The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will be conducting Combined Graduate Level examination in 4 stages: Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 4. Tier 1 is scheduled from 29 May 2021 to 7 June 2021 as mentioned in the official notification. The examination dates for Tier 2 & Tier 3 will be released soon. Tier 1 and Tier 2 examination will be conducted online, Tier 3 will be pen and paper-based examination and Tier 4 will be computer proficiency test. The process of exam preparation always starts with going through the SSC CGL exam pattern 2020-21. To help you in forming a clear preparation strategy let’s go through the exam pattern in detail.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2020-21: Tier 1
Tier 1 will be conducted online comprising of 100 questions with a total of 200 marks. A total of 60 mins is allotted to the candidate to write the paper.
We have a total of 4 sections in Tier 1 as mentioned below:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
|S.No||Name of Test||No.of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|1||General Intelligence Reasoning||25||50||60 mins|
Note: In this paper, there is a negative marking of 0.50 for every wrong answer. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for English Comprehension in Tier-I.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2020-21: Tier 2
Tier 2 consists of 4 papers: Paper I, Paper-II, Paper III and Paper IV and will be conducted online. Each paper comprises of 100 questions with maximum marks of 200. A total of 120 mins is allotted to the candidate to write the paper.
We have a total of 4 papers in Tier 2 as mentioned below:
- Quantitative Ability
- English Language Comprehension
- General Studies (Finance & Economics & Governance)
|Paper||Name of Test||No.of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|I||Quantitative Ability||100||200||120 mins|
|II||English Language Comprehension||100||200|
|IV||General Studies (Paper-I Finance & Economics & Paper-II Governance)||100||200|
Note: The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for Paper-II English Comprehension.
There are a few highlights that are needed to be kept in mind when we go for the preparation of Tier 2. Read below to know:
- In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV.
- In Tier-II, Paper-I and Paper-II are compulsory for all the posts
- Paper-III of Tier-II will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and Statistical Investigator Grade-II in the office of Registrar General, India (M/o Home Affairs) and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for these Posts.
- In Tier-II, Paper-IV will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-IV i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2020-21: Tier 3
Tier 3 will be descriptive paper and will be pen and paper-based examination. Candidates will be given a total of 60 minutes for this exam and will be in English/Hindi.
|S.No||Name of Test||Max Marks||Duration|
|1||Descriptive Paper in English / Hindi (Writing of Essay, Precis, Letter, Application, etc.)||100||60 mins|
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2020-21: Tier 4
The SSC CGL exam is conducted for various types of profiles, hence, in this stage post specific test/verification is done. It could be either of the following:-
- Computer Proficiency Test
- Skill Test (wherever applicable)
- Document Verification
This was all from us in this blog, SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2020-21. Stay tuned with Oliveboard for more such blogs.
SSC CGL Mock Test Series:
- 30 Mock Tests (in Hindi & English) in New Pattern with Detailed Solutions for SSC CGL Tier 1
- 20 Mock Tests (10 Quant, 10 English) with Detailed Solutions for SSC CGL Tier 2
- Sectional Tests
- GK Supplements
- Video Crash course – 200+ Videos
- Lessons on All Topics
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – FREE monthly general awareness Ebook
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Join SSC CHSL 2021 Crash Course for Complete Exam Practice
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test