The position of Assistant in the ministry of railways is one of the prestigious and reputed positions. Every year, thousands of aspirants apply and sit for this examination with the hopes of getting that much-desired position. However, since the examination is quite tough, you will have to give your best performance. For that, you will have to make sure that your competitive exam preparation is top-notch. Additionally, it will serve you well to have a clear idea regarding the job profile and salary structure of this position. Read on to know more about this.
Assistant in Ministry of Railway: Job profile
The job of an Assistant in the Ministry of Railways is mostly a clerical job. You will have to deal with a lot of official files and documents and make sure that they are in good condition so that they can be easily accessible when needed. Maintenance of official documents and files, safeguarding files and documents and keeping account of files and documents are predominantly the responsibilities of an Assistant. Additionally, you might also have to assist your senior officials in all sorts of work whenever needed. Another important responsibility of an Assistant in the Ministry of Railways is that you will have to complete important official documents, files, and reports. While working as an Assistant, you will have to work in Rail Bhawan in New Delhi.
Assistant in Ministry of Railway: Salary Structure
The salary structure of an Assistant in the Ministry of Railway is as follows-
|Pay scale||INR 9300- INR 34800|
|Monthly salary||INR 40000|
|Initial pay||INR 9300|
|Grade pay||INR 4600|
|Total pay||INR 13900|
Apart from all these, they also get the following allowances and benefits-
- Limited mobile bill
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) (Only if housing quarters are not provided)
- Transport Allowance (TA)
- Petrol Allowance
- Dearness Allowance on total pay (DA)
- Annual Bonus
- 3 tickets for family (AC Tier-2) (back and forth), which you will have to pay 1/3rd of the total fare amount
- 1 ticket (AC Tier-2) for your family members (back and forth), within India for free
- Railway guest houses at very reasonable and low rates
Assistant in Ministry of Railway: Career growth
The career growth of an Assistant in the Ministry of Railways is a steady one. In fact, it is currently one of the best jobs to have in this country. Read on to know more about how your career will progress if you choose to work here.
- Section Officer (You will have to work as an Assistant for seven to eight years prior to becoming eligible for Section Officer)
- Under Secretary
- Deputy Secretary
Hard work and diligence are the two traits you will need to land this respected job, and once you do so, you will be financially stable for the rest of your life. Hence, make sure that you work hard and keep an eye out for the SSC CGL exam notification.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- IBPS PO Cracker – Enroll Now and get a Huge Discount
- Enroll for IBPS RRB Cracker Course for 2019 Officer and Assistant Exam preparation
- Preparing for EPFO SSA Exam? Attempt a Free Test here
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test
- Start Preparing for RBI Grade B 2019 Exam with a FREE Mock Test