With the notification for IBPS Clerk 2019 out, there is already a sense of excitement amongst the candidates who are going to appear for the exam this year. Along with the preparations, the question that troubles the candidates most is the IBPS Clerk 2019 bank preference. Candidates do take an enormous amount of time in choosing the bank and the city to apply from but often end up regretting their choice. The decision to chose any particular bank should be prompted with smart research. In this blog, we will help you understand the basic things that are to keep in mind when opting for bank preference IBPS Clerk 2019.
IBPS Clerk Selection Process:
IBPS Clerk 2019 will be conducted in 2 steps:
IBPS Clerk 2019 Prelims-
This exam requires candidates to clear sectional as well as overall cutoff to appear for the next step. This round is an eliminator round and the marks scored in this section is not considered for Final Merit.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Mains
Final selection is done on the basis of the marks scored in this section. In this section also one needs to clear sectional as well as Overall cutoff to qualify and be eligible for Selection Procedure. Cutoff is decided considering the number of vacancies in all the states.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Bank Preference:
During the initial filling up of the form for IBPS Clerk 2019 candidates are prompted to chose the order of priority for the Participating Public Sector Banks. It is very important to chose the right bank amongst the participating ones.
|Allahabad Bank||Canara Bank||Indian Overseas bank||Syndicate Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Central Bank Of India||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||UCO Bank|
|Bank of Baroda||Corporation Bank||Punjab National Bank||Union Bank Of India|
|Bank Of India||Indian Bank||Punjab and Sind Bank||United Bank of India|
|Bank of Maharashtra|
The participating banks have declared various vacancies State-wise and Bank wise. You can find the details for Statewise vacancy in our blog for IBPS Clerk notification.
Factors to Keep in Mind when choosing the Bank – IBPS Clerk 2019
- Language Proficiency– Many a time while filling the bank preference candidates tend to fill up the state where the banks have most vacancy. Please choose the state for which you are comfortable with the local language. This trait will help you in the long term once selected. Banks do consider the language barrier to be a serious issue as it hinders the employees’ efficiency to communicate with the customers. Remember you do not need to have a domicile for any state for which you the local language.
For ex.- If you are from Delhi and you are proficient in Kannada language you can consider applying from the Karnataka state as well.
- Relocation– Assess yourself if you are ready to move to other cities or not. Willingness to work from hometown is highly observed in the candidates appearing for the exam. Make a list of states that you will be comfortable working in and then go for the fill-up. Please find the list of vacancies in different states in our other blog for IBPS Clerk.
Bank Rankings- Performance Wise
As per the current Market Standards, Banks are rated on the basis of their performance in the last 3 quarters. List of banks as per their ratings in the ascending order is:
- Punjab National Bank
- Bank Of Baroda
- Canara Bank
- Bank of India
- Union Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Central Bank
- Indian Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Allahabad Bank
IBPS Clerk 2019 Bank Preference – Region wise
|North Region (Delhi, Punjab, UP, Uttarakhand, J & K, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana and Rajasthan)||South Region (Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala)|
|UCO Bank||Canara Bank|
|Union Bank of India||Andhra Bank|
|Allahabad Bank||Corporation Bank|
|Punjab National Bank||Indian Bank|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||Bank of India|
|Bank of India||UCO Bank|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Union Bank of India|
|Central Bank of India||Allahabad Bank|
|Corporation Bank||Bank of Maharashtra|
|Andhra Bank||Central Bank of India|
|Canara Bank||Punjab National Bank|
|Indian Bank||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|East & North East Region (Odisha, West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Northeastern states)||West & Central Region (Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Goa)|
|UCO Bank||Union Bank of India|
|Allahabad Bank||Bank of India|
|Union Bank of India||Bank of Maharashtra|
|Bank of India||Central Bank of India|
|Bank of Maharashtra||UCO Bank|
|Central Bank of India||Allahabad Bank|
|Punjab National Bank||Corporation Bank|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||Punjab National Bank|
|Canara Bank||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|Andhra Bank||Canara Bank|
|Corporation Bank||Andhra Bank|
|Indian Bank||Indian Bank|
Over the years it has been observed that most of the banks offer a similar profile and Payscale for the position of IBPS clerk. Also, the allotment of the Bank is done on the basis of the Scores achieved in the IBPS Clerk Mains 2019. In the end, one has to join the Bank he/she has been allocated to. So it is good to do a little homework on your part before making any career impacting decision. IBPS Clerk 2019 Bank preference will be a decisive step as it will be a long term relation with the bank.
In this blog, We have tried to include all the necessities that will help you guys in making a flawless decision regarding IBPS Clerk 2019 bank preference. We will keep bringing more such updates that will make your experience from filling up the form to taking up the exam, even more enriching. Keep following Oliveboard page for more updates.
Give your Preparations a Boost with Oliveboard Mock Tests:
- 20 Mocks for IBPS Clerk 2019 Prelims
- 10 Mocks for IBPS Clerk 2019 Mains
- All Topic Tests
- Sectional Tests
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course + 30 Full length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test