Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is an independent organization, which administers online examinations every year to recruit trainees, clerks, and officers in public sector banks all over India. IBPS takes care of various exams that fall under their category, like Probationary Officer, Clerk, Specialist Officer, etc. This year, the IBPS recruitment 2020 exams were held in the duration between April to October. The organization will release the exam notifications for the year 2020 soon. IBPS exams are conducted in two phases – the Preliminary and the Main. Subjects common to both the phases include English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
As per the IBPS recruitment 2020 notification, the recruiting body had raised the level of difficulty of the exam papers last year, making it hard for the candidates, especially those appearing for the entrance exam for the first time, to secure good marks. Often, students end up making some mistakes while preparing for the entrance exams, which result in blunders. However, with the right preparation strategy, cracking the IBPS exams is possible indeed.
IBPS Recruitment 2020 – Tips to Keep in Mind
Here are some useful tips on how to crack IBPS exam –
- Set a Goal – You should set a goal for yourself before you strive towards achieving it. Do not sit for the exam only for the sake of it. Know what you are aiming for and then start preparing to achieve your goal.
- Start Your Preparations Early – Begin your preparations as soon as the syllabus is published. The more you delay, the more difficulty you will face completing the syllabus. You must devote a considerable amount of time to your preparations if you wish to crack IBPS exams 2020.
- Study Plan – You must follow a study plan and a strict timetable, as it will keep you focused and organized in your studies.
- Analyze – Analyzing one’s level of preparation is significant. Even before you start preparing for the entrance exam, you should have a fair idea about how much you know already. This will help you improve your strengths and work on your weak points.
- Strategize – while taking the exam, you should always attempt the easier questions first. If you get stuck on one question, do not waste your time trying to solve it. Move on to the next questions and come back to it later, if time permits. Your goal should be to attempt as many questions as possible within the allotted time.
Section-wise Preparation Strategy to Crack IBPS Exams – IBPS Recruitment 2020
- Focus on studying the basic rules of Grammar, as it will help to clear your concept and you will be able to answer most of the questions easily and correctly. If you practice enough, you will be able to score 5-10 marks in the Grammar section.
- Read the list of ‘commonly asked word’ and revise them to score well in the Vocabulary section.
- Students are advised to start with the Grammar section first and then move on to the Vocabulary section because these are the sections, where one can score maximum marks. Get to the Verbal Ability or Comprehension section last, as it is a bit time-consuming.
- Instead of wasting your time solving the difficult questions, attempt the easier ones first, as they are sure to fetch you marks.
- Questions from Data Interpretation section are less time taking and hence, you should solve them first.
- The Quantitative section is based on basic arithmetic formulas. If you know the formula by heart, you should attempt to solve them first.
- You should attempt for all the Inequalities, Coding-Decoding, Analogies, and Rank & Order, Series, and Pattern & Arrangement questions first. These are easy to solve and do not take much time.
- Next, solve questions based on Seating Arrangements and Puzzles.
- Once you have covered a major portion of the paper, you can move on to the problems based on Blood Relations, Syllogism, Input-Output, and Distance & Directions.
- Data Sufficiency is a relatively tough section to crack. Therefore, you should attempt questions from this section last.
Revision and effective time management are key to securing optimal marks in IBPS exams. While practicing test papers, try to solve the questions in the least possible time. It is also important that you take mock tests online regularly based on what you study in order to evaluate your performance. Understand where you got stuck, in which section you are likely to make silly mistakes and spend more time, and what you can do to improve your marks. Finally, make sure that you do not end up repeating the same mistakes.
If you follow these exam tips and strategies, you can be sure of obtaining good marks in upcoming IBPS exams. That is all from us in this blog, IBPS recruitment 2020. Oliveboard is here to help you achieve more with its strategized exam pattern in the mocks and analytical tool which helps guide to the weak area which more focus and improvement.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – Our Monthly General Awareness free e-book
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course + 30 Full length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test