TDB’s Support for Innovative Water Management: The TAMARA Project
TAMARA Project: In a significant step towards responsible waterbody management and environmental preservation, the Technology Development Board (TDB) is providing support to M/s Bariflo Labs Private Limited, Odisha, for their pioneering venture “Development and Commercialization of Intelligent Water Body Management System (IWMS)-TAMARA.” TDB’s approval of ₹89.00 lakhs contributes to the project’s overall cost of ₹150.00 lakhs.
Addressing Water Scarcity: AMRUT 2.0’s Importance
As the world confronts the challenges of depleting water resources, the efforts of the Government of India gain even greater significance. Notably, the AMRUT 2.0 initiative emerges as a significant stride, with a specific focus on conserving vital water bodies and championing circular water economy practices. This mission holds a dual purpose: rejuvenating water bodies and curtailing water wastage, all while enhancing urban planning strategies. It harmonizes seamlessly with the concept of the Blue Economy, advocating for sustainable utilization of ocean resources to drive economic progress while safeguarding marine ecosystems.
Revolutionizing Water Management through Innovation: AMRUT 2.0 & TAMARA Project
At the heart of this project lies an ingenious aeration system empowered by sensors and IoT technology, aimed at comprehensive water quality management. This innovative approach not only enhances conventional methods of water and wastewater treatment but also ensures the cleanliness and vitality of water bodies and aquaculture ponds.
Elements of the Intelligent Water Body Management System:
The project introduces a holistic system driven by AI and IoT, surpassing mere monitoring to actively participate in the betterment of water bodies. The key components encompass:
- Smart Sediment Aeration System: Robotic diffuser aerators vertically infuse oxygen into water bodies, benefitting both freshwater and saline environments.
- Smart Climate-Driven Water Quality Monitoring System: A mobile system assesses water quality from bottom to surface, controlling nutrient levels and oxygen content.
- Smart Weed Harvester System (PLASHBOT): This technology-driven system identifies, removes, and manages unwanted aquatic plants, employing smart navigation.
- Communication System and Data Protection: Ensures secure data transmission between devices, safeguarding critical information.
Technological Leap for Waterbody Management:
The project’s innovation lies in deploying robots, IoT, and AI within a framework attuned to weather and water quality. The system optimizes oxygen and nutrient levels, ensuring an environment conducive to aquatic life. This practical solution represents a significant advancement in water body management.
TDB’s Commitment to Environmental Transformation:
Shri Rajesh Kumar Pathak, Secretary of TDB, underscores the board’s commitment to driving positive environmental changes. TDB’s endorsement of TAMARA underscores its dedication to a greener, more sustainable future. This initiative resonates with government programs like Namami Gange and Jal Shakti Abhiyan, reflecting India’s drive to revive and shield its water bodies. The project encapsulates India’s determination to ensure water security for its citizens while prioritizing ecological resilience.
- SSC CHSL Final Result 2023 Out, Check Cut Off and Merit List PDF
- HPPSC HPAS Eligibility Criteria 2024, Age Limit, Qualifications
- AP TET Answer Key 2024 for Paper 1 & 2, Direct Download Link
- HPSC HCS Result 2024 Out, Download Selection List PDF
- DSSSB Admit Card 2024 Out For Various Posts, Download PDF