There are multiple job posts available in both the Private and Public sectors with good career growth and income prospects. Candidates aspiring for such opportunities must have an overview of all such related jobs before making a career choice. This article presents a complete articulated comparison between ESIC UDC vs RRB NTPC to get to know the minute differences between the two.
As we all know, the nature of work depends on what the respective industry offers. All job postings will revolve around the power industry for the power sector. Similarly, for a pharmaceutical company, its job postings will include roles related to the medical industry. Accordingly, the staff will have to possess that knowledge to work for the entity. Some knowledge remains general, like the administrative works, housekeeping, accounting, security, Data entry, etc. However, some roles are very specific, for example, the research work, Reporting work, Supervisory roles, management roles, etc.
In the same manner, ESIC UDC vs RRB NTPC is poles apart. ESIC, which refers to Employee State Insurance Corporation, is a Semi-Government establishment working in the Employees and worker’s Insurance sector. Whereas RRB referred to as, Railway Recruitment Board, works in Railways being a Government sector. The basic difference here revolves around the Job Profile of the two and the nature of work expected from the staff of each of them. Let us dive into the point-wise comparative study of ESIC UDC and RRB NTPC to know them more.
Table of Contents
ESIC UDC vs RRB NTPC: Eligibility
|Sr. No.||Criteria||ESI UDC||RRB NTPC|
From a recognized University or Equivalent
Both Graduates and Undergraduate posts are open.
|2||Other Skills||Knowledge of Computer including Office suits and Database||Basic Computer Knowledge and application skills.|
The basic difference between ESIC UDC vs RRB NTPC Qualifications Criteria is that ESIC UDC requires graduation as a minimum qualification, and RRB NTPC hires both Graduates and Under-graduates.
Below is the table showing the comparison between the age limits:
|Sr. No.||Criteria||ESIC UDC||RRB NTPC|
|1||Minimum Age||18 Years||18 Years|
|2||Maximum Age||27 Years||33 Years|
|3||Age to be considered as on the date:||15th February 2022||1st January 2019|
The candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 to permanently settle in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam intending to settle in India permanently.
Provided that for categories (b), (c), (d), and (e) above, the candidate must possess a certificate of eligibility that the Government of India has issued. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Examination, but the offer of appointment will be given after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
The Nationality Criteria for both ESIC UDC and RRB NTPC are the same. Refer to the above.
Job Vacancy in terms of the number of posts is available for 2022 is given in the table below.
|ESIC UDC||RRB NTPC|
Further post-wise details for the job vacancies of RRB NTPC can be understood as given.
|A||For the Undergraduates|
|1||Junior Clerk cum Typist||4300|
|2||Accounts Clerk cum typist||760|
|5||Commercial cum ticket Clerk||4940|
|B||For the Graduates:|
|Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk||5638|
|Senior Clerk cum typist||2854|
|Junior Account Assistant cum Typist||3147|
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
ESIC UDC Selection Process 2022
The ESIC UDC selection process is divided into 3 stages:
- Prelims: The Preliminary exam of UDC is an objective type test. This exam is of 200 marks with 100 questions of 2 marks each divided into four sections. Negative marking of 1/4th of the marks for every wrong answer.
- Mains- Mains exam for Upper Division Clerk also has 4 sections. There are 200 questions with one mark each and a negative marking of 1/4th for every incorrect answer.
- Computer Skill Test- It is a descriptive Written Examination of a total duration of 30 minutes divided into the following:
- PPT Slide Preparation – 10 Marks.
- Typing Master with Formatting on MS Word – 20 Marks.
- MS Excel Formula using Formulae – 20 Marks.
The recruitment process is divided into four stages as below:
- 1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT),
- 2nd Stage Computer Based Test (CBT),
- Typing Skill Test/Computer Based Aptitude Test (as applicable), and
- Document Verification/Medical Examination.
Selection is made strictly as per merit, based on the recruitment stages mentioned above
Based on the performance of candidates in the Stage-1 and Stage-2 exams, they would be required to go for the Skill Test/Aptitude Test/ Document Verification. There are different tests for candidates appearing for different posts. They will either have to appear for the Skill test or Computer-Based aptitude test as stated by the selection committee based on Job requirements.
The RRB NTPC Exam pattern is as below:
- Stage 1: Three papers of 100 marks to be solved in 90 minutes. Passing marks are 25%, 30%, and 40% based on the categories of candidates. Candidates will be eligible for the second stage based on merit.
