XAT 2019 (Xavier Aptitude Test) is scheduled to be held on January 6, 2019. Decision making is a crucial part of the XAT exam and also unique to it. It checks the ability of the aspirants to take effective decisions within time constraints. Well, managers are required to take decisions every now and then, so it becomes even more important they think on rational lines and take decisions on purely logical approach. This section can be easy for some while tricky and time-consuming for others. It can be a very scoring section if prepared properly and with the right approach. So, in this blog we will be discussing How to Prepare for XAT Decision Making and help you with some tips on how to tackle this section.
How to Prepare for XAT Decision Making ?
The syllabus of XAT Decision Making includes the following :
- Decision Making
- Situational Problems
- Analytical Reasoning
- Semi-Quantitative Topics
The Decision-making Section in XAT comprises business and day to day situations wherein you need to decide what the various stakeholders must do in given situations. You are provided with a situation that can have various course of actions or there are multiple fallout of an action and you are supposed to find out correct path. The different types of cases that you may encounter in this section can be classified as
(1) Cases needing application of Mathematics and Statistics.
(2) Cases based on ethics.
(3) Cases based on evaluation of qualitative information.
The decision making questions asked in XAT can be divided in 4 categories namely
- Critical Reasoning
- Ethical Dilemma
- Management Issue
Tips To Ace the Decision Making Section In XAT – 2019
- Identify Stakeholders – For any given decision making question, it is very important to understand and identify who are the stakeholders in the situation. Try to remember all of them.
- Analyze the Problem from Stakeholders Perspective – Now for the next step, to answer the question, think from the perspective of each one of the stakeholders. Do not assume anything on behalf of any of stakeholder.
- Think of a viewpoint that can be applied in real life business situation – You would obviously want to maximize benefit and minimize damage. So, do the same here. The option that maximizes the good for all and minimizes the damage is correct.
- Do not bring in personal biases– When the given caselet is from day-to-day life, more often than not, people tend to bring in their personal biases. Do NOT do that! Try to think logically and and not let any prejudices overpower you.
- Unethical means should be avoided – Any option that suggests an unethical way of solving a problem is never the correct answer. Discard it immediately.
- Do not be Judgemental – The options that are judgemental, should also be discarded.
Any exam needs thorough practice of all the types of questions that are asked and can be asked. And what better way than to give Mock Tests. Mock tests help you to get acquainted to the exam pattern and lets you practice in a time bound atmosphere so that you get the real feel of the exam. The same is done by Oliveboard’s mock tests. It gives you a thorough analysis of the strong and weak areas and gives feedback about where you need improvement. Do not forget to take up XAT Mock tests and give your best.
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now