XAT 2022 (Xavier Aptitude Test) is scheduled to be held on January 2, 2022. Decision making is a crucial part of the XAT exam and is also unique to it. In this blog, we will be discussing How to Prepare for XAT Decision Making and help you with some important tips on how to crack the XAT decision making section.
Table of Contents
XAT Decision Making – Importance
XAT decision making section checks the ability of the aspirants to take effective decisions within time constraints. Well, managers are required to make decisions every now and then, so it becomes even more important they think on rational lines and take decisions on purely logical approach. This section can be easy for some while tricky and time-consuming for others. It can be a very scoring section if prepared properly and with the right approach.
How to Prepare for XAT Decision Making ?
The syllabus of XAT Decision Making includes the following :
- Decision Making
- Situational Problems
- Analytical Reasoning
- Semi-Quantitative Topics
The Decision-making Section in XAT comprises business and day to day situations wherein you need to decide what the various stakeholders must do in given situations. You are provided with a situation that can have various course of actions or there are multiple fallout of an action and you are supposed to find out correct path. The different types of cases that you may encounter in this section can be classified as
(1) Cases needing the application of Mathematics and Statistics.
(2) Cases based on ethics.
(3) Cases based on evaluation of qualitative information.
XAT Decision Making
The decision making questions asked in XAT can be divided into 4 categories namely:
- Critical Reasoning
- Ethical Dilemma
- Management Issue
XAT 2022- Tips to crack XAT Decision Making
- Identify Stakeholders – For any given decision making question, it is very important to understand and identify who are the stakeholders in the situation. Try to remember all of them.
- Analyze the Problem from Stakeholders Perspective – Now for the next step, to answer the question, think from the perspective of each one of the stakeholders. Do not assume anything on behalf of any of stakeholder.
- Think of a viewpoint that can be applied in real life business situation – You would obviously want to maximize benefit and minimize damage. So, do the same here. The option that maximizes the good for all and minimizes the damage is correct.
- Do not bring in personal biases– When the given caselet is from day-to-day life, more often than not, people tend to bring in their personal biases. Do NOT do that! Try to think logically and and not let any prejudices overpower you.
- Unethical means should be avoided – Any option that suggests an unethical way of solving a problem is never the correct answer. Discard it immediately.
- Do not be Judgemental – The options that are judgemental, should also be discarded.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
XAT Mock Test
Any exam needs thorough practice of all the types of questions that are asked and can be asked. And what better way than to give Mock Tests. Mock tests help you to get acquainted to the exam pattern and lets you practice in a time bound atmosphere so that you get the real feel of the exam.
The same is done by Oliveboard’s mock tests. It gives you a thorough analysis of the strong and weak areas and gives feedback about where you need improvement. Do not forget to take up XAT Mock tests and give your best.
XAT decision making is unique to XAT and therefore requires a lot of practice. This section makes XAT different from other MBA entrance exams in India. Candidates are suggested to prepare well for this section by taking a lot of mock tests. We hope this article on how to crack XAT decision making helps candidates in scoring well in XAT 2022. Stay connected for more updates on XAT.