As Per the RRB Group D exam pattern 2020, the test consists of four sections, Mathematics, General Science, General Awareness and Current Affairs, and General Intelligence and Reasoning. RRB Group D Mathematics section is one of the crucial areas for a candidate in the merit list of the RRB Group D Exam. Candidates can go through the fundamental concepts and formulas of Mathematics and by devoting at least 3-4 hours per day to this section, then candidates can easily crack this section with high marks. Revising regularly all the topics is conceivably the only key when it comes to the RRB Group D mathematics preparation. Total marks for the exam are 100 and 25 out of the total marks are assigned to the Mathematics Section.
Tips for RRB Group D Mathematics
RRB Group D Mathematics preparation strategy and few tips are given below:
- When you are starting your preparation, do not go for short cut methods. Try to learn the fundamental of all the topics and clear all doubts about each topic. Once you have confidence over these topics, then you can switch to shortcuts or tricks for quick calculations.
- You need to give proper time to every topic which is given in the syllabus of the examination. First try to focus on the weak areas, where you have less or no confidence, and spend more time practicing on your weak areas. Secondly practice regularly those topics in which are your strength areas but allocate a little less time for that. While solving each question, try to spend less than 45 seconds.
- Once you are well-versed with all topics, then try to increase calculation speed. For this, candidates should be learned short tricks methods in maximum topics which will help in saving time for solving tough questions in the exam.
- For faster calculation, memorize tables, squares, square roots, cube, cube roots, fraction to percentage table, etc. which will also help you to gain accuracy and speed.
- If you are lacking with any short trick, then avoid to use this short-cut method as which may lead to confusion and wrong answer.
- Try to solve the last two-three years’ previous years papers and take mock tests on a daily basis.
Important Topics for Mathematics
Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work; Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square Root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern, etc.
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- SBI PO Mock Recruitment drive – Thrill of full Recruitment process – Register Now
- Crack All IBPS Exams – Join Mega Banking Online Course Now
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE mock Test Now
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here