- Stage 2: Three papers of 120 marks to be solved in 90 minutes. A negative marking of 1/3 mark is done for each wrong answer.
- Stage 3: CBAT is only for Traffic Assistants and Station Master. A minimum T-Score of 42 marks is essential to qualify to the next level for all candidates. Typing Skill Test (TST) will require a candidate to have a typing speed of 25 WPM in Hindi and 30 WPM in English without editing tools and a spell check facility.
- Document Verification and Medical Tests: Candidates qualifying all three stages above will also have to qualify for the Medical tests. Based on job roles, medical eligibility for candidates is different. Also, the document verification process is conducted to ensure all documents submitted are legitimate and verified.
Employee State Insurance Corporation Upper Division Clerk (ESIC UDC)
Various roles are offered in the ESIC based on the type of branch, whether Regional Office, Branch Office, or Headquarters. Types of Roles include both as a Cashier and Non-Cashier. The ESIC UDC works for the daily administrative tasks, preparing reports, managing bank transactions, record keeping, arranging meetings, drafting letters, Data entry, Planning and Budgetary controls, processing claims, attending courts, managing employer benefits to insurers, payroll, etc. It is very important that staff working here knows about the ESIC Law and are well-versed with the work structure of the insurance sector. Below is the in-depth list of Job Roles for the ESIC UDC post.
Job Role for Regional Office, Sub-Region Office, and Headquarters:
- Letter Drafting
- File Maintenance
- Online Data Processing
Job Profile for Branch Office Non-Cashier role:
- Maintaining registers
- Letter Drafting
- Preparation of reports
- Uploading of various certificates
- Preparing online payment dockets
- Preparation of payment vouchers
- Spot investigations for employment injury cases and process the same.
- Submission of case reports and processing cases for the medical board.
- Processing Maternity benefit cases
- Ensuring Audit report compliances
- Processing conveyance and reimbursement cases for insured persons.
- Appearance in courts whenever necessary
- Preparation of payment lists for ECS transfer to beneficiaries.
- Processing of Online enrolments for biometric Identity cards.
- Arranging periodic meetings and dealing with facility matters as may be assigned.
Job Profile for Branch Office Cashier Role:
- Cash Deposits and cheque encashment from a bank and related works.
- Disbursement of payments to staff and third parties, including pensions.
- Maintenance of cash books and Cash Balance.
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliation statements and reports.
- Disbursement of benefit payments to Insured persons at pay offices as claims.
- Maintenance and custody of various registers, cash books, dockets, and duplicate keys.
- Preparation of daily, monthly, weekly and annual reports and Statement of accounts.
General Job Profile for Headquarters, Regional Office, Sub-Regional Office, ESI Dispensaries, etc.
- Prepare Budget estimates and Revised Estimates.
- Attends a witness in legal cases
- Deals with Medical procedures, arranging medical referee programs, the appointment of the medical referee, managing declaration forms, handling complaints regarding employer benefits, Medical appeal Tribunals, etc.
- Computation of Employee and Employers contribution, accounting, inspection reports, etc.
- Office work related to maintenance and review of Employee register and files, the annual assessment of the number of employees, setting up meetings, etc
- Conducting Audits, pre-audits, preparing reports, estimating budgets and drawing variances, a compilation of monthly accounts, internal audit, preparation of pension and income tax statements.
- Maintaining prescribed registers and preparing annual reports.
- Manages all works related to recruitment and job postings, review of staff, inspection reports, grant of advances and claims of employees, work-related to housekeeping activities records, etc.
- Submission for PUC and RTI Information
- Recovery of debt
- Attend to audit objections.
- Statutory Due payments.
- Raising fund requests in ERP.
- Maintenance of advance adjustments registers.
- Arrangements for fund transfer through Hqrs
- Prepare pension and eave salary bills regarding officials on Foreign Service and deputation.
- Maintain contingent ledgers.
- Maintain ECS RTGS payment registers.
RRB NTPC is Railway Recruitment Board Non-Technical Popular Categories. These posts generally have Job roles for both graduates and Under-graduates. Job roles include record-keeping of trains and passengers, Data entry, Train movement controls and supervisory activities, luggage, and goods control, maintenance of registers, train signaling, tickets issuance, and cancellation, attending passenger queries, etc. Below is the in-depth list of Job Posts and their respective roles.
