Read the success story of Abhishek Chaurasia, who has cleared 3 banking and 1 insurance exam in the past. He made the utmost use of his financial background during his preparation. He says one shouldn’t copy the strategy of others rather work on their own strengths and weaknesses.
Success Story of Abhishek Chaurasia
Hello, my name is Abhishek Chaurasia. Born and brought up in Gorakhpur (UP). I have done B. Tech (Mechanical Engineering) 2013-17 and MBA (Finance) 2017-19. Got the campus placement, placed in Vivo, left in 1 month and started preparing for banking exams in August 2019. In January 2020, I cracked IBPS Clerk and LIC Assistant in my very first attempt. Got Punjab National Bank but joined LIC rather and currently working in LIC for the last 13 months.
My preparation journey started in August 2019 when I was new to banking and luckily from that day I have been able to crack all the exams in my first attempt. I started my preparation with a schedule and made my strategy to crack these exams. No doubt, my background helped me a lot in this journey as I’m good in both English and Math, so it was a little easy for me to tackle these exams. I can say for a fresher it was not easy to handle the competition but hard work is the key to every problem.
Exams I have cleared:-
- SBI PO 2020
- IBPS RRB PO 2020
- IBPS Clerk 2019
- LIC Assistant 2019
Subject-wise Strategy of Abhishek
I took some mock tests to know about the type of questions asked in such exams. Now as I said my background helped me, and I found English is my strength in comparison to Maths and Reasoning.
I started practicing reasoning from various online study channels. In between, I selected a playlist where all the topics of Quant were available and started watching one by one. After one month I started building a level that was visible in my mock tests. I divided my time for every subject, and parallelly
I was also covering current affairs from different sources. I referred to only two sources which were more than enough for me. Anyways coming to mock tests I took it from Oliveboard, practiced around 15 mock tests for prelims.
I remember the first mock I saw on Oliveboard, one thing was pretty clear in my mind that I’m going to play it on my strength. I decided to score more in English and Current affairs and that was the strategy I adopted. Prepared CA of last 4-5 months from a few YouTube sources and used Oliveboard monthly bolt (quick revision).
Now I had to score decent marks in Maths and reasoning and for that, I started attempting mock tests and practiced some high-level questions from there.
For banking awareness, I took Oliveboard Bolt, and as I have done my MBA in finance, my financial awareness was good. Before mains, I attempted some 6-7 full-length mock tests and all from Oliveboard. (I’m a big fan of their mains question type in mock tests).
- Oliveboard BOLT Current Affairs in Hindi  – Monthly PDF capsule
- Bolt – Monthly Current Affairs PDF | Free GK eBook Download
- Static GK BOLT For Government Exams – Free General Knowledge PDF Notes
Quant and Reasoning I’ll sum up both in short as I found the type of question asked in SBI and IBPS PO was tricky and for that, I needed a different approach so that I don’t get panicked in mains. I watched some free sessions available on YouTube and got an idea about handling questions and the logic behind those questions.
Now for practice, I preferred mock tests and practiced subject-wise questions for both Math and reasoning.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Role of Oliveboard in Abshishek’s Success
I believe in terms of mock tests. Oliveboard is still the champion and that’s why I preferred mock tests from Oliveboard. I hadn’t attempted a single mock test from any other sources for mains and all credit for my performance in the mains exam undoubtedly goes to you guys. Apart from that, all the video sessions on this channel helped me a lot (especially those bolt lectures as they provided quick revision). I still recommend Oliveboard mock tests to everyone who is into these preparations.
Abhishek’s Tips for Aspirants
I have seen many students who are looking for shortcuts and this is where they fail. Don’t copy anyone’s strategy blindly rather work on your weakness and try to make your own strategy based on your strengths. Follow a good source for both GA and mock tests as this is very crucial in cracking these exams.
More Success Stories To Rejoice Hard Work
- Success Story of Pronab Banik | Cleared IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1
- Success Story of Karan Pratap Singh | Cleared IBPS RRB PO 2020
- Success Story of Shikhar Dwivedi | Cleared IBPS RRB Officer Scale I
- Success Success Story of Mansi Arora | Cleared IBPS RRB PO 2020
- Inspiring Success Story of Rizwan | Cleared 4 Bank Exams
- Success Story of Irfan Ishaq Shah | Cleared JK Panchayat & JK Bank PO
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now