With the announcement of the SSC CPO exam, the thrill and excitement to prepare for the exam is already in the full swing. The position of sub-inspector in Delhi Police & CAPF is a reputed position and many aspirants wait for this recruitment every year. Now with your preparations undergoing, we have brought this article to help you learn more. In this, we will provide you with SSC CPO Notes on Chief Justice of India (Appointment & Procedure along with the List of CJI’s to date).
Let’s start with the article to know more about the Chief Justice of India.
1. SSC CPO Notes – How is CJI Appointed?
The following is the procedure of appointment of Chief Justice of India as per the Memorandum from the Department of Justice (Govt. of India)
The Chief Justice of India and the Judges of the Supreme Court are appointed by the President under clause (2) of Article 124 of the Constitution.
President holds a meeting with the senior judges of the High Court & the Supreme Court to propose the name of the most suitable candidate.
Appearing for SSC CPO? Register Here for A Free Mock Test
1.1 CHIEF JUSTICE OF INDIA:
- Appointment to the office of the Chief Justice of India should be of the senior-most Judge of the Supreme Court considered fit to hold the office. The Union Minister of Law, Justice and Company Affairs would, at the appropriate time, seek the recommendation of the outgoing Chief Justice of India for the appointment of the next Chief Justice of India.
- Whenever there is any doubt about the fitness of the senior-most Judge to hold the office of the Chief Justice of India, consultation with other Judges as envisaged in Article 124 (2) of the Constitution would be made for the appointment of the next Chief Justice of India.
- After receipt of the recommendation of the Chief Justice of India, the Union Minister of Law, Justice and Company Affairs will put up the recommendation to the Prime Minister who will advise the President in the matter of appointment.
Start Preparing for SSC CPO With A Register Here for A Free Mock Test
2. Duties of Chief Justice of India
As the Chief Justice of India Following Duties are being carried by an individual:
- The CJI heads their administrative functions.
- As head of the supreme court, the chief justice is responsible for the allocation of cases and appointment of constitutional benches which deal with important matters of law.
- Maintenance of the roster; appointment of court officials and general and miscellaneous matters relating to the supervision and functioning of the Supreme Court.
Now let’s have a look at the list of CJI’s who have handled the office to date since the time constitution came into effect in 1950.
3. SSC CPO Notes – List of CJI’s of India
|Name||Date of Apointment||Date of retirement|
|H J Kania||26-Jan-50||06-Nov-51|
|M. Patanjali Sastri||07-Nov-51||03-Jan-54|
|Mehr Chand Mahajan||04-Jan-54||22-Dec-54|
|Bijan Kumar Mukherjea||23-Dec-54||31-Jan-56|
|Sudhi Ranjan Das||01-Feb-56||30-Sep-59|
|Bhuvaneshwar Prasad Sinha||01-Oct-59||31-Jan-64|
|P. B. Gajendragadkar||01-Feb-64||15-Mar-66|
|Amal Kumar Sarkar||16-Mar-66||29-Jun-66|
|Koka Subba Rao||30-Jun-66||11-Apr-67|
|Kailas Nath Wanchoo||12-Apr-67||24-Feb-68|
|Jayantilal Chhotalal Shah||17-Dec-70||21-Jan-71|
|Sarv Mittra Sikri||22-Jan-71||25-Apr-73|
|Ajit Nath Ray||26-Apr-73||27-Jan-77|
|Mirza Hameedullah Beg||28-Jan-77||21-Feb-78|
|Yeshwant Vishnu Chandrachud||22-Feb-78||11-Jul-85|
|Prafullachandra Natwarlal Bhagwati||12-Jul-85||20-Dec-86|
|Raghunandan Swarup Pathak||21-Dec-86||18-Jun-89|
|Engalaguppe Seetharamiah Venkataramiah||19-Jun-89||17-Dec-89|
|Kamal Narain Singh||25-Nov-91||12-Dec-91|
|Madhukar Hiralal Kania||13-Dec-91||17-Nov-92|
|Lalit Mohan Sharma||18-Nov-92||11-Feb-93|
|Manepalli Narayana Rao Venkatachaliah||12-Feb-93||24-Oct-94|
|Aziz Mushabber Ahmadi||25-Oct-94||24-Mar-97|
|Jagdish Sharan Verma||25-Mar-97||17-Jan-98|
|Madan Mohan Punchhi||18-Jan-98||09-Oct-98|
|Adarsh Sein Anand||10-Oct-98||31-Oct-01|
|Sam Piroj Bharucha||01-Nov-01||05-May-02|
|Bhupinder Nath Kirpal||06-May-02||07-Nov-02|
|Gopal Ballav Pattanaik||08-Nov-02||18-Dec-02|
|V. N. Khare||19-Dec-02||01-May-04|
|S. Rajendra Babu||02-May-04||31-May-04|
|Ramesh Chandra Lahoti||01-Jun-04||31-Oct-05|
|Yogesh Kumar Sabharwal||01-Nov-05||13-Jan-07|
|K. G. Balakrishnan||14-Jan-07||12-May-10|
|S. H. Kapadia||12-May-10||28-Sep-12|
|Rajendra Mal Lodha||27-Apr-14||27-Sep-14|
|H. L. Dattu||28-Sep-14||02-Dec-15|
|T. S. Thakur||03-Dec-15||03-Jan-17|
|Jagdish Singh Khehar||04-Jan-17||27-Aug-17|
|Sharad Arvind Bobde||18-Nov-19||Incumbent|
The Current Chief Justice of India, Sri Sharad Arvind Bobde is the 47th Chief Justice of India.
3. SSC CPO 2020 Exam Preparation
To help you prepare for the exam in the most efficient way we have devised a day-wise study plan for SSC CPO 2020. This study plan will help you retain the learned concepts and practice more and more to get the edge.
Click on the link here & get the complete study plan.
3.1 Grab Free eBooks On Our Platform
You can download 200+ ebooks important for SSC, Banking, Railway, Insurance, and other government exams here.
That brings us to the end of this article. SSC CPO Study notes on CJI & complete study plan will help you get an edge over your preparation. Follow a regular study plan and devise a schedule till the exam date and you will ace the exam for sure.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – Our Monthly General Awareness free e-book
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now