Job Roles for an Undergraduate
Junior Clerk cum Typist
- Finance and Accounts related work
- Maintaining Files and record-keeping
- Tracking internal transactions
- Data Entry role
Accounts Clerk cum typist
- Admin work
- Check Financial irregularities
- Data entry work
- Monetary transaction tracking
- Budget related document handling
- Maintain records about arrival or departure of trains
- Manage sync with the network
- Maintain records of the number of coaches in train
- Maintain general train records
Commercial cum ticket clerk
- Issue reserved or unreserved tickets.
Job Roles for the Graduates
- Traffic and signal of trains
- Monitor control through the control program
- Ensure safe passage of a train
- Work with the station master
- Ensure breaking connectivity of boggy.
- Communicate arrival or departure of trains.
Senior Commercial Cum ticket clerk
- Check tickets issues
- Monitor the luggage and goods
Senior Clerk cum typist
- Maintain finance records
- Maintain all indoor activities
- Supervise Junior clerks
- Clerical jobs
- 45 days training
Junior Account Assistant cum Typist
- Manage budgets
- Check financial issues
- Admin work
- Budget management
- Track transactions, expenditures, and settlements
- Supervise Junior timekeepers
- Keep records of trains movements
- Supervise commercial branches.
- Shift jobs.
- Supervise and control activities of railway station assigned
- Distribute staff duties
- Ensure smooth train movements
- Manage station employees
- Solve passenger queries.
Salary, Pay Scale, Perks, and Benefits
Pay Level 4 offers a salary of Rs.25,500 to Rs.81,100 as per the 7th Central Pay Commission.
This pay is replaced against a pay band of Rs. 5200-20200 along with grade pay of Rs.2800.
Also allowances such as Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, and other allowance from time to time.
The highest salary is paid to the Commercial Apprentice and Station Master.
|Sr. No.||Post||Salary (Rs.)|
|1||Junior Clerk cum Typist:||19,900|
|2||Accounts Clerk cum Typist||19,900|
|3||Junior Time Keeper||19,900|
|5||Commercial cum Ticket Clerk||21,700|
|3||Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk||29,200|
|4||Senior Clerk cum Typist||29,200|
|5||Junior Account Assistant cum Typist:||29,200|
|6||Senior Time Keeper||29,200|
The allowances and perks for all RRB NTPC Graduates and Undergraduate posts are listed as below:
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Transport Allowance (TA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Pension Scheme
- Medical Benefits
In terms of perks and benefits, RRB NTPC staff will always enjoy more perks and benefits than ESIC UDC staff.
As understood from the above, both career options are way too different. Job Vacancies for RRB NTPC are more than ESIC UDC, and also the selection criteria is a step ahead, including medical tests. However, Salary offered in ESIC UDC is higher, and allowances, perks, and benefits for RRB NTPC are higher. Educational Qualification for ESIC UDC is much more than RRB NTPC as they hire only Graduates, whereas RRB NTPC hires both Graduates and Undergraduates.
The primary difference lies in the sector these work. The ESIC UDC job role is in the insurance sector, whereas the RRB NTPC Job role lies in the Railway Travel and Transport Sector. Also, Job Vacancies for RRB NTPC are much more than those for ESIC UDC.
Both RRB NTPC and ESIC UDC job roles are paid well in terms of Salary. However, it depends on which post a candidate is. Considering the salary, ESIC UDC pays well while, considering the perks and benefits associated with the salary, RRB NTPC is very beneficial.
This factor depends completely on the preparation level of the candidate. However, considering the stages, medical requirements for an RRB NTPC post are much more strict than ESIC UDC. Mere passing of tests does not make a candidate eligible for the posts in RRB NTPC. Such medical requirements for an ESIC UDC post are much lower. That makes it easy in these terms. However, knowledge-wise ESIC UDC is a tough process to crack.
- Detailed List of Newspapers and Journals During British India – Study Material for RRB NTPC CBT 2 Exam
- Previous Year RRB NTPC Cutoff Marks | Check Here
- RRB NTPC CBT 2 for Levels 2, 3 and 5 from 12th June 2022 – Check Details Now
- RRB NTPC CBT 2 Answer Key Released on 13th May 2022 – Check Now
- RRB NTPC CBT 2 Memory Based Questions GA/GS PDF – Get it Now