Railway Recruitment Boards had earlier notified a total vacancy of 1,03,769 for Railway RRB/RRC Group D Exam 2019, and online applications were invited by RRBs on behalf of RRCs from eligible Indian Nationals and other nationals as brought out at Para 4 of this CEN for various posts in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix in various units of Indian Railways. The Exam is scheduled to happen in September/October 2019. For those who had applied for the exam should buck up and take up their RRC/RRB Group D Preparation seriously.
RRC/RRB Group D Exam 2019 would be conducted in three phases and candidates will have to go 3 stages of selection.
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification
Railways RRB/RRC Exam Pattern 2019 – Computer Based Test
|Name of the Section
|Number of Questions
|Total Time Duration
|General Intelligence and Reasoning
and Current Affairs
RRB Group D Preparation – Section-Wise
1. RRB Group D Preparation – Mathematics – List of Topics
|Ratio and Proportion
|Time and Work
|Time and Distance
|Simple & Compound Interest
|LCM & HCF
|Profit and Loss
|Calendar & Clock
|Geometry and Trigonometry
Railway Group D Preparation Books & Tips
- Now, these are the most basic topics of Mathematics that we all have studied in our schools. Either you can take up the school NCERTS books or Quantitative Aptitude by R. S. Agarwal. These will give quite a good idea of the basics of all these topics as well a good number of questions to practice.
- The next best resource for interactive learning will be Oliveboard’s You-tube channel where our expert Faculty members teach you the basics of each and every topic and also make you practice a lot of questions.
- The next things you can do is practice the syllabus of Mathematics topic-wise using Topic Tests. These Topic Tests will give you a range of questions that you can practice upon and test yourself. After taking up the Topic tests, go through the solutions part thoroughly so that next time one such question comes, you are able to solve it in no time.
2. RRB Group D Preparation – General Intelligence and Reasoning – List of Topics
|Alphabetical and Number Series
|Coding and Decoding
|Conclusions and Decision making
|Similarities and Differences
|Statement – Arguments and Assumptions
Railway Group D Preparation Books & Tips
- Now, this is one section that can fetch you very high marks if prepared and attempted wisely.
- For revising the basic of all these topics you can refer to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal.
- For preparing Puzzles and Seating Arrangement type questions, the best book would be “Puzzle Mania“.
- Similarly, after you are done with the basic revising, go on to practice a number of questions so that you have a grip over all these topics and can solve them once you see them in the exams in very less time. You can use Topics Tests for your practice.
3. RRB Group D Preparation – General Awareness and Current Affairs – Railway Group D Preparation Books & Tips
First and foremost thing would be to regularly read newspaper or daily news analysis.
The questions in this section can be a wide range of Topics :
- Science & Technology &
- Current Affairs
4.. RRB Group D Preparation – General Science – Railway Group D Preparation Books & Tips
- The syllabus under this shall cover Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10th standard level (CBSE).
- You can use NCERT books for the Basics of the above subjects.
- The other books would be Lucent General Knowledge.
Now, these were the Topics, Resources and Preparation Tips for the Railways RRB/RRC Group D Exam in this blog of “RRB Group D Preparation”. The Exam Dates and Admit Cards will soon be out in the official RRB website.
Have a Look at the Railways RRB/RRC Group D Mock Test Series 2019 here and read what all it offers.
1. 10 Mocks for Railways RRB (RRC) Group D
2. All Topic Tests
3. GK Supplement with 2500 questions
Register for Free Mock Test Below
Apply Coupon Code – RRB50 & Get 50% off
[gdlr_button href=”https://www.oliveboard.in/railways-rrb/?ref=hny” target=”_blank” size=”large” background=”#1b5df1″ color=”#ffffff”]Register & Take up a Free Mock Test[/gdlr_button]
I enjoy creating SEO-friendly, information-rich marketing content. Cooking is therapeutic! I like to cook and eat it too!