The IBPS Clerk Prelims exam is scheduled to be held on 5th, 12th & 13th December 2020. With just 2 days from the first day of the exam, we bring to you a few IBPS Clerk Prelims last-minute tips. Let’s glance through the exam pattern first.
IBPS CLERK 2020 – Preliminary Exam Pattern
|Sr. No.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum marks||Time allotted for each test|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS Clerk Prelims Last Minute Tips (Section-Wise)
The key to successfully clearing the English section is having strong basics. Go through your English notes, grammar rules and practice a few tests to improve your confidence along with speed and accuracy before the exam.
This section will test your speed and accuracy. Practice as many questions as you can, especially from percentage, average, simple interest and profit & loss, in these last three days.
Practice as many tests as you can from logical and analytical reasoning, blood relations, syllogisms, circular seating arrangement, linear seating arrangement, coding-decoding, inequalities, etc. This section can be time-consuming and lengthy, therefore, make sure you pick and attempt wisely.
IBPS CLERK 2020: How to Attempt the Exam
- No blind guesswork. The number of questions you need to attempt cannot be pre-determined as it is a function of the level of difficulty. Just keep a fine balance of accuracy and speed. Remember that there is 1/4thof negative marking for every wrong answer. Therefore, avoid guesswork as much as possible. Accuracy is as important as speed in this exam. Try the elimination method to eliminate 2-3 options before making calculated guesses, and refrain from any blind guesswork.
- Do not get stuck on one question and waste your time. You can always come back to it in case you have time left.
- Remember that you have to clear both sectional and overall cut-offs. So, at the start make sure you attempt enough questions on each section.
IBPS CLERK 2020: General Tips
Avoid New Topics
Do not start any new topic now. Any new thing that you would try learning now may not properly be retained. Try to revise whatever you have studied till now and get command over it.
Take Mock Tests
Take full-length mock tests after your preparation to measure your progress. Oliveboard’s Mock tests would provide you instant feedback in the form of analytics, which will help you determine your speed & accuracy in solving questions and identify your strong and weak areas. So practice as many mock tests as you can in these last few days.
Do not take it lightly and leave it for the last day. Revise all the concepts, formulas, shortcuts, and tricks so that you don’t forget them. Highlight the important points.
Make a Separate Note
Write the formula, shortcuts, tricks, etc. on a separate paper so that you can quickly go through it before the exam.
Time is a crucial factor and it is easy to lose track while writing an exam. This is where your practice will show results. Manage it properly.
Speed and Accuracy
Speed and accuracy is one aspect that would outshine your performance. Practicing daily would help you in this regard. Try to attempt the maximum number of questions with 100% accuracy because in an exam like this, you cannot afford to lose even one-fourth of marks.
Read the Question Properly
Understand what is written in the question. Do no hastily skip the question just by looking at it. You might just be able to do it if you read it properly. So, before skipping, read it carefully because sometimes the questions that look difficult, are actually easy to solve, especially Puzzles.
Avoid Stress and Anxiety
It’s imperative to stay calm and composed. Do not get too excited or too worried. Doing some light exercise or meditation would help you.
Stay Away from Negative Thoughts
Try to stay away from negative thoughts or people that demotivate you. Have confidence that you have given your best & your hard-work will bear fruits.
Take a well-balanced diet. Avoid oily and sugary snacks. Stay well hydrated.
Relax and Rest:
Do not let anxiety ruin your preparation. Keep reminding yourself that there is nothing that you cannot achieve. Make sure you don’t deprive yourself of sleep. Taking proper sleep would improve your concentration and help you remember things easily.
Keep your Call letter, recent passport size photograph, Photo identity proof (Original + Photocopy), Ball Point Pen (all things that are mentioned in your call letter to carry on the day of exam) in your bag before the day of exam so that you may not forget any of these in hurry. It is better to reach the Examination Centre in advance than getting late. So, leave early to avoid getting stuck in the traffic.
- Call Letter
- Photograph (if mentioned)
- ID Proof
- Ball pen
- Reach the centre in advance
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
This brings us to the end of the blog. Hope you find the IBPS CLERK 2020 Last-Minute Tips provided here useful. If you have any queries, write in the comment below.
You can download 200+ ebooks important for SSC, Banking, Railway, Insurance, and other government exams here.
All the Best!
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now