Railway Recruitment Board announced around 35,000 vacancies to be filled this year. The exam date for RRB NTPC (Non-Technical Popular Category) stage 1 exam is scheduled to start from 15th December 2020. In this post, we will guide you on how to score above 80 in the RRB NTPC stage 1 exam. The RRB NTPC stage 1 exam has three sections: General Awareness, Mathematics, and General Intelligence and Reasoning. Refer to the table below for a detailed outlook:
|Sections||No. of questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Awareness||40||40||Composite time of 90 minutes(120 minutes for PwBD candidates)|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30||30|
- Stage 1 is only of screening nature.
- For every correct answer, one mark is scored and for every incorrect answer one-third of a mark will be deducted.
- Normalization of marks will be done.
- The section-wise distribution in the above table is only indicative and there may be some variations in the actual exam
How to score above 80 in RRB NTPC stage 1?
There is no sectional timing for any section. So, try to solve easy questions first in each section, followed by the moderate ones, and so on. Now we will discuss each section so that you can get a clear idea on how to score above 80 in the RRB NTPC stage 1 exam.
RRB NTPC stage 1 – Maths Preparation:
In this section, just basic concepts will help you score more than 20 marks.
- Work on your basics first like Number systems, Percentages, Ratio, and Proportions, etc.
- Then increase the level of difficulty. Now, practice all the topics.
- After getting well accustomed with the basics and easy topics, try to concentrate more on the topics which you were finding very difficult earlier.
- Finally, attempt full mock tests and previous year question papers as well for the purpose of revision.
RRB NTPC stage 1 – General Awareness Preparation:
- Make a regular habit of reading Newspapers and Magazines.
- Make notes on daily current affairs.
- Study the basic chapters of Science (school level).
- Try to take online tests daily, weekly and monthly which helps you get more information.
- Update yourselves daily and prepare static GK.
RRB NTPC stage 1 – General Intelligence and Reasoning Preparation:
- At first, try to cover the easy topics.
- Concentrate more on topics like Coding and Decoding and Blood Relations so that you can score up to 10 marks easily.
- Then, practice individual topics likes Syllogisms, Analogy, Non-verbal reasoning, etc..
- After that you can solve various types of Puzzle like seating arrangements, etc.
- Try to attempt one mock test daily on this section.
Preparation strategy to score above 80 in RRB NTPC stage 1:
- The very first thing to do is that you should create a schedule for each section daily.
- Try to cover all the topics.
- Have a habit of reading and taking notes and revising them on a regular basis.
- Improve your problem-solving skills.
- Analyse previous year question papers and attempt a full mock test at least twice a week.
- Don’t spend too much time on a single question.
- Try to analyze your strong and weak areas which will help you focus on questions that would bring you definite marks.
- Finally, the most important thing is to maintain the accuracy as negative marking can sometimes do a lot of harm.
Always start your preparation with the section in which you are comfortable so that it will increase your confidence level and help you to score good marks. Practice as much as possible to increase your speed and maintain the accuracy level to score above 80 in the RRB NTPC stage 1 exam.
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Attempt SBI PO Free Mock Test for Prelims now
- IB ACIO 2020 – 2000 Vacancies – Start Preparing a Free Mock Test now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test
- Crack All IBPS Exams – Join Mega Banking Online Course Now