The ESIC SSO recruitment notification was out sometime back. We have previously shared preparation strategy for Quantitative Aptitude. Today, we are going to help you with tips How to prepare Reasoning for ESIC SSO exam 2022. Let’s glance through the exam pattern first.
Table of Contents
- ESIC SSO Reasoning Exam Pattern
- Reasoning Ability Preparation Strategy 2022
- How to prepare Reasoning for ESIC SSO 2022
- Reasoning Ability Preparation For ESIC SSO 2022 – Preparation Tips
ESIC SSO Reasoning Exam Pattern
Phase 1 of ESIC SSO Recruitment 22 – Preliminary Exam
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration||Language|
|English Language||30||30||20 Minutes||English|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 Minutes||English & Hindi|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes||English & Hindi|
Reasoning Ability Exam Analysis For Shift 1 Conducted On 3 Nov 2018
35 Questions; 35 Marks; 20 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate to Difficult
- Linear Arrangement – 5 Q
- Puzzle – 5 Q
- Floor based questions – 5 Q
- Syllogism – 5 Q
- Linear Inequality – 5 Q
- Blood Relation -3 Q
- Coding decoding – 5 Q
- Direction -2 Q
Reasoning Ability Exam Analysis For Shift 2 Conducted On 3 Nov 2018
35 Questions; 35 Marks; 20 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
- Seating Arrangement & Puzzles: 16 Q
- Inequalities: 4 Q
- Coding decoding: 2 Q
- Syllogism: 3 Q
- Blood Relation: 1 Q
- Direction Sense: 2 Q
- Miscellaneous: 7
Reasoning Ability Preparation Strategy 2022
Topics in reasoning include syllogisms, blood relationships, coding and decoding, and arrangement-based reasoning. Having mastered the basics of these topics, you can start developing tricks and shortcuts for specific types of questions. Practice as many questions as possible. After you master the basics, switch to time-bound practice. Gradually increase the difficulty level of questions to master this section.
How to prepare Reasoning for ESIC SSO 2022
Know the ESIC SSO Syllabus for Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
- Circular Seating Arrangement
- Linear Seating Arrangement
- Double Line-up
- Input Output
- Blood Relations
- Directions and Distances
- Ordering and Ranking
- Data Sufficiency
- Coding and Decoding
- Coded Inequalities
Understand the Concepts
One of the most important aspects of exam preparation is having crystal clear concepts. Having strong basics helps you crack the toughest of all questions and thus score better. The best way to build your basics is to watch video lessons. These are better alternatives as video lessons are interactive, you can learn at your own pace and you can always watch these lessons again and again.
Practice Tests of Varied Difficulty Levels
Practice tests of varied difficulty levels so that you can improve at every stage. Take topic tests from Oliveboard. These tests come in 3 difficulty levels, namely: Level 1 (easy), Level 2 (moderate), Level 3 (difficult). Take these tests to establish your proficiency in a particular topic. Learn the basics and then gradually move from easy to higher difficulty questions.
Practice Sectional & Full-Length Mock Tests
Sectional tests are provided to you for English, Quant, and Reasoning. Use these tests to build on your sectional strategies. This will help you focus on each section and think of it as one paper. Fine tune your strengths, identify your weaknesses and work on them. Also, take the full-length mock tests to give yourself a feel of the exam. Ideally, one full mock must be attempted before you begin your preparation, as this helps you see where you stand and where you need to reach. Think of this as a diagnostic test. As you progress in your preparation, these mock tests should be equally divided during the complete duration.
Mock Test Analysis
It is very important that you analyse all your mock attempt, identify weak areas and fix them. In competitive exams, it is important to be at the top of all topics. So, even if you find a few areas difficult, try to practice more and improve them.
Reasoning Ability Preparation For ESIC SSO 2022 – Preparation Tips
- Understanding the question is the first step in solving Syllogism questions, so read the question multiple times to ensure that you have understood all the aspects of the question. Once you have understood the question, you can easily eliminate the incorrect options and solve the question.
- To Solve Seating Arrangement questions, make use of diagrams. For linear arrangements, draw a line then mark positions on it, for circular arrangement draw a circle and a rectangle for the rectangular arrangement problems. Diagrams give you a clear picture of seating positions and would save you a lot of time in solving these questions.
- For Solving Coding decoding problems, write down all the alphabets from A to Z and then Z to A one below the other. Also, number them. it would help you identify the coding pattern quickly, which in turn will assist with decoding the pattern and arriving at an answer.
Oliveboard Bolt series E-books:
- Oliveboard Bolt – General Awareness
- Bolt – Monthly Current Affairs PDF
- Banking Bolt – Free E-book for Banking Awareness
- Economy Bolt – Free E-book for Economy