Bihar Public Service Commission came into existence on 1st April 1949 (after its separation from the Commission for the states of Madhya Pradesh and Orissa). Like other states Public Service Commission, it is a constitutional body under Article 315 of the Constitution of India. Its mandate includes recruitment of technical and non-technical personnel for various departments of the state government through conducting competitive exams and interviews; advising the government on the suitability of officers – on the appointment, promotion, or transfer; and advising the government on matters relating to disciplinary cases of various civil services. It is currently headquartered in Patna. BPSC submits an annual report to the State Governor on the work done by the Commission.
The Bihar Public Service Commission Lower Division Clerk exam is the qualifying examination for screening and selecting eligible candidates for the post of Lower Division Clerk in the state of Bihar. BPSC has notified a total of 24 vacancies for LDC recruitment in the year 2021. 35% of the vacancies will be reserved for female candidates of Bihar.
The interested candidates had to apply online by submitting applications on the BPSC portal. The BPSC accepted online applications from 19th March to 16th April 2021.
- Candidates are selected through a 3 stage process comprising of:
- Preliminary exams,
- Mains Exams and
- Typing proficiency and Computer test
- Those with 12th Pass can apply for the exams
- Age Norms: Minimum age is 18 years though the maximum age varies:
- Males-General /Unreserved:37 years
- Females / Backward Community/ Economically Backward Community: 40 years
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe: 42 years
With limited vacancies, competition is expected to be very high for the BPSC LDC posts. Therefore interested candidates need to be well informed of the qualifying norms and selection process and prepare well in advance to stand a chance to get selected. Adequate knowledge about the syllabus and BPSC LDC Exam Pattern will be a prerequisite for good preparation.
Table of Contents
BPSC LDC Exam Pattern For 2021:
The exam pattern for BPSC-LDC posts is as follows:
- The examination has three stages: Preliminary; Mains and Skills test (Typing proficiency)
- Candidates will have to obtain qualifying marks in each stage to take the next exams
- Both Preliminary exams and Mains exams consist of objective type questions only
- Preliminary exams will have 150 questions
- Duration of the exam – 135 minutes
- The language of the question paper in the preliminary exam will be Hindi and English.
- Preliminary exams will be an Open-Book test. The candidates are allowed to carry one book for each subject.
- Marking System for Preliminary exams includes negative marking: 4 marks for the correct answer; 1 mark less for every wrong answer.
|PAPER||SECTIONS||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MARKS|
|General Science & Mathematics||50||200|
|Comprehension, Logic, Reasoning, Mental Ability||50||200|
Important Points And Useful Tips While Preparing For BPSC-LDC:
As explained above, BPSC LDC is a 2 stage examination with objective-type questions only. Considering the negative marking system during the Preliminary stage, candidates should focus on accuracy in choosing answers. Below are some useful tips that will help you get good scores and qualify for the next selection stage.
- To be thorough on the prescribed syllabus and BPSC LDC Exam Pattern for the year. This helps understand the extent of coverage of subjects & topics and prepare accordingly.
- Practice an adequate number of mock tests. Mock tests help in several ways.
- It helps understand the type of questions that will be asked in the actual exams.
- To manage time while attempting questions.
- To analyze those sections/subjects that are relatively difficult, and therefore focus on overcoming that.
- Gain confidence in facing the exams calmly.
- To make notes while studying, which would come in handy during final preparation. Such notes point you to specific key sections or parts that need quick/thorough revision or additional information.
Employment to various posts in government is always in high demand. With limited vacancies, competition is always tough as thousands apply for few posts. The competition is that much higher for entry-level posts like Lower Division Clerk. It is therefore extremely important for aspiring candidates to plan and prepare well in advance. Being aware of and tracking important dates right from the vacancy announcement is the first step. Having a copy of the prescribed syllabus (by printing the downloaded copy) is essential to prepare diligently. All three sections have equal marks weightage. Therefore equal focus on all the three sections is imperative. Candidates are advised to do mock tests regularly, which will help them finetune time management in answering questions while developing much-needed confidence to face the exams calmly.
A total of 24 vacancies are announced.
Details are best obtained on BPSC’s official website: http://bpsc.bih.nic.in/
The BPSC LDC 2021 examination subjects include General English(comprehension), Logical Reasoning, General Knowledge, General Studies, and Basic Knowledge of Computer.
It will be conducted online only. Candidates will be allowed one book per subject for the Preliminary exams as it is an open book exam.
Yes, for every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- BPSC LDC Vacancy: Overview, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern
- BPSC LDC Results: Overview, Steps to Download, Merit List, Cutoff
- BPSC LDC Admit Card: Overview, Process to Download, Important Details
- BPSC LDC Application Form: Overview, Form Fee, Selection Process
- BPSC LDC Eligibility: Overview, Criteria, Age Limit, Points to Remember
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series