. As a result, SBI conducts the Prelims exams in multiple days and multiple shifts to accommodate all aspirants. This blog contains details pertaining to the SBI Clerk shift timings & important COVID related instructions that candidates need to keep in mind. As the exam will be conducted online, candidates should carefully read instructions regarding the method of indicating answers. Instructions mentioned herein will help you in preparing for the examination better.
- SBI Clerk 2021 Notification – Overview
- SBI Clerk Shift Timings – Prelims 2021
- SBI Clerk 2021 Prelims – General Instructions for Candidates
- Details of The Online Examination Pattern – SBI Clerk Prelims
- SBI Clerk Shift Timings Prelims 2021 – FAQs
SBI Clerk 2021 Notification – Overview
|Exam Name||SBI Clerk 2021|
|Conducting Body||State Bank Of India|
|Post||Office Assistant / Clerk|
|Number of Vacancies||5121|
|SBI Clerk 2021 Online registration starts||27.04.2021|
|SBI Clerk 2021 Online registration ends||20.05.2021|
|Exam Stages of SBI Clerk 2021||Prelims, Mains, and Local Language Test|
|SBI Clerk Prelims Admit Card||Download Now|
|Preliminary exam||10th, 11th, 12th, 13th July 2021|
|Preliminary exam results||Not released yet|
|The release of the Main exam admit card||Not Announced Yet|
SBI Clerk Shift Timings – Prelims 2021
SBI Clerk prelims exams are scheduled on 10-13 July 2021 are will be held in 4 shifts and 4 days (Expected) due to COVID-19 related safety concerns. Here are the SBI Clerk Shift timings.
SBI Clerk Shift Timings for prelims exams to be held on 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th July 2021
|Shift 1||09:00 am – 10:00 am|
|Shift 2||11:30 am – 12:30 pm|
|Shift 3||02:00 pm – 03:00 pm|
|Shift 4||04:30 pm – 05:30 pm|
SBI Clerk Shift Timings, Reporting Time and Handwriting Sample Session
The following time includes the reporting time, handwriting sample, exam start timing, and the end timing for each shift.
|Event||1st shift||2nd shift||3rd shift||4th shift|
|Reporting Time||08:00 AM||10:30 AM||01:00 PM||03:30 PM|
|Handwriting Sample||8:45 to 8:50 AM||11:15 to 11:20 AM||01:45 to 01:50 PM||04:15 to 04:20 PM|
|Exam Start Time||09:00 AM||11:30 AM||02:00 PM||04:30 PM|
|Exam End Time||10:00 AM||12:30 PM||03:00 PM||05:30 PM|
SBI Clerk 2021 Prelims – General Instructions for Candidates
- Date, time and venue address of the examination given in the call letter.
- The call letter should be brought with you to the examination venue along with your recent passport size photograph duly pasted on it.
- No use of calculators (separate or with watch), books, note books or written notes, cell phones (with or without camera facility), or any other electronic device will be allowed during the examination.
- Take the call letter with your photograph affixed thereon, a photocopy of photo identity proof stapled with it and same (currently valid) photo ID in original – THIS IS ESSENTIAL.
- You should take with you a ball-point pen. Sheets of paper will be provided.
Items not allowed in the Exam Hall
- Any stationery item like textual material (printed or written), bits of papers, Geometry/Pencil Box, Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Scale, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner, Any communication device like Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Earphones, Microphone, Pager, Health Band etc.
- Other items like Goggles, Handbags, Hair-pin, Hair-band, Belt, Cap, Any watch/Wrist Watch, Camera, Any metallic item,
- Any eatable item opened or packed, water bottle (only transparent water bottle is allowed),
- Any other item which could be used for unfair means for hiding communication devices like camera, bluetooth devices etc.
You are advised to avoid wearing ornaments like Ring, Earrings, Nose-pin, Chain/Necklace, Pendants, Badge, brooch etc.
After AarogyaSetu (Mandatory) status display at the entry gate, candidates will be required to switch off their mobile phones, and deposit it at the designated location, to be collected while exiting.
SBI Clerk Prelims 2021 – Covid-19 Special Instructions
- Candidate is required to report at the exam venue strictly as per the time slot mentioned in the Call Letter
- Mapping of ‘Candidate Roll Number and the Lab Number’ will NOT be displayed outside the exam venue, but the same will be intimated to the candidates individually at the time of entry of the candidate to the exam venue.
- Candidates will be permitted to carry only certain items with them into the venue.
- Mask (WEARING A MASK is COMPULSORY)
- Personal transparent water bottle (Candidates must bring their own water bottle)
- Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
- A simple pen
- Exam related documents (Call Letter and Photocopy of the photo ID card stapled with it, same ID Card in Original.) The name on the ID and on the Call Letter should be exactly the same. g.
- In case of Scribe Candidates – Scribe form duly filled and signed with Photograph affixed. No other Items are permitted inside the venue.
- A Candidate must have AarogyaSetu App installed on his/her mobile phone
- Candidates with Moderate or High Risk Status on AarogyaSetu App will not be allowed entry.
As candidates enter the examination centre, they will be directed to their exam labs based on their roll numbers. Upon reaching there, candidates will go through a registration process. The process involves –
- Candidate registration will be done through photo capture. Photo captured will be matched with the photo uploaded by you in the application. You must NOT change your appearance from the photo uploaded by you.
- Photograph will be taken while candidate is standing.
- Seat number will be given to the candidate.
Details of The Online Examination Pattern – SBI Clerk Prelims
|Section||No. of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
- Total duration of examination is 60 minutes. [20 minutes extra for every 60 minutes (1 hour) of the examination time for candidates with disability eligible for compensatory time.]
- Sections in the question paper are displayed on the top bar of the screen. Questions in a section can be viewed by clicking on the section name. The section you are currently viewing is highlighted.
- Candidates can shuffle between tests and questions anytime during the examination as per your convenience only during the time stipulated
- Candidates will not be allowed to “finally submit” unless they have exhausted the actual test time of the examination.
- Under no circumstances should a candidate click on any of the ‘keyboard keys’ during the test once the exam starts as this will lock the exam
SBI Clerk Shift Timings Prelims 2021 – FAQs
The SBI Clerk Prelims Exam will be conducted on July 10th to 13th 2021.
The SBI Clerk Shift Timings for Prelims 2021 Shift 1 is 09:00 AM – 10:00 AM.
Due to COVID-19, Candidates are required to report at the exam venue strictly as per the time slot mentioned in their Call Letters
- [Infographic]: SBI Clerk vs IBPS Clerk
- [Video]: How To Add Numbers In Mind
- 30 Days SBI Clerk Study Plan 2020 – For Preliminary Exam
- 5 Tips To Ace SBI Clerk Local Language Test 2020
- Banking Awareness E-book : List of Payment Modes In India
- Banking Interviews: 10 Things to remember