SSC MTS Full Form
SSC MTS Full Form: SSC MTS is a national level exam conducted by SSC for the recruitment of candidates in Group-C non-gazetted, non-ministerial posts in various ministries, departments, and offices of the Govt. of India.
In this blog, we will be learning about the SSC MTS Full form and SSC MTS exam.
SSC MTS Full Form – Overview
|Exam Name||SSC MTS|
|SSC MTS Full Form||Staff Selection Commission Multi Tasking Staff|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|SSC official website||https://ssc.nic.in/|
|SSC Eligibility Criteria||Age limit – 18 to 25 years and 27 years (for some posts) and Educational Qualification – 10th Standard or Matriculation passed.|
|Application fee||Rs 100 (UR/ OBC/ EWS Male), Fees exempted for other categories and females|
|Selection Process||Stage 1 – Paper 1 CBT (Objective)|
Stage 2 – Paper 2 Descriptive Test ( English or any Language included in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution)
Stage 3 – Document Verification
|Exam mode||Online and Offline|
|Exam Duration||Paper 1: 90 minutes|
Paper 2: 45 minutes
SSC MTS Full Form in English
The SSC MTS full form is Staff Selection Commission Multitasking Staff. It is a national-level exam for recruiting candidates for various non-technical posts in various ministries, departments, and offices of the Govt. of India.
SSC MTS Exam is being organized by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for recruiting eligible candidates in various non-technical posts such as:
- Junior Gestetner Operator
- Mali etc.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of the different tiers of SSC MTS is discussed here in detail.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern – Paper 1
|Subject||No. Of Questions||Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
Important points for SSC MTS Paper 1 Exam Pattern:
- The time duration for paper 1 is 90 minutes.
- The time duration for visually handicapped candidates is 120 minutes.
- Paper 1 consists of 100 questions carrying 1 mark each.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 or 1/4th mark deducted for every wrong answer.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern – Paper-II (Descriptive)
Paper 2 will be a descriptive test in which the candidate has to write a short essay or letter in English or any other language mentioned under the 8th Schedule of the Constitution.
|Subject||Max Marks||Total Time|
|Short Essay and Letter in English or any Language included in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution||50 (25+25)||45 minutes (60 minutes for PwD candidates)|
Important points for SSC MTS Paper 2 Exam Pattern:
- The Paper 2 exam is descriptive in nature and will be of pen and paper exam.
- The duration of the exam for general candidates is 45 minutes.
- The duration of the exam for visually handicapped students is 60 minutes.
- Candidates who qualify for paper 1 will be eligible to appear for paper 2.
- Candidates must write a short essay and a letter in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the constitution.
SSC MTS 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for SSC MTS 2022 is based on the following factors:
A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- The age limits for the posts as per the Recruitment Rules of various User Departments are:
- 18-25 years (i.e. candidates born not before 02-01-1997 and not later than 01-01-2004) for MTS
- 18-27 years (i.e. candidates born not before 02-01-1995 and not later than 01-01-2004) for few posts of MTS.
|Code No.||Category||Age-relaxation permissible|
|1||SC/ ST||5 years|
|3||PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|4||PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|5||PwD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application.|
|8||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||03 years|
|9||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST)||08 years|
|10||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.||Up to 40 years of age.|
|11||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ ST).||Up to 45 years of age.|
|12||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age.|
The candidates must have passed the Matriculation Examination or equivalent from a recognized Board.
SSC MTS Syllabus
SSC MTS is conducted in 2 tiers and each tier of the exam has a different syllabus. Let’s take a look at the detailed syllabus.
Paper – I Syllabus
|Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness||General Intelligence & Reasoning||English Language|
|Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and the relationship between Numbers, Fundamental Arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Mixtures and Allegation, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Data Interpretation, Statistical Chart, Use of Tables and Graphs, Geometry, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, Trigonometry, etc.||India and its Neighboring Countries, Award-Winning Books, Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economics, General Polity including Indian Constitution, Current Affairs, Science – Inventions & Discoveries, Awards and Honors, Scientific Researches, Static General Knowledge||Similarities and differences, Space visualization, Problem-solving, analysis, judgment, Coding-Decoding, Decision making, Visual memory, Venn Diagrams, Discriminating observation, Relationship concepts, Figure Classification, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Embedded figures, Semantic Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic Operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Arithmetical number series, Non-verbal series, etc.||Spot the Error, Cloze Passage, Reading Comprehension, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting misspelled words, Idioms & Phrases, One Word Substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect Narration, Sentence Rearrangement|
Paper – II Syllabus
The Paper will be set in Hindi, English, and other languages mentioned in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution to test basic language skills commensurate with the educational qualification prescribed for the post. Candidates will be required to write one short essay and a letter.
SSC MTS Job Profile
The various roles and responsibilities included in the SSC MTS job profile are as follows:
- Maintaining general cleanliness and upkeep of the Section or the Unit
- Carrying files and papers within the building and within departments.
- Photocopying, sending of fax, etc internally as well as to various departments
- Physical maintenance of records of the Section
- Other non-clerical work
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.