EX YUDH ABHYAS-23
The 19th installment of “EXERCISE YUDH ABHYAS” is scheduled to take place from September 25th to October 8th, 2023, at Fort Wainwright in Alaska, USA. This annual exercise is a collaborative effort between the Indian Army and the United States Army. In the previous iteration, the exercise was held in Auli, Uttarakhand, in November 2022.
In this edition of the Exercise, an Indian Army contingent consisting of 350 personnel will actively participate. The leading battalion representing India is affiliated with the MARATHA Light Infantry Regiment. On the U.S. side, the 1-24 Infantry Battalion from the 1st Brigade Combat Team will be involved. The primary objective for both sides is to conduct a series of tactical drills aimed at improving their ability to work together in UN peacekeeping operations.
Additionally, personnel from both Indian and U.S. forces will engage in extensive discussions to exchange their experiences and share best practices. The overarching theme of the Exercise is ‘Employment of an Integrated Battle Group in Mountain/Extreme Climatic Conditions,’ aligned with Chapter VII of the United Nations mandate.
Aim of the Exercise YUDH ABHYAS 2023
The Exercise will also encompass the sharing of insights and best practices in various combat skills, spanning combat engineering, obstruction clearance, and expertise in countering mines and Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs). “EX YUDH ABHYAS-23” serves as a platform for both the Indian and U.S. Armies to engage in mutual learning, fostering the growth of camaraderie and strengthening the bonds between these two military forces.
The schedule for this Exercise will encompass a Command Post Exercise and in-depth academic discussions by experts on specific subjects. The Field Training Exercise will include several key components:
- Validation of Integrated Battle Groups at the Brigade level against potential hostile forces.
- Validation of the Integrated Surveillance Grid at both Brigade and Battalion levels.
- Utilization of Heliborne and Airborne elements, as well as Force Multipliers.
- Verification of logistics and casualty management procedures during operational activities.
- Drills for evacuation and providing combat medical aid, especially in High Altitude Areas and Extreme Climatic Conditions.
These activities aim to enhance the preparedness and capabilities of both Indian and U.S. forces in challenging environments.
- 04 March 2024 Current Affairs in English
- National Safety Day 2024 (4th March), Theme, History, Significance
- International Day for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Awareness 2024 (5th March)
- International Women’s Day 2024 (8th March), Theme, Significance
- CISF Raising Day 2024 (10th March), History & Significance
- Centre Launches Sale of ‘Bharat Atta’ at an MRP of ₹ 27.50/Kg