Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has released the notification for recruitment to the post of Review Officer (RO)/ Samiksha Adhikari and Assistant Review Officer (ARO)/Sahayak Samiksha Adhikari. A total of 337 vacancies are available, of which 228 vacancies will be filled through RO/ARO General Recruitment and 109 vacancies through RO/ARO Special Recruitment. The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has announced the Exam Date as 5th December 2021, on its official website. With the help of a proper study plan, it is easier to crack this exam. In this blog, we will provide you with the UPPSC RO/ARO Prelims exam Strategy, which will help you analyze how you can attempt the exam and what your preparation strategy should be.
- UPPSC RO/ ARO Exam Pattern
- UPPSC RO/ ARO Complete Preparation Guide?
- How To Download The Free ebook?
- UPPSC RO/ ARO exam Prelims preparation Strategy 2021 – subject-wise Approach:
- Step-by-Step UPPSC Preparation Tips For RO/ARO Exam
- UPPSC RO/ARO Exam: General Tips and Tricks
- UPPSC RO/ARO Course Highlights:
- UPPSC RO/ARO Selection Batch–Features
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
UPPSC RO/ ARO Exam Pattern
The UPPSC RO/ PRO exam pattern help candidates create a preparation strategy as per the weightage of the topic or section. It also gives you a fair understanding of what to study without missing out on the essential topics. Here is the UPPSC RO/ ARO Exam Pattern for prelims & mains-
There will be objective-type questions. There will be two papers in this exam as follows:
UPPSC RO/ ARO Exam Pattern For Prelims
|Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|General Studies (Paper I)||140||140||2 hours|
|General Hindi (Paper-II)||60||60||1 hour|
UPPSC RO/ARO Exam Pattern For Mains
|Subject||No of Question||Marks||Time Duration|
|General Studies||120||120||2 hours|
|General Hindi and Drafting (Part-1 (Conventional))||100||100||2 and 1/2 hours|
|General Hindi and Drafting (Part-2 General Vocabulary (Objective Type))||60||60||1/2 hour|
|Hindi Essay||120||120||3 hours|
- The questions will be of objective type.
- The test will be bilingual i.e., English & Hindi, except for general english.
- There will be a negative marking of 1/3rd for each wrong answer.
For a detailed syllabus- Click here
UPPSC RO/ ARO Complete Preparation Guide?
How To Download The Free ebook?
- Click on the below-given download link. You will be taken to Oliveboard’s FREE Ebooks Page. Alternately, you can download the Oliveboard Android App to access these on your smartphone.
- Register/Login on to the Free E-Books Page of Oliveboard (It is 100% free, You just enter your valid email id and a password.
- After Login you will be redirected to the dashboard as shown below. Click on the free ebooks section at the left botton as shown below:
4. Now press Ctrl+F and type “UPPSC RO/ ARO Complete Preparation Guide”
5. You will be able to download the ebook.
UPPSC RO/ ARO exam Prelims preparation Strategy 2021 – subject-wise Approach:
Stage I-General Studies (Paper I)
|Subject||Prep Sources (UPPSC RO/ARO books)||Tips|
|Current events of National & International importance||Standard Newspaper|
Monthly Current Affairs Magazine
|Read the newspaper on daily basis, if you are not able to do so, then you can refer to some good monthly magazines.|
|Indian History and National Movement||Ancient and Medieval– School Textbooks – NCERT Notes|
Modern – Spectrum (Rajiv Ahir)-NCERT Notes
Modern Indian History Notes
National Movement – IGNOU B.A. Notes
|Start from ancient history, make short and precise notes. Do not try to paste the entire book in your notes, it will be of no use before the exam.|
Give proper time for revision.
|Indian and World Geography||Class 6 to 12 NCERT Geography Books|
|Start from class 6th NCERT and proceed one by one.|
Keep atlas handy, so that you could make a proper mindmap to memorize more effectively.
