With SBI and IBPS PO interview underway, and we’re positive that many of you must have cracked them, we bring to you a few last minute tips that will come in handy before you enter that dreaded ‘Interview Room’. These tips are not just for the SBI or IBPS interviews but are common to all.
Although they are easily overlooked, the following points are of immense importance when it comes to nailing that interview.
But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Tips To Ace SBI and IBPS PO Interview
Tips To Ace SBI and IBPS PO Interview
In our last blog post about banking interviews, we mentioned that SBI, conducts panel interviews, and among the 5 people in that panel, there maybe one, who doesn’t seem to do anything. So what is he simply sitting there for?!
That person is observing you and your body language. Just to give you an idea of how important a factor this is: Body Language accounts for about 70% of our communication with the other person.
Come to think of it, even before you say a word, a person will have formed an impression about you. But like we said, we’ve got you covered.
Read along to find out everything you need to do to ace that 70% of the conversation.
1. Dress To Conquer
Dressing appropriately is of immense importance. Your attire determines the kind of first impression you will give your employers. It’s a good idea to wear smart formals to your interview and Casual, un-ironed clothes; unpolished, informal footwear are a complete NO NO!
Tip for women: Women can wear a plain and light-colored cotton saree or salwaar kameez with a plain dupatta or a blazer with light colored blouse and trousers. Use minimum jewelry and makeup.
Tip for men: Men can go for a plain light-colored shirt and dark colored trousers and a plain tie. A blazer would be good during the winter season. Make sure your shoes are polished, you are clean shaven and your hair is neat.
Make sure you dress appropriately and this important not just for other but also because it also boosts your confidence!
2. Offer A Firm Handshake
We can’t emphasize this enough!
A lousy handshake can get fetch you a really negative impression and that’s the last thing you want. On the other hand, a firm handshake will get you loads of brownie points.
3. Be In control of That Slouching Back and Fidgety Hands
Sit up straight, don’t ever slouch!
Yes, maintaining a good body posture indicates that you are eager and attentive. And trust us on this one, it goes a long way.
4. Eye Contact!
Maintaining eye contact is indicative of your honesty and confidence. It implicitly makes you trustworthy and indicates that you are comfortable with yourself and know what you are talking about.
Both, highly desirable traits in a prospective employee.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
5. Believe in Yourself
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t; either way, you’re right!”
Heard that famous quote by Henry Ford?
Believing that you can do it, is the key to succeeding. So just take a deep breath and go nail that interview! In case, we couldn’t pump you up, we’re sure this extra dose of motivation and self belief will!
6. Do your research on the bank
Do thorough background research of the bank and the job profile you’re interviewing for. Out of all the questions asked by the interviewer, two to three will be related to their company and the job profile you’re applying for. Visit the bank website before appearing for the interview.
7. Be polite to the interviewer
Greet the interviewer(s) after entering with a firm handshake and do not sit until you have been asked to take a seat. A ‘Hello’ and ‘How do you do?’ would suffice, and you need not indulge in small talk with the interviewer(s).
8. Thank the interviewer
Last but not the least; do not leave the room without thanking the interviewer(s) for giving you his/her/their time.
9. Take An Expert Guidance: Personalised Interview Course for SBI & IBPS
Course Started February 15, 2021
Medium of Instruction: English
Learning for Interview
- Live Video & Audio Interaction with the faculty
- Special Focus on Current Issues & Banking Awareness
- Access to Personality Development lectures
- Live Session on personality development
- Special Sessions on Current Issues for All Round Coverage.
|Course Access||Last 4 months current affairs videos|
Access to Banking and Financial Awareness Course
|Classes||Special Coverage of Banking Awareness|
Exclusive Interview round with ex-IBPS panel
Special GD Session for SBI PO Students
Two 1:1 Mock Interviews with feedback
Coverage of Current Issues
6 Personality Development Videos
|Special Feature||Special Live Session on Personality Development|
Practice for Interview
- Exclusive Interview rounds with ex-IBPS panel
- Unique 1-to-1 Mock Interview Sessions with feedback from faculty’s end
- Special personalized mentoring from the top faculty in India
*Course Validity: Until end of interview process
That all we have in this blog with last minute tips to ace your SBI, RRB, IBPS PO Interview. We hope this will be helpful in your quest to your dream banking career.
- SBI Clerk Study Plan 2021 | 50 Days SBI Clerk Prelims Study Plan
- Free Mock Tests | Bank, SSC, Railway & Other Govt Exams
- SBI Clerk Result 2020 | First List of Candidates Selected From Waiting List Released
- SBI Clerk Online Coaching – Join SBI Clerk 2021 Selection Batch
- Success Story of Gopesh Tyagi | Cleared SBI Clerk 2020
- Success Story of Yash Agarwal | Cleared SBI Clerk 2020
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now