The Hindu newspaper is treated as the Bible by the various exam aspirants be it Bank Exam aspirants, SSC aspirants or UPSC aspirants. Reading the editorial section of the newspaper daily has two-fold benefits: (a) It gives the editor’s views on the latest happenings in India and the world, (b) It also helps enhance English vocabulary. In this blog of “The Hindu Vocabulary PDF Download 2020”, we have come up with a list of difficult words taken from the Hindu Editorials, their meanings, synonyms, antonyms and the correct usage of the words. Read along to understand it better.
- 1. The Hindu Vocabulary PDF Download – January 2020
- 2. The Hindu Vocabulary PDF Download – February 2020
- 3. The Hindu Vocabulary PDF Download – March 2020
- 4. Steps to download the Free Ebooks
- 5. Daily Vocabulary – April 2020
- 6. The Hindu Editorial Month Wise PDFs – Download Here
- 7. Free Mock Tests Links:
- 8. Oliveboard Edge 2020 – Online Exam Preparation Platform
1. The Hindu Vocabulary PDF Download – January 2020
Download the free PDF Vocabulary Booster January 2020 from the link provided below.
2. The Hindu Vocabulary PDF Download – February 2020
Download the free PDF Vocabulary Booster February 2020 from the link provided below:
3. The Hindu Vocabulary PDF Download – March 2020
Download the free PDF Vocabulary Booster March 2020 from the link provided below:
4. Steps to download the Free Ebooks
Follow the below-given steps to easily download the “The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Booster” for January & February.
1. Click on the download link given above.
2. Login using your Email id and Password.
3. If you are not a registered user, then go to the top right side of the screen and click on “Register”. It is a simple process. You would need to put up your email id, a password (of your choice), your mobile number and click on register.
4. You would be shown a list of all eBooks that are free to download.
5. So that you don’t need to put an extra effort finding the “The Hindu Editorial eBook”, click on the “preparation tips” menu option and you would be redirected to the Vocabulary Booster eBooks.
5. Daily Vocabulary – April 2020
The Hindu Editorial Daily Vocabulary – 1 April 2020
|Words||Meanings & Synonyms||Antonyms||Usage|
|At the top of the pile||In a high or very important position||With this promotion, he will be at the top of the pile.|
|Unleash||Cause a strong or violent force to be released or become unrestrained.
Release, Free, Loose, Unbridle
|Restrain||At worst, nuclear war could be unleashed.|
Jubilant, Thrilled, Triumphant, Delighted
|Sorrowing, Gloomy||As the election results came in, her mood became exultant.|
|Mind-numbing||So extreme or intense as to prevent normal thought.
or extremely boring.
Arid, Boring, Colorless, Drab, Dreary,
|Absorbing, Engaging, Engrossing, Gripping, Interesting, Intriguing, Involving, Riveting||How make sense of the mind-numbing variety encountered in different cultures?|
|Jingoistic||Characterized by extreme patriotism, especially in the form of aggressive or warlike foreign policy.
|When the war began many people were caught up in a wave of jingoism.|
|Distraught||Very worried and upset.
Distressed, Fraught, Devastated
|Self-collected, Gladdened, Tranquil, Self-composed||The missing child’s distraught parents made an emotional appeal for information on TV.|
|Frenzy||A state or period of uncontrolled excitement or wild behaviour.
Hysteria, Madness, Mania, Insanity
|Calm, Composure, Collectedness, Coolness, Sanity||There was a frenzy of activity in the financial markets yesterday.|
|Vicious||Deliberately cruel or violent.
Brutal, Ferocious, Savage, Violent
|Gentle, Kindly, Benevolent||Every soul on earth, virtuous or vicious, shall perish.|
|Override||Use one’s authority to reject or cancel (a decision, view, etc.
Disallow, Overrule, Countermand, Veto
|Allow, Accept||You can override the cut-out by releasing the switch.|
|Quibble||A slight objection or criticism about a trivial matter.
|The reason, Argue, Enunciate, Investigate, Discuss||There’s no point quibbling over a couple of dollars.|
6. The Hindu Editorial Month Wise PDFs – Download Here
7. Free Mock Tests Links:
Take up a Free Mock Test for the exam that you are targetting and understand the level of your preparation. See where you stand when compared to your peers.
Some Free Mock Tests Links: Register Here for a Free Test.
8. Oliveboard Edge 2020 – Online Exam Preparation Platform
Unlimited Access: Exam Courses, Any Time at your Fingertips
For Bank, Insurance, SSC & Railways Exam.
Now don’t wait for any exam notification to come. Start preparing for it whenever you want.
- Prepare for RBI Assistant 2019 Exam with Mock Tests & Live Classes Here
- SSC CGL Brahamstra – Join Practice-based Online Tuition for SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam
- Attempt a Free IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test here
- SSC CHSL 2019 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test