|Indian Governance and Polity||Laxmikant||Do not start reading from the first chapter onwards. While reading Laxmikant try to read in sync. For example, if you are reading president then after that read about Vice-president. In this manner, you can understand the concepts easily.|
|Social and Economic Development||Basics of Indian Economics-School textbooks (Standard 9-12)||Read slowly-slowly, as understanding the concepts of economy demand proper attention.|
|Environmental Ecology, Climate Change, and Biodiversity||PD Sharma reference Book||Take help from Google, Youtube, as the concepts can be understood properly through pictorial representation.|
|General Science||School textbooks from classes 6-12|
General Science Lucent
|Start from basics if you are a non-science background student. Reading slowly with the help of examples and pictures will help you immensely.|
Stage-I-General Hindi (Paper-II)
For UPPSC PCS Prelims Paper-II, one should practice reading, Hindi grammar, and Practice Hindi questions. Some reference books for UPPSC RO ARO general Hindi are:
- Samanya Hindi by Examcart publications
- Complete Hindi Beginner to Intermediate Course by Simon Weightman
Step-by-Step UPPSC Preparation Tips For RO/ARO Exam
Step 1: Know the syllabus well
Step 2: Strengthen your basics
Step 3: Enhance Your Knowledge
Step 4: Practice Answer-Writing
Step 5: Mock-Test for Prelims
UPPSC RO/ARO Exam: General Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to clear the RO/ARO Exam.
- Make Time Table- Many students apply for any exam but then do not study systematically. For systematic study you need a proper time table. So first of all prepare a time table covering all the topics asked in the exam.
- Read good books: There are plenty of books available in the market, but reading all of them will be of no use. Refer to the standard books only (read the list of books mentioned above). If you have notes from your coaching institute then refer to them for your preparation.
- Read Newspaper: For current affairs(Paper-I) section, newspaper is a must.
- Revision is the key: One thing that sets toppers apart is the habit of revision. For this exam, revision is the key, you have to remember whatever you are reading.
- Mock Tests for Prelims: Join a mock test series for better understanding of the actual exam level, test series can immensely help you in acing this exam.
- Previous Year Question Papers: Go through the previous year question papers, It will help you to get a better idea of the level of exam and the kind of questions asked.
- Online Courses: Online courses can be of great help when it comes to competititve exams. You can buy any good online course for your preparation. The online courses provide you guidance, practice questions, and doubt solving facilties.
UPPSC RO/ARO Course Highlights:
|Number of Live Classes||220+ Classes|
|Number of Full-length Mock Tests||5 Mocks|
|Medium of Instruction||Hindi|
|Course Start date||1st Sept 2021|
|Validity||Till the exam|
|Other Highlights||– In-depth coverage of all Important topics.|
– Get confidence in each subject after completion of the course.
– You will get exam-oriented questions.
– Special Focus on Current News related topics
UPPSC RO/ARO Selection Batch–Features
|220+ Live Classes For Concept Building|
|5 Mock Tests based on previous year questions|
|Latest pattern and syllabus based live classes|
|Medium of Instruction in live classes – Hindi|
|Complete Coverage of History, Polity, Geography, Economics, Science, UP State, Census, Schemes, In-depth coverage of CA of UP Specific and Hindi|
|Live Class provided by Renowned Faculties of Delhi|
|PDF Provided after each Live Class|
|Complete Notes in Hindi, Current Affairs Notes, and many more|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The UPPSC RO/ARO exam is scheduled to take place on December 5, 2021.
The Age Limit for appearing in UPPSC RO/ARO Exams is 20-40 years.
No, there is no negative marking in UPPSC RO and ARO exams.
The candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree from the recognized university or equivalent to such qualification.
Yes, attempting mock tests on a regular basis helps you to get a better picture of your preparation. It will also help you to revise whatever you have learned so far. So indeed, attempting mock tests is a good choice.