SSC CGL Document Verification: SSC CGL is conducted to recruit candidates in Group “B” and “C” posts of various ministries of the Central Government. SSC CGL 2023 Notification has been released officially on the website of SSC. Candidates who are willing to apply for the recruitment must be aware of the document verification procedure.
Once the candidates qualify for Tier-1 and Tier-2 then they are called for document verification. In Document Verification, candidates need to submit their Identity Proof, Educational Degrees, and more documents. In this blog, we will provide you with all the details regarding the SSC CGL Document Verification.
SSC CGL Document Verification 2023
The Document Verification procedure will be conducted by the respective department in which the candidates will be posted. Candidates have to submit their documents to the departments and get them verified to be eligible to join their posts officially. We have mentioned below the document verification procedure in the detail to provide a better idea to the candidates.
- All the candidates qualified for Document Verification are required to appear for Document Verification along with the photocopies and original documents.
- Preference for various posts and departments will be taken from the candidates through Online Option Form on the website of the Commission before the declaration of the final result. A candidate will not be considered for a Post and Ministry/ Department/ Organization, if he has not indicated his preference for it. Options once submitted shall be treated as final and will not be changed subsequently under any circumstances.
- Candidates, who do not submit their post preference(s) on the website of the Commission within the stipulated time, will not be considered for any post in the Final Result.
- While giving preference for the posts/ Departments online, the candidates may note that the following posts have specific requirements of Physical Standards, Physical Tests, and Medical Standards:
- Inspector (Central Excise)-CBIC
- Inspector (Examiner)-CBIC
- Inspector (Preventive Officer)-CBIC
- Sub-Inspector-CBN Ministry of Finance
- Sub-Inspector/ Junior Intelligence Officer in NCB
- MHA Sub-Inspector-CBI
- Candidates have to bring two passport-size recent color photographs and one original Photo ID Proof while appearing for the Document Verification.
- Candidates will have to submit copies of the following documents:
- Matriculation/ Secondary Certificate.
- Educational Qualification Certificate.
- Caste/ Category Certificate, if belongs to reserved categories.
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities Certificate in the required format, if applicable.
- For Ex-Servicemen (ESM): Discharge Certificate, if discharged from the Armed Forces. Relevant Certificate if seeking any age relaxation. Certificate as by the Central Government Civilian Employees. No Objection Certificate, in the case already employed in Government/ Government undertakings.
- For a candidate who claims a change in name after matriculation on marriage or remarriage or divorce, etc. the following documents shall be submitted:
- In case of marriage of women: Photocopy of Husband’s passport showing names of spouses or an attested copy of marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriage or an Affidavit from husband and wife along with a joint photograph duly sworn before the Oath Commissioner;
- In case of re-marriage of women: Divorce Deed/ Death Certificate as the case may be in respect of first spouse; and photocopy of present husband’s passport showing names of spouse or an attested copy of marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriage or an Affidavit from the husband and wife along with joint photograph duly sworn before the Oath Commissioner.
- In case of divorce of women: Certified copy of Divorce Decree and Deed Poll/ Affidavit duly sworn before the Oath Commissioner.
- In other circumstances for change of name for both male and female: Deed Poll/ Affidavit duly sworn before the Oath 28Commissioner and paper cuttings of two leading daily newspapers in original (One daily newspaper should be of the area of applicant’s permanent and present address or nearby area) and Gazette Notification.
We hope this blog gave you a brief description of the SSC CGL Document Verification 2023. To read more such blogs, visit the Oliveboard website!
- 2 December Current Affairs 2023 in English
- National Pollution Control Day 2023, Theme, History, Objectives
- World Computer Literacy Day 2023, History, Theme & Significance
- International Day for the Abolition of Slavery 2023, Theme & History
- APAAR One Nation One ID Card, Complete Information
|Why SSC CGL is called a “Mini IAS”?||SSC CGL Notification 2023|
|SSC CGL Selection Process||SSC CGL Application Form|
SSC CGL Document Verification- Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. After the final result, candidates will be given government departments as per their ranks and preferences. The respective departments conduct the document verification of the candidates.
Ans. SSC CGL Tier-1 will be conducted from 14th July to 27th July 2023.
Hey everyone, I’m Vaishnavi Kumari, an edtech writer and a dedicated aspirant for government exams, including banking and SSC exams. Having worked with several edtech platforms, I am committed to providing you with essential and accurate information to ace these exams. With my experience as both a writer and an aspirant, I understand your needs and challenges, and my aim is to make your preparation journey smoother. I’ll focus on specific sections of the exams, compiling comprehensive and helpful content that covers the crucial topics, tips, and strategies you need to succeed. Let’s conquer these exams together!